Yuval

Respawn type change?

In my mission, I want 4 players to capture a base. I want them to not be able to respawn until they do so and after they successfully capture the base they should be able to respawn in it. I know how to make them respawn in it but my problem is that I don't know how to change the respawn type in the middle of the game. Does anyone know how to do that?

Hi yuval, 

As far as I am aware changing respawn type in game is impossible, but I'm sure there is a way around this, let me know if the following gets you anywhere. For some reason I am getting a "502 bad gateway" error trying to access the wiki right now, but its possible using an "onplayerkilled.sqf" script will allow you to accomplish this, for now though...

Try using the "old" respawn system (markers named respawn_west, respawn_west_2 etc.)

So you probably have this all set up already but the description.ext needs to contain:

respawn = "BASE";

Place a marker named R1 on the base, where you want the respawn point to be once the base is captured.

Then place a trigger in your mission that is activated when the Base is captured, with an OnActivation field of:

createMarker [""respawn_west"", (getMarkerPos ""R1"")];

This will create a respawn point on R1, if this is the only respawn point units will always spawn on it from then on.

Hope it helps,

Ed

• Like 1

Hi yuval, 

As far as I am aware changing respawn type in game is impossible, but I'm sure there is a way around this, let me know if the following gets you anywhere. For some reason I am getting a "502 bad gateway" error trying to access the wiki right now, but its possible using an "onplayerkilled.sqf" script will allow you to accomplish this, for now though...

Try using the "old" respawn system (markers named respawn_west, respawn_west_2 etc.)

So you probably have this all set up already but the description.ext needs to contain:

respawn = "BASE";

Place a marker named R1 on the base, where you want the respawn point to be once the base is captured.

Then place a trigger in your mission that is activated when the Base is captured, with an OnActivation field of:

createMarker [""respawn_west"", (getMarkerPos ""R1"")];

This will create a respawn point on R1, if this is the only respawn point units will always spawn on it from then on.

Hope it helps,

Ed

The wiki is down for me too, been using BISim wiki ever since.

Anyway, thanks for the help - I'll see what I can do. Appreciate your reply!

You can limit the players to a Wave respawn template coupled with tickets to force all of the players to spawn together. You may have to set the tickets to zero, and then track if all players have died in order to add respawn tickets for reset.

Once the base is captured, you can add a new respawn position with BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition at the base, which will open up the next respawn for them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk