Sign in to follow this  
germanske_norge

Play with six

When you are done being frustrated, maybe you should post an actual question and information. If you want help that is.

Playwithsix while at times unstable, it's worst crime is crashing and hanging. And while it can be frustrating it is a very helpful program.

If you are stuck in loading screen it is likely that you have a bad mod.

When you are done being frustrated, maybe you should post an actual question and information. If you want help that is.

Playwithsix while at times unstable, it's worst crime is crashing and hanging. And while it can be frustrating it is a very helpful program.

If you are stuck in loading screen it is likely that you have a bad mod.

It is a very helpful program, when it works, however it unfortunately does not work for me more than it does. Either way it's not a bad mod that's the problem, as I've run these same collections of mods before my complete reinstall (due to other errors ironically). No matter what collection I launch, the game will simply hang at the screen with a greenish blueish background with Arma 3 in the middle, if I leave it for long enough the program will then crash. 

Curiously enough, there's a PlayWithSix dedicated topic.

Of which I posted there as well. 

Figured out the problem, I had all in arma conversion on both of my collections, seems that the specific mod is pointless now 

Well, how about simply using PWS to download and update your mod collections, and then simply launch ArmA with a desktop shortcut/bat file that runs all of your mods?

e.g.

"C:FULL_PATH_TO_STEAMS_ARMA_DIRECTORY\arma3.exe" -mod=@Mod1;@Mod2;@etc -nosplash

Updating mods is all I use PWS for, I've never used it to actually launch ArmA itself and have had very few issues in using it this way.

Hi All,

I have been using PlayWithSIx - the mod manager for over 18 months with very few issues.

I have been using PWS to start ARMA 3 and to manage the mods, including choosing versions and downloads.

However PWS has stopped working on New Year's Eve 2017 and is still not loading.

Have their servers gone down?
Does anyone know what has happened to it?

Incidentally, their website has not been working for me for months.

Thanks,

Greetings and a happy new year, 

Regarding your issues, 

We currently have no reports that our legacy client PwS is not working. Even though we are no longer actively developing on this client, it should work just fine. To understand more what is going, please share your logs with us, you can find them in Menu/Settings/Diagnostics/save logs

Our website should work just fine, http://withsix.com/ is up and running. Please check if you have any NoScript plugins or other settings that are blocking the connection. Also What browser are you using ?

For a better and smoother experience, I recommend to use the new Sync client. This one is build from scratch and is not only much faster, but also has many new features :)

To learn more about the new WithSIX.com, I recomment to watch this: 

You can now also directly join servers via our new Server Browser and soon even host your own servers.

Let me know if you need any further help :)

Hello and Season's Greetings,

Thanks Sonsalt for your rapid reply to my query.

I will investigate this further with a computer technician and will let you know how it goes.

Just a secondary question.

Will PWS continue to update mods when they are updated by the fantastic modder community?

Regards, 

Hi All,

I uninstalled Play withSix and reinstalled it and it started working again, YAY! I could even create new collections and manage my mods.

However, I have just updated the Play withSix program since I received a notification that a new version was available.

And now the Play withSix program just hangs on the "6 symbol" loading screen.

I will try uninstalling the program again. It seems the latest version is not working (for me at least).

And before you say it, yes I do have  the sync withSix updater. It currently crashes on startup.

Cheers,