texkaz

Setting View Distance-confusion

Currently the server application I am using is TADST v2.6. I have a mission where I need to have the view distance at aleast 4000m but the server default is 2000. So, I go to the server performance tab and set the view distance I need it to work at. Still no luck when I enter the game. Is there any alternative method I can use?

It's usually set inside the mission's description.ext (setViewDistance = 2000;) and I guess it overrides everything else that can change it.

so just type:

set viewdistance=5000; or whatever? Nothing else I have to put down in the description file?

There is no setViewDistance or set viewdistance in the description.ext, but you can use the setViewDistance scripting command in the init.sqf as:

setViewDistance 5000;

I did all of the above. Still nothing working. I set it in the int, I set it in the server, I opened up the Arma3Profile file and set it. Atleast I think I did. I then put the alive weather module. Then I made a mission where I dropped all mods and put two vanilla tanks facing eachoher. Still the same result.

You know it was an issue because the enemy tanks could fire at us and it was impossible for us to see them. So I am just going to make them drive real close to us. I wish I could find a better solution but at this point I am tired of looking for one.

AI should not be able to detect anything outside of the set view range, let alone shoot at it, at least according to the devs.

Here is the Priority precedence

1) Lowest priority: Client defines Viewdistance

2) In MP environment, server overides any value that the client has set.

3) If viewdistance is defined in a mission, this overides both the server and client settings

4) if your mission has the TAW viewdistance system incorporated then when a client adjusts the value, the new value will be set on that client only

• Like 2