autigergrad

[ALiVE, ACE3, COOP, SP] BRITISH STEEL

.eJwdykEOgyAQQNG7cACYGRDQyzQECdpoh8B01fT

You, as a British Royal Marine, are in charge of joining the effort of Her Majesty's forces in ridding the Sangin Region of Afghanistan of the Taliban scourge. Be on the lookout for Suicide Bombers, IEDs, and hit and run attacks by Taliban fighters in the region. This is a full insurgency mission that includes close air support and helo transport, dynamic reinforcements, and dynamic ambience effects such as Muslim Call to Prayer, sheep herders, and terrorists posing as civilians.

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510801855

(Mod list is on Steam page)

• Like 1

Yeahh it looks good. I like the opfor leights but with it is easy to modify. I check this with my clan and give you some feebback. Thanks!

I've added the drop box link for the full mission folder/pbo for anyone who wants to run this mission on a dedicated server.

I'd HIGHLY recommend getting an ALiVE War Room account as well...as the War Room will save all of your data/settings everytime you log out to go right back to your mission.  Very cool site as well.

On a side note....

-Insurgents are constantly recruiting the civilian population to their cause.  You can squash these actions by both a] destroying the buildings where they recruit, build IEDs, or store weapons and b] occupying towns/cities to prevent Taliban influence from rising.

-You'll want to search/question civilians as they may give you intel on the location of Taliban installations.

FYI,

Updated Dropbox contents with more Ambiance modules included.

Has this scenario been played as a singleplayer scenario by anyone? I'm just curious as to the functionality when not played online with human players. 

Hi there, sorry for the silly question, but how do we get our objectives exactly? Like is there any clear cut way? 

Hi there, sorry for the silly question, but how do we get our objectives exactly? Like is there any clear cut way?

Pretty sure they start after talking to civilians.

Has this scenario been played as a singleplayer scenario by anyone? I'm just curious as to the functionality when not played online with human players.

I've entered this scenario in SP (just to test out a few things) but I haven't actually done much alone. That said I fully intend to.

Bare in mind, this mission is VERY hard. But I'm also extremely green and 'new' to the series (around 100 hours and I still feel like I know little to nothing about how to properly survive in ARMA :) ).

As to the functionality, remember I don't think there's an end game (sort of like real war where you're there permanently to keep peace?). I haven't tested myself if the tasks appear in SP but I'd assume they do. Not sure if any of that helps.

Autigergrad would probably have to clarify but this I what I've gathered from playing it a few times and talking to him briefly about it. Anyway, it's a lot of fun. I'm not much of a multiplayer guy but I've really enjoyed this. I'd imagine if you were really good controlling the AI, it would be pretty fun in SP too.

Pretty sure they start after talking to civilians.

Using ACE? I could only give the go away / get down commands. 

Sorry, I haven't interrogated too many I'm just spitballing this from memory.

I'm pretty sure the way you interact with civilians is to search their inventory using vanilla controls. If they have weapons they're obviously Taliban in disguise so you either kill them or arrest them (you should have an option to arrest them in the vanilla mouse wheel interactions).

I've only played this a couple of times and then I have not been the team leader (picture me as the newbie that takes orders directly from the squad leader). So I could be way off base as to what causes the tasks to generate but I believe searching civilians is the way to do it. Sorry if I made it sound like there was a 'talk to' command. I don't believe there is. Just searching and arrest if I recall (Autigergrad would have to clarify).

There should also be red grid on your map (I think. We've played a couple different British Steel maps). I think that means it's possible enemy held territory. Clearing/searching the area should also make that section of the map not red (meaning you've secured it).

I'll ask him to check in on the thread the next time we talk. Just trying to help the little bit I can until he gets in here (to save me like he does on the mission :) ).

Sorry, I haven't interrogated too many I'm just spitballing this from memory.

I'm pretty sure the way you interact with civilians is to search their inventory using vanilla controls. If they have weapons they're obviously Taliban in disguise so you either kill them or arrest them (you should have an option to arrest them in the vanilla mouse wheel interactions).

I've only played this a couple of times and then I have not been the team leader (picture me as the newbie that takes orders directly from the squad leader). So I could be way off base as to what causes the tasks to generate but I believe searching civilians is the way to do it. Sorry if I made it sound like there was a 'talk to' command. I don't believe there is. Just searching and arrest if I recall (Autigergrad would have to clarify).

