Sign in to follow this  
cathal02

Arma 3 not starting Exit Code: 0xC0000409/ -1073740791

Hello, so I recently upgraded my gpu to a AMD R9 270, since then Arma 3 will not open, this is the following exit code: Exit Code: 0xC0000409/ -1073740791

Mods: None

Startup Paramaters: None

Specs:

Amd A8 5600k

Amd r9 270

1tb hard drive.

latest catalyst drivers installed?

ran verify integrity of game cache using steam? (google for how to do it)

I have my drivers updated, verified integrity, reinstalled, restarted computer and i still am getting exit code 0xc0000005, any ideas how to fix?

Have you tried deleting (but backing up first) your player profile and all settings data. Before anyone says "But he tried a reinstall!!11!!!one!!", a reinstall wouldn't necessarily remove all settings files so it might still be trying to detect the old card that was present prior to the switch to the R9 270.

So, try removing/renaming 'C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Arma 3\Arma3.cfg' and try starting the game again. The file should hopefully be automatically regenerated with default settings and hopefully re-detect your new card.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest posting a ticket on the feedback tracker (or searching there first), you may find quicker response from BI, or you may find someone has already posted about the issue (and hopefully a fix).

EDIT: Out of curiosity I checked the Feedback Tracker for you and found this post. You may want to vote and perhaps post on there.

Hello,

Please follow the below instructions:

- Navigate to: "C:\Users\Your Profile\AppData\Local\Arma 3". (Make sure hidden files are shown)

- Launch Arma 3 again.

- With the newly created ".rpt" file found in the directory, open with notepad then paste it here in the Thread.

Thank you for your patience as we will resolve your issue, once you paste the copied data from the ".rpt" here. :)