Sign in to follow this  
lxets

Texview2 stuff

So im trying to convert a vehicle texture from jpeg to paa. The original jpeg file is only around 400kb however when opening the file in texview the file becomes 2mb by default, so when I save it as paa its still bigger than the original jpeg file. Am I missing something here or is there no way to convert a jpeg to a smaller paa?

Thanks.

.paa is basically a .dds texture as far as i can tell, and yes it's bigger because it's higher quality and has mipmaps (not that the higher quality would give you any benefit when you use a jpg as source :rolleyes: )

.paa is basically a .dds texture as far as i can tell, and yes it's bigger because it's higher quality and has mipmaps (not that the higher quality would give you any benefit when you use a jpg as source :rolleyes: )

paa is similar to dds indeed, and has better compression (or in fact worse, but better for quality sake) than jpg does. Of course using a compressed jpg as source and converting to tga, paa, png or tiff won't make a difference, but will surely make it bigger.