Sign in to follow this  
ue30oli

Mods Serverside or Clientside ?

Hi,

are Mods like Blastcore A3, Blastcore Phoenix, JSRS3-DragonFyre, CBA_A3 Servermods or does only the Client need it to download ?

So i mean, do i have to upload this Mods to my Server or does the Player just need the Mods on his PC ?

Thx, Oli

Hi welcome to Bis forums!

Any mod that adds effects like fire, dust, smoke, even sounds are client side mods.

CBA_A3 is a mod that has alot of functions that other mods use and need so the only mods you need to worry about that will need to be on the server are

mods that add new units, weapons, maps, vehicles, planes, even gameplay features to a degree.

So if you have a mission that uses weapons from a mod in it then that mod that adds the weapons needs to be on the server, along with CBA_A3, only when you add mods

that the mission is using do you need CBA on the server.

The other part of this, if you do put Blastcore for example on the server and have the server.cfg require that anyone joining is to have what the server is running then yes anyone

wanting to join the server will need what the server is running.

On another note if the server.cfg is not set to require the client to have what the server is running (Blastcore) then the client can join without it.

Imo Mods like Blastcore dont need to be on the server because if the client were running it they will still see the effects/features of the mod even though its not on the server, same goes with sound mods.

• Like 1

thak you !

so i just need to put the cba Mod and weapons , maps or unit mods on the server.

whats about mods like ACE3 or ShackTac Fireteam HUD ?

Thanks alot this is a great help for me because i dont need to upload so many mods on my server.

Welcome.

ACE3 would need to be on the server only....if nothing from ACE was added to a mission like modules, an ammo box, ect,.

Thing is if you build a mission with ACE loaded meaning you started the game with ACE but did not add anything ACE related into the mission,

then theres a 50/50 chance that you might get whats called an addon dependency, when the mission dont load and spits out an error stating ace has been removed or deleted then it has added

something to your mission, another way to check is to actually open your mission pbo itself and in the mission.sqm there are 2 sections they are titled Autoaddons, you look in those 2 sections

(both at the top) and see if theres any listings of ACE in there, if there are then you can remove the code listing for it and the mission should load.

Ideally a mod like ACE is complex so imo its best to be safe so to speak and put ace on the server also dont forget the usercofnig for it, or you will get an error message askign for it,

like blh blah, blah Ace/userconfig or something.

ShackTac Fireteam HUD dont need to be on the server, if you run that client side and join the server the mod will still work.

If you have any other mods that you play with that you want to know about if there needed on the server then ask.

Hope that helps.

i tested it on my server. so i have start my arma 3 with mods like Blastcore A3, Blastcore Phoenix, JSRS3-DragonFyre, CBA_A3 and on the serverside there is no one of this mods startet.

No i think that the mods are not working. 

So i think i nead at least the cba mod on my server running that the other mods are workiing ???

OK ... more of a fundamental question about client vs. server mods...

If a mod is on the CLIENT and on the SERVER then what code is actually being run?  The client side or the server side code?  Does it depend on the mod configuration?

For example, we are looking at putting Proving Ground for ArmA 3 on our server but want to modify it so that only ADMINs or specific GUIDs are allowed to access it's features. 

So, in this case if the server sees that a mod is on BOTH sides will it only run the SERVER side code and ignore the CLIENT side code? Or is it the other way around?

i tested it on my server. so i have start my arma 3 with mods like Blastcore A3, Blastcore Phoenix, JSRS3-DragonFyre, CBA_A3 and on the serverside there is no one of this mods startet.

No i think that the mods are not working. 

So i think i nead at least the cba mod on my server running that the other mods are workiing ???

You need CBA_A3 running both Serverside and Client side. Blastcore Phoenix requires CBA_A3,  JSRS4 does not.