spad

DUNE mod V1.0

Congrats on the release!

I've tried it a bit and it looks like it can be lots of fun. I'm launching it together with the skies, OFP materials and @ww425bis (for the WW4 infantry animations). All seems to work without problems.

A couple screenshots I've taken with some Atreides troops:

qcCo6vY.jpg
eovBXmb.jpg

Also, I've encountered a couple errors and/or oddities:

• Error when trying to grab the missile launcher in the Harvester mission (sshot of the error).
  • The monocycle (?) (the harkonnen wheel-like vehicle) gunner position seems a bit weird. I think this has to do with the fact that you tried to have a single-seat vehicle that was also able to shoot and OFP/CWA didn't let you.
  • Hopefully Faguss will create a new config entry in his OFP Aspect Ratio for this mod. Right now it's all cramped in the center of the screen in widescreen resolutions.

Also, the bat file for the skies only works on OFP and it fails in CWA. I've hacked something together that does the job for CWA, but it's not pretty. It currently creates the proper data and data3d pbos but it gets "stuck" after it's done, so you have to manually close the DOS prompt. Other than that it works. Grab it here: https://www.mediafire.com/view/bzb2uw8ko9wswki/installCWA.bat

Extra sshot, but I liked it less than the both from above: https://i.imgur.com/w7ISCEp.jpg

I gave it a fast try and it's great stuff. Now OFP has not only one (WH40K) but two great sci-fi mods, with another very promissing one (Op. Shock) in the making.

Now all we need is someone picking up the SW stuff and Halo stuff and OFP will be sci-fi bliss. ;p 

thanks for comment and kenoxite thanks for your nice pictures and works for the red sky.

Amazing work on that mod Spad so many cool units and vehicles !

More sci-fi mods are always great.

you have contributed to make this mod interresting sanctuary, don't forget :)

for the AAturret defense muzzle flash bug and sardaukar heavy ship white panel in interior view just paste this two files in the OFP/@DUNE/AddOns

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjwwgjv9zpe9gs0/AddOns.rar?dl=0

Kenoxite : for the harvesting mission you don't need any weapon :) just flee and go faster than the worms

i correct the bug here place this one in missions/Dune folder https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl6krgjcbgjcbsl/harvesting.arrakis.pbo?dl=0

Kenoxite : for the harvesting mission you don't need any weapon :) just flee and go faster than the worms

Well, I was just preparing myself (and my men) just in case we were attacked by bandits Fremen in our escape. It looked quite calm even after that pilot started panicking. So I took my time.

And then we mounted up and started moving toward the escape point. And then a worm ate us all. :ph34r:

So, yep, maybe I should have just concentrated on getting away from there ASAP. But those delicious weapons... !

in the notes i have wrote that maybe you have to use your men as suicidal scout unit, the worms attack one time and one target. Don't be the first, let the other walk, drive in the dangerous area...

this mission is very simple and i made only to show the Sandworm of Sanctuary in action.

I had suspected i had to use the scout as suicidal scouts on that mission.

Though it looks like there was not enough bike for all my squads so 1 of my guy had to walk.

When i reached (the other guys bravely diverted the worms attention from me :D )  the flying ship that name escape me, i was waiting for my walking guy to come, and then ....

Didn't expected that, of course i didn't had enough time to take off :D

I am again one with the desert and the Spice is flowing.

Great work on the mod! Even for beta stage this is quite impressive and fun to play. Time to rewatch the David Lynch version.

Vehicles are looking really, really great, but their interiors should get more love. Weapons too aren't that great like the rest of stuff. And there's some mess in the editor categories. But nothing game breaking with that - vehicles and buildings are top-notch!

However, there is one really big problem: I demand more missions with t3h w00rmzz! :P

Vehicles are looking really, really great, but their interiors should get more love. Weapons too aren't that great like the rest of stuff. And there's some mess in the editor categories. But nothing game breaking with that - vehicles and buildings are top-notch!

However, there is one really big problem: I demand more missions with t3h w00rmzz! :P

interior are not my priority, i made them just to avoid empty first view, to long to do for little ingame interrest.

for the mission i have the second part of the campaign  to do with some new characters of the novel

maybe in the next version who know, mission are quite long to do and test

I had suspected i had to use the scout as suicidal scouts on that mission.

Though it looks like there was not enough bike for all my squads so 1 of my guy had to walk.

When i reached (the other guys bravely diverted the worms attention from me :D )  the flying ship that name escape me, i was waiting for my walking guy to come, and then ....

Didn't expected that, of course i didn't had enough time to take off :D

yes the last trap i can't resist to do that :) your worms is so cool, if i have it earlier i would have put it in every mission and campaign, a true nightmare

Hi spad. Very nice mod   :)

If you are still releasing updates, could you change the line "requiredVersion = 1.99;" on "requiredVersion = 1.91;" inside files "ATgun.pbo" and "HAgun.pbo"?

Just because 1.99 no sense and people can't run your mod on version 1.96

I haven't tried this out yet Spad,but I'll be getting around to it. Glad to see you got it to the release stage.

There's never enough Sci-fi as far as I'm concerned. :)

I haven't tried this out yet Spad,but I'll be getting around to it. Glad to see you got it to the release stage.

There's never enough Sci-fi as far as I'm concerned. :)

agree with you there is just one another scifi mod which still missing ;)

Hi spad. Very nice mod   :)

If you are still releasing updates, could you change the line "requiredVersion = 1.99;" on "requiredVersion = 1.91;" inside files "ATgun.pbo" and "HAgun.pbo"?

