Sign in to follow this  
zukov

linux ports

there is some informations? video? image?

BI will use Vulkan api?

There's none and there'll be no ports whatsoever. Too much work for too little gain. Over and out.

There's none and there'll be no ports whatsoever. Too much work for too little gain. Over and out.

so, why BI has opened a specific section on forum?

• Like 1

Official word is that they had an external team looking into the feasibility of non-native (wrapper) ports -- emphasis on external, so that the internal team could be all-hands-on-deck for the Expansion.

Official Linux and Mac ports confirmed in SITREP #01200 by dna

We can finally share news about the experimental client ports to Linux and Mac. They are being prepared for public beta release very soon (shortly after update 1.50). We consider them a complementary service to owners of the primary Windows version, so anyone owning that version, will also have access to the ports. It should be pointed out that there are some significant limitations, which we'll detail along with the start of the beta. There is also a possibility that these ports will never graduate from beta, but we will be evaluating their popularity and usability for some time. Keep an eye on our information channels to be notified about the beta starting!

this is welcome news, thank you :D

will it "install" via steam or do you have to have it installed in a windows partition already ?

arma is kinda the only thing that i miss in linux but i ain't going back to windows for arma.

this is welcome news, thank you :D

will it "install" via steam or do you have to have it installed in a windows partition already ?

arma is kinda the only thing that i miss in linux but i ain't going back to windows for arma.

It's in your Linux/SteamOS library if you own a game license on Steam.