Hello,

I've been trying to do if and else but the script is probably wrong.

Please someone can help me and tell what's wrong?

waituntil {!(IsNull (findDisplay 46))
_keyDown = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler 
[
	"KeyDown", 
	"
		if (_this select 1 == 199) then 
		{
			if (typeOf player isEqualTo 'B_RangeMaster_F') then
			{
				_open = player execVM 'dialogs\open_tablet_dialog.sqf';
			} 
			else 
			{
				_open = player execVM 'dialogs\open_teleport_dialog.sqf';
			};
		};
	"
];

You're missing a bracket and a semicolon at the end of the first line.

You're missing a bracket and a semicolon at the end of the first line.

first things first, thank you for the answer.

I've did what you said about the first line, and it become like this:

waituntil {!(IsNull (findDisplay 46))};

But the code's still not working. :/

waituntil {!(IsNull (findDisplay 46));
["KeyDown", 
	{
		{
			if (typeOf player == "B_RangeMaster_F") then
			{
				_open = player execVM "dialogs\open_tablet_dialog.sqf";
			} 
			else 
			{
				_open = player execVM "dialogs\open_teleport_dialog.sqf";
			};
		};
	};
];
You seriously need to look at my introduction at the very top of this section. -_-

Rule of thumb, "" is used to define a script path, whereas {} is used for raw code to be put in.

Also, if it still doesn't work, change "_this select 1" to "_this select 0". (I am unsure as I am not on PC right now, but that code I fixed up will work indefinitely)

["KeyDown", 
	{
		{
			{
			} 
			else 
			{
			};
		};
	};
];
You seriously need to look at my introduction at the very top of this section. -_-

Rule of thumb, "" is used to define a script path, whereas {} is used for raw code to be put in.

Also, if it still doesn't work, change "_this select 1" to "_this select 0". (I am unsure as I am not on PC right now, but that code I fixed up will work indefinitely)

" " work just as good as { }, sure { } are easier to work with, but something else isn't working here, and changing _this select 1 would break it further. What do your two scripts look like?

• Like 1

not working.

I'll never understand how people think saying this and providing literally no details will get them a solution faster.

This works 100% perfectly fine for me:

waituntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
[
	"KeyDown", 
	"
		systemChat str _this;
		{
			if ((typeOf player) isEqualTo 'B_RangeMaster_F') then
			{
			} 
			else 
			{
			};
		};
	"
];

I don't think there's an issue here. Also, -showScriptErrors

@Ranwer you're not wrong, but originally displayAddEventHandler did not work if using a code variable type (in fact, in OFP that data type didn't even exist), you could only input a code string. That code will work just fine when using quotation marks, as long as one keeps in their mind the rules of nesting quotation marks in sqf. Frankly, I find it appalling that you can write something so condescending without even taking that bit of history into account.

Also, when working with UI event handlers (_this select 0) will always return the display or the control. As somebody working on such a dialog-heavy mod you should've known that

@Ranwer you're not wrong, but originally displayAddEventHandler did not work if using a code variable type (in fact, in OFP that data type didn't even exist), you could only input a code string. That code will work just fine when using quotation marks, as long as one keeps in their mind the rules of nesting quotation marks in sqf. Frankly, I find it appalling that you can write something so condescending without even taking that bit of history into account.

Also, when working with UI event handlers (_this select 0) will always return the display or the control. As somebody working on such a dialog-heavy mod you should've known that

Hi,

Yeah, sorry if I hadn't provided that type of information, OFP wasn't my first game but Arma 2. I also did not know that you could use string as code (No wonder RscPicture's text can be used to change the colour or even define a custom ".paa" file). But again, I didn't know this could be possible as there wasn't much information on the biki at that time.

With regards to "_this select 0", I was well aware about that but I had work to do. So I wasn't able to verify my answer at the time of replying.

["KeyDown", 
	{
		{
			{
			} 
			else 
			{
			};
		};
	};
];

" " work just as good as { }, sure { } are easier to work with, but something else isn't working here, and changing _this select 1 would break it further. What do your two scripts look like?

I'll never understand how people think saying this and providing literally no details will get them a solution faster.

This works 100% perfectly fine for me:

waituntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
[
	"KeyDown", 
	"
		systemChat str _this;
		{
			if ((typeOf player) isEqualTo 'B_RangeMaster_F') then
			{
			} 
			else 
			{
			};
		};
	"
];

I don't think there's an issue here. Also, -showScriptErrors

Thank you all for the answer, you've been very helpful!

Just one last thing, I want to make the condition - if B_RangeMaster_F or B_medic_F press the button then it will run one dialog but if not it will run other dialog.

I tried to do this like this:

if ((typeOf player) isEqualTo 'B_RangeMaster_F' || 'B_medic_F') then

I believe that is the reason of the script that didn't work.

if ((typeOf player) in ['B_RangeMaster_F' , 'B_medic_F'] then

or

if ((typeOf player) isEqualTo 'B_RangeMaster_F' || (typeOf player) isEqualTo 'B_medic_F') then

if ((typeOf player) in ['B_RangeMaster_F' , 'B_medic_F'] then

or

if ((typeOf player) isEqualTo 'B_RangeMaster_F' || (typeOf player) isEqualTo 'B_medic_F') then

Thank you! ^_^

You all have been very helpful, thank you!