DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

I'm having a problem, where on the slots screen, the scrollbar keeps scrolling back up. So I can't select a slot that requires you to scroll down to.

Seems to be happening on some other menus, too.

This annoyance has been around a long time, perhaps since 3den was introduced.  When using Small interface size, in the Effects section of the Trigger dialog, the pop-up menus having lots of items (e.g. Music) require down-arrow keys followed by a click on the pop-up menu list selector (small down arrow icon) to select an item.  Items cannot be selected with mouse click.  With other interface sizes (I only tested Very Small and Normal), the issue does not occur and items in drop-down lists can be selected with mouse click. 

Small interface size is the only size that is feasible for me with a 1920 x 1200 screen.  Others are way too small or large.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123429

Edit:  issue fixed in Dev branch, and in next RC update.   :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, D-man9000 said:

I'm having a problem, where on the slots screen, the scrollbar keeps scrolling back up. So I can't select a slot that requires you to scroll down to.

Happened to me when I tried selecting a mission in the Apex campaign. Could not select anything but the one on the top, mission 1.

43 minutes ago, D-man9000 said:

Also having this issue, We have 60+ players twice weekly bu unfortunately i can't fix that slot screen! Changing Interface size didn't help. 

Apparently they ask for RC bugs to be reported on feedback tracker. Perhaps you guys seeing issues (such as the launcher problem) can report them over there?

• Like 1

Hopefully devs are reading this (!), and they'll save us the trouble. :-)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Apparently they ask for RC bugs to be reported on feedback tracker. Perhaps you guys seeing issues (such as the launcher problem) can report them over there?

Will do that now. If they push this public lots of people will be very upset.

2 hours ago, ElPablo said:

1.69.140280 working yesterday... broken today. Hang's on loading screen joining a MP server. Hosting a MP game has no selectable roles. In the loading screen while waiting to join a MP server the audio crackle can be herded along with the ambient life. Also, on another test the audio of the ambient life was stuttering on and of with an ambient life noise at about 1 second intervals. Single player was ok on a short game test.

edit;- Tried hosting on the internet - 01 Keystone mission, it hangs the same. pressed ESC key. The 02 Warm Welcome mission load image is then displayed. This continues to hang, press ESC and repeat until 07 End Game and a final ESC key quits back to mission select of the hosting menu. Hope this helps. I can't test MP with this code its broken. SP only unless steam and net code are the issue. Had the same results with "No Sound", selected in the launcher parameters.

edit2:- steam authentication ticket failed message displayed and roles now selectable, but this may have dropped back to LAN not internet hosting

1.69.140343 updated problems no longer present, testing continues. Be good for a long term DEV test server to help compare PERF, regression and new features.

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

To be fair, I haven't been able to log into their bug tracker. So I posted here, hoping that someone like you would get others to post it in the bug tracker ;-)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

thanks for the reporting. UI issues and mortar single shot bug should be fixed in last RC update. Sorry for troubles. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, astaroth said:

Hi guys,

thanks for the reporting. UI issues and mortar single shot bug should be fixed in last RC update. Sorry for troubles. 

Thanks for the quick fix!

21 hours ago, Brisse said:

Dolby Headphone virtual surround, but I can't imagine that being related to the issue. The game just sees 8 channels, regardless of method and the recording software captures the sound before it's passed through the virtual surround processing so the effect is not present in the video.

I'll try running just raw stereo sound, and I will also try 32-bit executable and try to narrow things down. BRB!

Edit: Issue NOT present in 32-bit executable. Only 64-bit!

Edit2: Okay, this is weird! I tried 64-bit and 2ch raw audio. No issue. I then tried with 8ch raw audio. Still no issue. Then I enable Dolby Headphone and now the issue is back. Been using DH for years and never seen anything like this :S

There has been history of issues with virtual surround in Arma 3. Best example was when Helicopter DLC came, Huron enter sound cracked like crazy. BIS fixed it when I pushed it that it really needs to be fixed because so many people uses virtual surround and it kind of ruins the immersion in one of the few DLC helicopter.

An odd thing:  I was diving near Stratis and Tanoa for the first time in a long while, and.....where are the fish and sea turtles?  Were they removed before and I didn't notice or hear about it? 

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

An odd thing:  I was diving near Stratis and Tanoa for the first time in a long while, and.....where are the fish and sea turtles?  Were they removed before and I didn't notice or hear about it? 

Maybe they were "optimized" away to gain a few percent increase in fps... :drinking:

On 2/11/2017 at 3:34 AM, skream said:

Will do that now. If they push this public lots of people will be very upset.

maybe they will finally fix their vertical scroll bar issue (scrollbar tries to keep selected element in frame, so cant scroll down)

Could it be that the RC server files for linux are damaged? Apex missions not playable and the AI is completeley broken. They spawn/despawn, don't react to you and beam themself around. 

Vanilla missions are affected too.

I created already 3 tickets, but this is really strange...

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123312

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123300

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123297

23 hours ago, OMAC said:

Hi,

it's bug. I hope that it will be fixed in of new update of staging. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, emke said:

Could it be that the RC server files for linux are damaged? Apex missions not playable and the AI is completeley broken. They spawn/despawn, don't react to you and beam themself around. 

Vanilla missions are affected too.

I created already 3 tickets, but this is really strange...

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123312

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123300

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123297

Hi,

thans for reporting it. We will look on it tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 11.2.2017 at 8:30 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

maybe they will finally fix their vertical scroll bar issue (scrollbar tries to keep selected element in frame, so cant scroll down)

Hopefully yes. That thing has roots in OFP? At least Arma 2 had it.

The PRONE To CRUNCH issue seems come back. It was resolved some time ago but now it seems partially come back. 

To reproduce, from prone position, not aiming: 

- While you move the mouse left or right making character to rotate, press D or S then release it. The character crunch.

The W and A seems not have the issue. 

• Like 1