There should also be red grid on your map (I think. We've played a couple different British Steel maps). I think that means it's possible enemy held territory. Clearing/searching the area should also make that section of the map not red (meaning you've secured it).

I'll ask him to check in on the thread the next time we talk. Just trying to help the little bit I can until he gets in here (to save me like he does on the mission :) ).

No no I really appreciate it, and I will admit I didn't try scroll wheel because I'm used to it being the ACE key, thank you for helping! I'll try this out!

Yeah there are the red grids that show a rough idea of where enemies are.

I'm not sure I could arrest anyone as I usually can't get close enough :P 

Tasks are not autogenerated.  It's up to you and your unit to question the local populace, gather intel, and find the location of the Taliban strongholds.  Once you establish the location of Insurgent installations...IED factories, weapons caches, etc....you'll need to blow them up with explosives to hurt the Taliban war effort.  You'll want to talk to the civs.  Use the mousewheel to either Arrest/Search/Talk to/Gather Intel.  You'll get different options with different civs.

It's actually pretty awesome.  You can observe a town and notice that several Civs are going into a building...then suddenly...a guy with an AK 47 peeks out of the building...tipping you off that it may be a recruitment HQ.

Main things to remember are....

1. Patrol, Patrol, Patrol....go to each small village, town and talk to everyone.  Some will talk...some wont. But if you find a helpful Civ who will let you Gather Intel...it can pay off in a big way. 

2. Be on guard always.  IEDs are everywhere.  Suicide bombers can be around any corner, and a passing truck or van could have Taliban fighters pop out for a hit and run attack on your troops!

3. Once you locate an installation, get some things that go "Boom!" and blow it sky high!

Big update to the mission tonight.

-Updated mission to the latest ALiVE Version

-Added a brand new Civilian Interaction script courtesy of Spyderblack that is very immersive when speaking with locals about insurgent activity

-Added Burnes outstanding Foxhound to the British Forces arsenal

-Improved Ambiance such as Civilian traffic, animal herds, and terrorist hit and run attacks

Hope you enjoy!

Big update to the mission tonight.

-Updated mission to the latest ALiVE Version

-Added a brand new Civilian Interaction script courtesy of Spyderblack that is very immersive when speaking with locals about insurgent activity

-Added Burnes outstanding Foxhound to the British Forces arsenal

-Improved Ambiance such as Civilian traffic, animal herds, and terrorist hit and run attacks

Hope you enjoy!

Is there an download beside the Steamworkshop?

Is there an download beside the Steamworkshop?

The entire mission is in drop box link in the first post as well.

Not sure if anyone's still playing this but I was wondering how the performance is for those that still are. I'm running four other ALiVE missions where I average between 40-55 FPS, with very occasional dips to around 30 FPS. With this one, I'm generally topping out around 25 FPS, with an average around 18 FPS.

I think something is wrong with my setup.

I decided to add Burnes' Bikey to Burnes Foxhound Armored Vehicles' "Keys" folder. Perhaps this is why (though I doubt it because I have no issues with this setup on a different mission that uses the mod)? Also, though probably not the reason because I'm running AiA, but is it possible I need ARMA 2 per Sangin's requirements?

I've even rearranged my mod order, placing CBA first, then AiA/Sangin/Units/other stuff/ACE/ALiVE with very little change.

Anyway, I love this mission and this map. Figured it was worth a shot seeing if anyone had any ideas. I'm using the Dropbox link and hosting it with TADST.

Mission Update:

-added latest version of Spyder Addons to mission

-added Apache Helicopters to the British Forces

-added Rearming station and Helo Spawner for Apaches and Wildcats

-made tweaks to improve performance for lower end machines

-transitioned mission assets to CUP Terrains and away from AllinArma

Hope you like it.  My other missions will also be updated with the same treatment shortly.

UPDATED 3/23/2016: Some substantial changes/improvements to the mission. New features added include: 

-Multiple FOBs with Virtual Arsenals, Vehicle Spawners, Troop Spawners 

-Multi-Respawn menu upon death 

-Built in Persistence for players who have ALiVE War Room accounts 

-Built in Headless Client Support. As long as your Headless Client is set up correctly, should automatically connect to the mission server. 

