laxemann

Align - Sight misalignment by LAxemann and Joko

LAxemann and Joko proudly present...
A L I G N

What is this?
Mainly, it's a mod for all the other enthusiasts out there. One thing that always bothered me was the way your character _instantly_ aligns the sights perfectly straight.

Also, when looking through your sights, it always felt really stiff because your sights will be perfectly lined up (except for the inertia when doing quick/large motions).

'Align' tries to give you the feeling of actually holding a gun by adding subtle motions when initially lining up your sights and after that while trying to keep them aligned.

The time it takes to align the the subtle mismatch mainly depends on how fatigued you are.

That being said, the mod is meant to add a more immersive feeling rather than making it

harder to aim. Your accuracy should hardly be affected.

Media?

Yup, I misspelled "Align" throughout the whole video :D

Download
Download (2.0)
Steam Workshop
Requirements
CBA A3

Changelog

2.0 - 11.04.2017
    Rewritten and improved by Joko
    Also: No more shaking when using binoculars/rangefinders etc

Renamed to Align

- No camShake when using UAV terminals

- The slight weapon movement after lining up can now be disabled via userconfig

1.0 - Initial Release

Enjoy! :)

• Like 11

Is this only with iron sights or (I'm not even sure if it's possible, but I've never worked hands-on with optics so I'm not too sure) do you want to eventually try simulating the movement of the red dot as you move your head?

The scripting might be the same but depending on how the red dot is placed on the model it might just be a fixed thing.

Laxemann, is it possible that you could make it a little bit more like in Bad Company 1? Here's the vid that showcases it https://youtu.be/ATNsEtJI65g?t=3m6s

Basically, what I mean is that the rear iron sight isn't static but actually slightly shakes (or maybe vibrates is a better word). It could be at all times, or maybe only under fatigue?

What do you think?

Hey LAxemann, thank you for another amazing immersion modification, a perfect fit for your fantastic Immerse bundle.

It's the little things that make a BIG difference.  :D  

• Like 1

Masterpiece.

Downloading ASAP, I want to see if it works with attachements. You can't have misaligned holosight, but I'd love to see that reticle moving like irl, not being centered perfectly always when aiming, and going to the side only when turning with your weapon up.

Would you allow ACE3 to integrate it, if they planned to?

edit:

getting 404 on dropbox :c thankfully it's already up on AH

edit 2:

did some testing, played with it

the initial effect looks really good, although the followup misalignment (when moving your mouse around) should be more pronounced in my opinion.

Edited by arkhir
  • Like 1

I was wondering if you would incorporate userconfig option. I have been enjoying your different enhancements, really makes a better experience for me.

One thing I was wondering is if it would be possible to adjust how the sight moves when you are resting weapon on something. Either with native or with something like vts, theres a lot of movement that maybe should not be there if prone and rested. Or an option for it anyway. It need not be a laser, just seems a bit much considering a trained soldier with a bipod etc would be pretty stable.

Thanks for the addons!

Looks so good with 3d scopes using parallax effect (MRCO, IanSky's SpecterDR). If you haven't checked it out yet, do so :D

I encountered an issue with l_align. Sometimes, after landing with a parachute or after disembarking from an ATV, the model of the player moves its arms all the way up and aims skywards, while the view remains centered. The only remedy for this is to respawn.

I encountered an issue with l_align. Sometimes, after landing with a parachute or after disembarking from an ATV, the model of the player moves its arms all the way up and aims skywards, while the view remains centered. The only remedy for this is to respawn.

I'm _veeeeery_ sure that this isn't due to Align. The mod doesn't do anything that could interfere with that :)

I'm _veeeeery_ sure that this isn't due to Align. The mod doesn't do anything that could interfere with that :)

It may be a compatibility - or rather an interference issue. But it only ever happens when l_align is enabled. I have to check if it happens with nothing but l_align.

#edit couldn't yet reproduce this behaviour with nothing but l_align. That shifts the question to which mod does interfere with this one? Maybe ace³?

ACE3 do the trick with parachute landing to prevent sliding. I checked this moment on github.

One thing I was wondering is if it would be possible to adjust how the sight moves when you are resting weapon on something. Either with native or with something like vts, theres a lot of movement that maybe should not be there if prone and rested. Or an option for it anyway. It need not be a laser, just seems a bit much considering a trained soldier with a bipod etc would be pretty stable.

Really, a lot of it is head movement and not hand/arm movement. So the weapon is steady but you still need to get your face down and your cheek onto the stock, which is where the sights become misaligned (how you see the sights from your eyes, not necessarily how you hold it.) So you'll still have to line up your sights when aiming down onto a bipod.

Me and a few other friends experienced this bug when disembarking vehicles while playing DCG occasionally. Sometimes you're pointing straight up, other times straight down. I use this addon, but the others who have also experienced this bug at least once was not running it. So I can't say this is a compatibility thing with this addon. If everyone I played with was running it and experienced it and then fixed it when not running it, I'd be more inclined to agree. I don't know exactly what causes it, but at least have a tiny bit of comfort knowing you're not the only one. ArmA is just one of those games, that no matter how well made addons are and compatible and everything is setup perfectly, it still likes to occasionally crap in its own hand and rub it in your face for the fun of it. 

ACE3 do the trick with parachute landing to prevent sliding. I checked this moment on github.

Yes, that's it. Unfortunately ACE³, or even vanilla, is the culprit here - and I can safely say that l_align isn't interfering here, since it happened without it as well. It just so happened that I have only encountered it after I loaded l_align, so my assumption was, that it would be the reason for this behaviour. But it isn't. This one's completely on ACE³.

Updated mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey laxemann , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hey, Laxemann, do you think it would be possible to force player to manually align ironsights somehow? This might have some really fun effects.