Just because 1.99 no sense and people can't run your mod on version 1.96

no problem your request has been  recorded for the next release :) but i am sure that you had already change the config and if yes why not release the 1.96 file ;)

i always consider my addons as fully open to be improve by anybody. Especially by talented addonmaker like you.

interior are not my priority, i made them just to avoid empty first view, to long to do for little ingame interrest.

Understood.

for the mission i have the second part of the campaign  to do with some new characters of the novel

maybe in the next version who know, mission are quite long to do and test

Ah, I feel Your pain! :P

BTW: There's something wrong with Squad Leader version - when calling other squads for their position report, there's an error:

Position Error #1: Big letters

Also, it would be better to send them new coordinates by single-clicking on map, instead of double clicks.

Understood.

Ah, I feel Your pain! :P

BTW: There's something wrong with Squad Leader version - when calling other squads for their position report, there's an error:

Position Error #1: Big letters

Also, it would be better to send them new coordinates by single-clicking on map, instead of double clicks.

that's the script, i don't make this script for commanding several squad, so i am sorry i can't change that and i agree with you i would have prefered a single click on map.

does the other squad move even with this error? i don't notice that during my tests.

does the other squad move even with this error?

Yes, they move without problems :)

I gave a look to that mission scripts and noticed that the positionstr.sqs script you used Spad was made for an island that has its map coordinates going from A to J (Aa to Jj) and 0 to 9 (00 to 99) (like Everon)

The problem is while the number are OK, that the Arrakis island go from A to T (Aa to Tj) , so if any of the squads go beyond the Jj square coordinate, the script has no idea where they are.

You'll need to include the missing coordinates to have that script working with the Arrakis island.

By example, if i want to add the K (Ka to Kj) (spoiler so this do not eat the whole page for the viewers) :

look for :

#startAnalyse

?(_xpos <= 1280):goto "A"
?(_xpos <= 2560):goto "B"
?(_xpos <= 3840):goto "C"
?(_xpos <= 5120):goto "D"
?(_xpos <= 6400):goto "E"
?(_xpos <= 7680):goto "F"
?(_xpos <= 8960):goto "G"
?(_xpos <= 10240):goto "H"
?(_xpos <= 11520):goto "I"
?(_xpos <= 12800):goto "J"
Hint "Position error #1 : Big letters"
goto "EndPos"

after the line

?(_xpos <= 12800):goto "J"

add

?(_xpos <= 14080):goto "K"

(you need to add 1280 to each new values)

Then look for :

#J
_xpos = _xpos - 11520
?(_xpos <= 128):goto "JA"
?(_xpos <= 256):goto "JB"
?(_xpos <= 384):goto "JC"
?(_xpos <= 512):goto "JD"
?(_xpos <= 640):goto "JE"
?(_xpos <= 768):goto "JF"
?(_xpos <= 869):goto "JG"
?(_xpos <= 1024):goto "JH"
?(_xpos <= 1152):goto "JI"
?(_xpos <= 1280):goto "JJ"
Hint "Position error #11 : Small letters J"
goto "EndPos"

After that , add

#K
_xpos = _xpos - 12800
?(_xpos <= 128):goto "KA"
?(_xpos <= 256):goto "KB"
?(_xpos <= 384):goto "KC"
?(_xpos <= 512):goto "KD"
?(_xpos <= 640):goto "KE"
?(_xpos <= 768):goto "KF"
?(_xpos <= 869):goto "KG"
?(_xpos <= 1024):goto "KH"
?(_xpos <= 1152):goto "KI"
?(_xpos <= 1280):goto "KJ"
Hint "Position error #11 : Small letters K"
goto "EndPos"

(again for the next #L, #M ... , add 1280 to the xpos check number)

Now look for

;-------J
#JA
MapLetter = "Ja"
goto "endletter"
#JB
MapLetter = "Jb"
goto "endletter"
#JC
MapLetter = "Jc"
goto "endletter"
#JD
MapLetter = "Jd"
goto "endletter"
#JE
MapLetter = "Je"
goto "endletter"
#JF
MapLetter = "Jf"
goto "endletter"
#JG
MapLetter = "Jg"
goto "endletter"
#JH
MapLetter = "JJ"
goto "endletter"
#JI
MapLetter = "Ji"
goto "endletter"
#JJ
MapLetter = "Jj"
goto "endletter"

And after that , add

;-------K
#KA
MapLetter = "Ka"
goto "endletter"
#KB
MapLetter = "Kb"
goto "endletter"
#KC
MapLetter = "Kc"
goto "endletter"
#KD
MapLetter = "Kd"
goto "endletter"
#KE
MapLetter = "Ke"
goto "endletter"
#KF
MapLetter = "Kf"
goto "endletter"
#KG
MapLetter = "Kg"
goto "endletter"
#KH
MapLetter = "KJ"
goto "endletter"
#KI
MapLetter = "Ki"
goto "endletter"
#KJ
MapLetter = "Kj"
goto "endletter"

And the whole K squard and internal ones (Ka to Kj) will be covered, do that for the other letters until you have covered the remaining Arrakis one and you're done, good luck, but it's your fault for making such a much bigger island than Everon :D

well done sanctuary, i miss this point. arrakis was a planet so the map is great :)

i am correcting the script right now for the next release

JDB:

thanks for the link