DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

7 hours ago, Roddis said:

The PRONE To CRUNCH issue seems come back. It was resolved some time ago but now it seems partially come back. 

To reproduce, from prone position, not aiming: 

- While you rotate the mouse left or right, press D or S then release it. The character crunch.

The W and A seems not have the issue. 

Can confirm. Strangely it stopped happening after the first 4 times in a row I managed to reproduce it. To reiterate, go into prone then gradually move the mouse left or right and hold S or D until your character gets up into the crouch position on their own. Haven't tested A or W.

There's also an issue I found a while ago in dev build but thought it was one of my mods doing it until recently.

In the Eden editor, certain items' attributes screens have broken dropdown menus that refuse to open. One example is the ModuleCurator_F module's "Default addons" dropdown. I'd been having this problem in my mods' modules; I've found that a single module can contain both broken and working dropdown menus.

Steps to reproduce:

Open Eden editor on any map.
Place ModuleCurator_F

right click ModuleCurator_F and click "attributes..."

click the "default addons" dropdown.

You receive audio feedback but the dropdown does not open.

It appears that the dedicated server still kicks people for "steam authentication failed" unless there's a steam client running on the box. This was already reported in dev branch and it was said it would be fixed by now.

Hey guys!

How is the RC going for crashes and the 3 FPS bug? Any better than main branch?

Spoiler

_Dynamic Loadout_

missing explosion sound for MG pods

impossible to select weapons in loadout selection drop-down that are out of config window borders (possible with arrow keys)

On 2017-02-18 at 3:14 AM, pabloelkillo said:

Hey guys!

How is the RC going for crashes and the 3 FPS bug? Any better than main branch?

I've been experiencing some crashes but someone said that issue has been fixed recently; I've yet to test myself. Should definitely be ironed out before stable release. The 64-bit build has a lot more stable performance. Anyone with lots of RAM who's been experiencing stuttering issues should benefit greatly. I'm not sure about the 3FPS bug as I haven't experienced it myself at all. To my understanding though it's caused by the 32-bit build running out of memory; I could definitely be wrong though as it wasn't mentioned much in any discussions I've been a part of.

Hi guys, did you already know that SLI doesn't work with RC 64bit ? Is enabled but just one card is working as you can see from GPU usage:

20170219145004_1.jpg

My system: 

Nvidia drivers 378.72
Windows10 x64, Asus Rog Maximus IX Apex, i7 7700k, 2x GTX 1080, 32Gb G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GVK 14-14-14-34-2N , AOC AGON AG271QG 165Hz

1 hour ago, Alberello said:

Hi guys, did you already know that SLI doesn't work with RC 64bit ? Is enabled but just one card is working as you can see from GPU usage:

My system: 

Nvidia drivers 378.72
Windows10 x64, Asus Rog Maximus IX Apex, i7 7700k, 2x GTX 1080, 32Gb G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GVK 14-14-14-34-2N , AOC AGON AG271QG 165Hz

Does it work in 32-bit RC? Or only stable?

more likely the driver isn't detecting the 64-bit because it's different name than usual 32-bit executable

might need manually create / set the profile 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwarden said:

more likely the driver isn't detecting the 64-bit because it's different name than usual 32-bit executable

Completely forgot about that. Someone else had that problem too.

I can confirm from looking at Nvidia Inspector that there's no profile for the 64-bit Arma.

1 hour ago, dwarden said:

Thanks Dwarden, do you know hoy to make that a new profile use the same configuration of the existing Arma3? Do I need to install/use Nvidia Inspector?

11 minutes ago, Alberello said:

Thanks Dwarden, do you know hoy to make that a new profile use the same configuration of the existing Arma3? Do I need to install/use Nvidia Inspector?

To my knowledge you will need to use Nvidia Inspector.

Here's the simple steps to add a program to a profile:
wfI49rq.png

I strongly advise being cautious not to accidentally click anything by mistake. Already messed up a profile myself when I accidentally clicked the reset to default button on a profile I'd customized and it didn't even ask me for confirmation. If you do accidentally mess up your profiles reinstalling your driver with the "clean install" check box ticked should reset all the profiles to default in both Inspector and the NV control panel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drift_91 said:

To my knowledge you will need to use Nvidia Inspector.

Here's the simple steps to add a program to a profile:
wfI49rq.png

I strongly advise being cautious not to accidentally click anything by mistake. Already messed up a profile myself when I accidentally clicked the reset to default button on a profile I'd customized and it didn't even ask me for confirmation. If you do accidentally mess up your profiles reinstalling your driver with the "clean install" check box ticked should reset all the profiles to default in both Inspector and the NV control panel.

FIXED!

Download link for Inspector: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-profile-inspector-download.html

20170219213950_1.jpg

• Like 1

I am unable to find any server that support the 64bit RC, do you have a list?

20170219222954_1.jpg

10 minutes ago, Alberello said:

I am unable to find any server that support the 64bit RC, do you have a list?

These are all at the top for me when I sort by ping:
IsZXgix.png

The only ones with players on them right now are passworded. If you have friends who are using RC get them together and play on one of the [ OFFICIAL ] servers which I'm pretty sure are hosted by BI.

• Like 1

In the last two days I tried to test the Arma 3 64bit RC , unfortunately the 4 official server with this version are always empty... so I get bored to random run in the maps and I finally uninstalled and put back the actual 32 bit version.
Maybe BI should find any kind of method to notify a bigger number of user of the availability of this RC 64bit to make them curious to test it?

Can you made some kind of pop-up in "Arma 3 Launcher" to notify users? 

Not everyone check the forum periodically...

arma3_64.jpg

Edited by Alberello
add image

3 hours ago, Alberello said:

In the last two days I tried to test the Arma 3 64bit RC , unfortunately the 4 official server with this version are always empty... so I get bored to random run in the maps and I finally uninstalled and put back the actual 32 bit version.
Maybe BI should find any kind of method to notify a bigger number of user of the availability of this RC 64bit to make them curious to test it?

Can you made some kind of pop-up in "Arma 3 Launcher" to notify users? 

Not everyone check the forum periodically...

arma3_64.jpg

It's not really necessary to broadcast it, as that's why you have Dev Branch, and until the 64 bit is stable there, people are reluctant to switch to what's basically another testing series with Release Candidate, so they'll wait till it is final in the release version, personally I lose FPS with it, whilst it feels smoother, it's come at a cost, so I'll stick to 32 bit where I've never had any issues. 

the RC isn't all about the 64 bit, there's lots of other "fixes" in there too. As other have pointed out in the 64 bit thread, they don't believe it's ready for the next Stable release, but the devs will have the final say anyway.

• Like 1

the test servers need game modes/missions that also work with few players/just one to get things started

Is the RC compatible with saves from SP campaign made with 1.66?

At what Dev Build version the Release Candidate version is updated to? 

And where can I find this piece of information, without obviously download RC?

44 minutes ago, Roddis said:

RC 1.68

2 hours ago, Roddis said:

You can find this info in this thread

Thanks Alberello and domokun for the replies but yes obviously I know what the RC release is. 

The RC builds I can imagine is based on a given Dev-branch release that is considered quite stable to go to public test.

In the meantime the dev branch go on and so on.

Now, at today we are on 140539 rev. in dev branch. 

On what Dev-branch rev the RC is based on?