zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

That's a great idea! However on a dedicated server it won't work that well, for example I suppose our dedicated doesn't have any DLC ;)

It would be easier to always set the mass of the fob box to 3 tons and add a ghosthawk to the LHD (and alternate base spawn). I will do that, unless you see another issue :)

Great! Do we still have to type in the command line "GRLIB_offload_diag = true" to activate HC?

It doesn't activate the HC, it only shows what is going on with the HC if you are interested :)

To make the HC work, well, you just have to connect it :D

That's a great idea! However on a dedicated server it won't work that well, for example I suppose our dedicated doesn't have any DLC ;)

It would be easier to always set the mass of the fob box to 3 tons and add a ghosthawk to the LHD (and alternate base spawn). I will do that, unless you see another issue :)

I already set it so that it does not affect the dedicated spawner, as I figured that would often be the case.

I never really thought about adding another actual helicopter however, that's a much more predictable solution. The mere sight of the Huron had me in tears :P

• Like 1

zbug, where would the best place to add static opfor mortars be? I added mobile artillery to spawn_battlegroups but I'm not sure where to add static defenses in your code.

That's a good question. Since they don't have an incredible range they could be added to the csat and militia vehicle pools that spawn on sectors, and fire from one sector to the other. It should be the opfor_vehicles and militia_vehicles arrays in classnames.sqf ;)

Thanks for the HC portion, going to try and get it working and see what it does with the AI.

Amazing mission, keep up the awesome work ZBug!

• Like 1

@Zbug : Stupid question... have you implemented some kind of AI-caching ? 

In a sense I have because every single AI spawns just beyond visual range and despawns when they get too far. It would serve no purpose to cache a specific group, all you want is to find hostile troups where you go, not where you aren't.

There's about 150 sectors each able to spawn 40 to 80 ais so yeah, I'm only spawning what's truly needed. But it wouldn't count as caching ;)

very very nice mission so far, GJ!

one question is there a damage multiplier etc enabled by default? because i'am every time insta wounded (for example fire from a wreck, also was never injured only insta "dead" (body armor doesn't seem to work too))

p.s no mods, vanilla only @linux dedicated server

There's no damage event handler on the players, nothing that can modify damage resistance in any way :)

It may be due to your difficulty options, there's a thing about extra armor if I remember correctly

I know it's already on dev schedule, but being unable to cancel a construction on vehicle is becoming annoying the more you play, a misclick and you're down 500 ammo :|

I agree, a construction timer with option to cancel an action would be very nice.... 

Hey Zbug,

was wondering could it be possible to store player score beyond server restart?

I'll see what I can do :)

noted here

I know it's already on dev schedule, but being unable to cancel a construction on vehicle is becoming annoying the more you play, a misclick and you're down 500 ammo :|

Yep, I've planned to do a ton of little things for the next release, so maybe you'll find it there ;)

• Like 1

Just a little thing we noticed. If a FOB is under attack the timer is under the FOB marker and hardly readable.

The marker z-order is always a pain because it depends on marker creation order only. However here's the better correction I propose, noted here ;)

(already thought about it a while ago and of course I forgot to make a note)

• Like 1

Odd situation today: Taking base I used Zues AI to move in on base, they engaged and fired on each other nobody died. Also enemy MRAP just drove by Blue Force not engaging nor did Blue Force engage MRAP. ?? 

Dedicated Server; Two HC's

What :D

Which version of liberation? Any modification on your side? Any important mods such as Alive/Ace or AI mods? Any rpt logs with script errors?

I am using mods, like Nimitz instead of LHD with the FA18 mod from John Spartan.  Version 89 I do have the difficulty set to ".5".  I am sure it is something I am doing as 88b did not do this with same mods.  I will test the following:

1. I will restart Server and see if I get same results, in addition I will clear TADST log and get a clean one. 

2. I will use your default mission on same server with 2 HC's.

Not sure what caused it, I raised the Difficulty to 1.0 and restarted Server, seems to work fine now. 

zbug,

Could you help me understand the impact of "Unit Cap", is more HC's better for performace neccessarly, is it relative to how many players are present?

Thanks,

Vengeance