Sign in to follow this  
makhno

Problem with Map display

Hello,

I'm transfering my terrains from Visitor3 to terrainBuilder, and i've got a strange issue with the satmap rendering.

As you can see in this screenshot, there's a fairly broad strip of the wrong color at the end of the screen ( it's the outside terrain texture).

When you zoom in ( very close), this strip disappears, and the correct terrain image appears.

Also, when ingame over this part of the terrain, everything is ok, same when flying high over this part of the terrain.

I use exactly the same satmap as in Visitor3 where i didn't have this issue.

I have this issue with all the 5 maps i've ported to Terrain Builder.

defauttexture.jpg

Anyone got an idea ?

Hi,

I have the same prob :-(

Re-installed the tools and tried different mapframe settings .... always with the same result.

I've tried also the sample files from "The Atlas - A Guide to ArmA 3 Terrain Making", but no success ... as u can see down below.

pDgqcNX.jpg

Silola

What you're seeing here is the "fix" for the previous "Tartan Bug" which caused stripes like that over the entire map display with certain (most) terrain settings...

That issue was fixed, but now this "strip along the bottom" problem has appeared instead...

AFAIK is IS a reported and known issue, so I guess we just have to wait and see if/when BI address the problem.

B

Ok. Thanks for that info, bushlurker.

Silola

Had the same issue after update, but seem to have fixed the issue now as it is back to normal !

I removed my Sat_normal  deleted my layers folder re imported my Sat_Normal  and regenerated   - can now see the bottom and no line !

Hope it works for you all as well  :)

God-Father, which parameters did you use ( tile size, overlap...)?

I've tried regenerating the tiles yesterday, but still get the same result.

this effect depends on the parameters of the map (like makhno said).

but as usual with TB: Settings working for the one, can be not working for anyone else. :D

I am having this same issue with a terrain I am currently making. I see a few posts earlier God-Father fixed his issues by removing his sat_normal and layers folder, then re-imported the sat_normal and regenerated the layers. I've done this multiple times minus the part where you delete the layers folder. I plan to try this method as soon as I can fix another issue I am having related to texture conversion and will report back my success or failure. Is there any official information from BI regarding this issue and/or a future fix for it?

xalilFjl.jpg

UPDATE: I tried God-Father's method and it did not work for me unfortunately.

What you're seeing here is the "fix" for the previous "Tartan Bug" which caused stripes like that over the entire map display with certain (most) terrain settings...

That issue was fixed, but now this "strip along the bottom" problem has appeared instead...

AFAIK is IS a reported and known issue, so I guess we just have to wait and see if/when BI address the problem.

B

since half a year has passed by now I wonder whether BIS has made a step forward in getting this annoying issue fixed? 

since half a year has passed by now I wonder whether BIS has made a step forward in getting this annoying issue fixed? 

half Year?!

8 months has passed....i remember the Tartanfix on Dev Branch and the birth of this bug.

this error is so annoying :angry:

• Like 1

B

Yes they partially fixed it after I reported it after weeks and weeks of testing different mapframe settings, only to go from one extreme (really messed up tartan at every zoom level) to another - the current one (unzoomed tartan), I guess they did something to the engine with one of the latest updates for this issue to re-appear en-masse like this.

half Year?!

8 months has passed....i remember the Tartanfix on Dev Branch and the birth of this bug.

Correct, although it's probably more near 11/12 months since I reported the issue and only a minor fix was applied to the engines mip-mapping. (Some settings still suffered from the newer tartan the last time I checked all the test terrains I created anyways).

I don't expect much will be done about it to properly fix it - with incoming expansion and engine/shader updates this is probably low down on thier priority list.

There are issues on the now defunked feedback tracker stretching all the way back to Arma 3 Alpha that havent been tackled yet - hell dev-branch only just got weapon switching while moving, a feature that has been in FPS style games since the birth of the genre.

half Year?!

ah, sorry. I'd have been a little bit more precize. I was referring to Bush´s mentioning that he did half a year ago