Sign in to follow this  
germanske_norge

Using the SPAA

What does locking on with the 35mm autocannons of the ZSU-39 Tigris actually do? I notice that the distance indicator changes from whatever meter it's set at to "AUTO", I was reading up on real life SPAA like the Tunguska 9K33M and I realized that the gun could "theoretically" be locked on to enemy aircraft too, which made sense since trying to shoot down a fast moving helicopter or low flying plane/jet at thousands of meters by mere eyeballing of the main gun wouldn't be effective, is this same sort of thing modeled in Arma 3 too? 

Sigh, now i have to give away a very valuable secret that my squad mastered. DX

Basically, when you lock a target, and your aim says, "AUTO", it now leaves you the ability to fire at a target without ranging up or down. Aim directly at your target and fire. This will allow you the ease of engagement of a target simply by aiming at it, and not having to account for a few tenths of meters.

Sigh, now i have to give away a very valuable secret that my squad mastered. DX

Basically, when you lock a target, and your aim says, "AUTO", it now leaves you the ability to fire at a target without ranging up or down. Aim directly at your target and fire. This will allow you the ease of engagement of a target simply by aiming at it, and not having to account for a few tenths of meters.

Thank you for that! Correlates with the real life system too nicely.