Sign in to follow this  
hamhugger

Has arma increased its minimum paging file?

I just started playing arma again after at least a 6 month break or so. Every hour or two my game will crash and give me a "memory cant be written to" error or something along those lines. I cant recall exactly what I have my paging file set to and Im not on my gaming desktop at the moment to check but I know I have it set pretty low. About as low as it can get without causing issues with games. In the past Ive had memory issues with games that require a very high minimum paging file to run properly. I havent bothered to do any troubleshooting aside from verifying arma and restarting my computer 3 times but I thought Id ask to see if anyone knew if they have.

Was the same for me when I had a 4 gig Pagefile. I now use 8 gigs instead. Crashes seemed to go away.

Arma wasn't using the whole 4 gig according to my monitoring program but still it crashed.

8 gigs of RAM just doesn't seem to be enough for Client + Server. Throw in the HC client and I'm stuttering all over the place cause it's swapping all the time from pagefile.