vZS2VuG.jpg

Hello.

I'm sharing two small addons I made for my community.

It is config based and the purpose is simply to add new factions using assets from vanilla and other mods in order two expand mission making possibilities.

There is also a few unique textures.

General Dependencies :

Content and Features :

CPC_Factions_CUP :

Three african factions :
- GFD : regular army
- NPFD : guerilla forces
- Pirates
Two south-american factions :
- Ejercito : regular army
- Picaros : guerilla forces
Three Vietnam war factions :
- US forces
- Viet Cong
- Civilians
https://imgur.com/a/YFL9Z0b

CPC_Factions_RHS :

Three Middle-East factions :
- Kamistan : eastern style regular army
- République du Damuz : western style regular army
- Desert Rebels : guerilla forces
Two south-east Asia factions :
- Asian army : regular army
- Asian guerilla : guerilla forces
And a few winter retextures

https://imgur.com/a/e80HW6r

Known issues :

Your turn.

Download :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1618569559

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1618577270

Credits :

Configs : Sparfell, Woami and @1212PDMCDMPPM

Textures : Woami and Sparfell

Logo : Weldrid

Model and textures : CUP and RHS

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A very useful addition, thanks for sharing  :)

EDIT....I think there's an issue with the dropbox link, once downloaded there's nothing in the zip file....can anyone else confirm please.

A very useful addition, thanks for sharing  :)

EDIT....I think there's an issue with the dropbox link, once downloaded there's nothing in the zip file....can anyone else confirm please.

Hi !

No problem for the download link on my side, please try again. (the addon is very small, 80 ko uncompressed)

Edit :

MEGA link :

https://mega.nz/#!CsICQRSA!UMvwgynyE9VJ_68Ugie1hphxC1Cfs9nYjraoZJe3e-A

Could I make a request? Please don't add RHS as a dependency, currently almost every faction mod requires RHS and it means that if I want some decent insurgents I have to also download two mods at 1.74 gb and 1.86 gb respectively, which isn't much of a problem if you only play single player, but if you're planning a unit 3.60 GB worth of dependencies for one mod is kind of frustrating.

• Like 1

I'd prefer it if RHS was never added as a required dependency to this mod, so I agree with War_lord.

Could I make a request? Please don't add RHS as a dependency, currently almost every faction mod requires RHS and it means that if I want some decent insurgents I have to also download two mods at 1.74 gb and 1.86 gb respectively, which isn't much of a problem if you only play single player, but if you're planning a unit 3.60 GB worth of dependencies for one mod is kind of frustrating.

I'd prefer it if RHS was never added as a required dependency to this mod, so I agree with War_lord.

I hear both of you you but I can't promise anything right know. A possibility could be to propose optional RHS replacement configs.

What is sure :

- It will never use any RHS vehicles.

- I will very probably add CUP vehicles as a dependency when first stable is out (and this will be heavy too).

- CUP Units will continue to grow (so it will be heavier in the futur).

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Many, Thanks.

Just one thing : I did not add ASDG JR as a dependency as it is now integrated in CBA since 2.0 and I think CUP switched to CBA as the only dependency.

Of course, you are correct. I forgot about that. Pages have been updated.

Cool ! Thanks. :)

Hi Sparfell,

with the Cup units update, is this mod still an option ?

Hi Sparfell,

with the Cup units update, is this mod still an option ?

Hi Kendar, sorry for the very late reponse. You can use the 1.1 version below in order to play with lastest CUP update.

I will probably make another update by the end of december for the next CUP update, and a few other things.

Update 1.1

Download :

MEGA

Changelog :

- Compatibility with lastest CUP update.

Updated mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey sparfell_19 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Would it be a good idea for you to contribute and work with cup to get the unit pack placeholders finished rather than giving yourself extra work to update/remove stuff every time cup updates?

Don't get me wrong, I love that there is finally a western insurgents pack to use with cup while we wait on updates from them :)

Would it be a good idea for you to contribute and work with cup to get the unit pack placeholders finished rather than giving yourself extra work to update/remove stuff every time cup updates?

Don't get me wrong, I love that there is finally a western insurgents pack to use with cup while we wait on updates from them :)

Hi, I'm already contributing a bit to CUP but not in the Units departement. Next CUP update is getting closer and it will feature takistani insurgents. Then I'll update this addon. ;)

Sweet,

Yeah I knew cup was almost done with their insurgents that's why I mentioned it :)

So what kind of updates will these guys get? Will they be a good addition to use along side cups insurgents or will they change to a different faction?

Sweet,

Yeah I knew cup was almost done with their insurgents that's why I mentioned it :)

So what kind of updates will these guys get? Will they be a good addition to use along side cups insurgents or will they change to a different faction?

They share the same classnames so they will simpy be replaced by CUP ones. My modifications will be removed for the most part but missions created with CPC factions shouldn't be broken.

Update 1.2 :

The main focus of this update is adaptation for lastest CUP update. The big thing is the following : I removed the changes done to CUP takistani locals since they are now ported by CUP. As a consequence, this mod doesn't contain any factions at the time I'm writing this. You can find changelogs, download link and content list in the open post.

Note that you can now remove every single PBO according to your needs except for CPC_Factions_Main . Dependencies for each PBO are exposed below.

If you think you don't need CPC_Factions at this point, no problem, you can remove it safely from you set of addons (it will not break your missions).

CPC_Factions_Main :

This is the Core PBO, needed for all other PBO.

CPC_Factions_Assets :

Dependencies : CUP Weapons, CUP Units

Provide addtional variants for a CUP chest rig (Pictures). Note that these variants will most probably be included in the next CUP update. So you could simply be patient and wait for that update.

CPC_Factions_CUP_Patch :

More possible faces for CUP takistani locals units.

CPC_Factions_CUP_ASRAI_Patch :

ASRAI compatibility for CUP Units

CPC_Factions_CrossAddonPatch :

Dependencies : CUP Weapons, CUP Units, RHS AFRF

Attributes RHS PSO modelOptics to CUP PSO-1 (for PSO lovers).

• Like 1

Hey Sparfell, I was wondering if you would be willing to take on some ideas for factions?

I have two that I have made

Red Cell (INDFOR and OPFOR)

http://postimg.org/gallery/1of5cquvi/c719e270/

For Vehicles, they use Pickups, BMP2s, T72s, Hinds and HiP Helicopters

They also use Irregulars:

http://postimg.org/gallery/fpu2v7de/a7c2844a/

Al Sadr Militia (INDFOR and OPFOR)

http://postimg.org/gallery/3avsd4n2s/242ef0dd/

For Vehicles, they use Pickups, BMP2s, T72s, Hinds and HiP Helicopters (Takistani Military ones)

• Like 1