-Added VCOM AI Driving script: No mod needed, much improved Driving ability by the AI 

-Added my personal Sound pack....ambient authentic crowd chatter, Afghan news broadcasts, music, BBC news broadcasts, Insurgent propoganda, and more. 

-Added one mod dependency (ARP2 Objects) to allow for more realistic and fleshed out bases/hideouts/installations. 

• Like 1

I am having difficulty with loading civiians in this map.  Myself and a few friends had a lan last week on this mission and there were no civilians at all.  I think its a problem with the alive module as I am having the same issue when trying to create a mission, but I can't find anything online about it this particular problem. 

Anyone run into this before?

I am having difficulty with loading civiians in this map. Myself and a few friends had a lan last week on this mission and there were no civilians at all. I think its a problem with the alive module as I am having the same issue when trying to create a mission, but I can't find anything online about it this particular problem.

Anyone run into this before?

Hmm. Well civilians should work in this mission and they definitely do work on existing missions after yesterday's ALiVE update.

Civilians are handled by the civilian placement module. I find to populate a map well, you need more than one module placed. I personally use 2-3 in my missions.

One civilian population module also needs to be placed, and if using an Assymetric commander, a role also needs to be defined.

Hello.

When i try to play this Mission with AiA, it says i am missing some CUP pbo`s !?

I also downloaded CAF_Agressors from Armaholic  but its Weapons have no soundeffects!

Am i doing something wrong?

Some help would be nice.

Thank you.

Hello.

When i try to play this Mission with AiA, it says i am missing some CUP pbo`s !?

I also downloaded CAF_Agressors from Armaholic but its Weapons have no soundeffects!

Am i doing something wrong?

Some help would be nice.

Thank you.

On the same page on Armaholic for the CAF Aggressors mod, you'll see a link to a sound hotfix. Definitely get that.

I haven't played this specific download but I have played it with AuTigerGrad on his server and it loads fine with AiA. He actually plays it with AiA the last I checked and I'd be surprised if he saved the PBO with CUP enabled but that's definitely possible. If so I don't think it would work with AiA (as far as I can tell, AiA missions load on CUP but the other way around has problems).

There is a workaround you can try. If you de-PBO the mission, place the files in a folder called "British_Steel.hellskitchen". Place that in your MyDocuments/Arma3/missions folder.

Now, assuming the mission.sqm is written in the old format, you'd open the mission.sqm in notepad and delete everything in the two addons[]= and addonsauto [] = sections leaving just the { and }; for both.

Example:

addons[]=

{

};

Will be how the top section looks after you delete everything inside. Do the same in the addonsauto[]= section.

If you load the mission with AiA enabled, you can then open the mission in the editor. Place a unit, delete it, and click save. Then re-pack it up into a PBO.

If he saved it using the new method, you need to open the mission in the editor with CUP, change the way it saves the mission.sqm, then start the steps I listed.

On the same page on Armaholic for the CAF Aggressors mod, you'll see a link to a sound hotfix. Definitely get that.

I haven't played this specific download but I have played it with AuTigerGrad on his server and it loads fine with AiA. He actually plays it with AiA the last I checked and I'd be surprised if he saved the PBO with CUP enabled but that's definitely possible. If so I don't think it would work with AiA (as far as I can tell, AiA missions load on CUP but the other way around has problems).

There is a workaround you can try. If you de-PBO the mission, place the files in a folder called "British_Steel.hellskitchen". Place that in your MyDocuments/Arma3/missions folder.

Now, assuming the mission.sqm is written in the old format, you'd open the mission.sqm in notepad and delete everything in the two addons[]= and addonsauto [] = sections leaving just the { and }; for both.

Example:

addons[]=

{

};

Will be how the top section looks after you delete everything inside. Do the same in the addonsauto[]= section.

If you load the mission with AiA enabled, you can then open the mission in the editor. Place a unit, delete it, and click save. Then re-pack it up into a PBO.

If he saved it using the new method, you need to open the mission in the editor with CUP, change the way it saves the mission.sqm, then start the steps I listed.

Thank`s for your very detailed response dude

I will try that!

Thanks again

Thank`s for your very detailed response dude

I will try that!

Thanks again

Not necessary now. I spoke to him about it and he changed the root dependency back to AiA. Now it should be easier to use either map pack. :)

Enjoy. It's a hell of a mission.

Hell yes!! :lol:

Thanks to you and AuTigerGrad!! :wub:

• Like 1