do you plan to add another faction? im tired of killing rus and us troops, please make china's army :P

unfortunately the MANW wasn't enough to buy us a wand...the one that was on sale parted together with Alan, so i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you...

Is it just me, or does this great mod missing on steam?

it is intentional.

End User License Agreement

The work contained in this distribution is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Please note that the above mentioned agreement gives the right to Red Hammer Studios to waiver any of the conditions, thus feel free to contact us to obtain permission to modify our work.

It is forbidden to distribute the content of this package by itself, or as part of another distribution, using the Steam Workshop.

You may not use the material for commercial purposes. This includes running this package on server instances that employ any monetization schemes, including, but not limited to, donate-reward systems. Bohemia Interactive's approval of your monitization scheme does not grant you rights to wave this clause of the EULA.

This add-on is provided for Arma 2: Combined Operations or Arma 3 and is not to be used with VBS or any of its derivatives built for the purpose of military training.

Copyright â“’ 2015 Red Hammer Studios 

It's not on Steam, because Steam's EULA for the workshop involves signing over the rights to all your content to Valve.

share not sign over. i've explained the reasons plenty time now, i'll make sure to save the text file someplace so i can just copy paste like my SW DMCA text

Ur classes page on your website isnt updated to 4.0.

we're aware, soul assassin has been slacking it... ;)

Hmmm I've having some weird issues with the insurgents, in ALIVE They don't seem to spawn anything besides infantry?

Thanks!

I do use the Insurgents and ALiVE in many of my missions and never have any problems with them,

probably you do syncing modules wrong, or some else.

Do not use my old compatibility addon it is heavy outdated !

Guys,

Is there a glossary of terms used in the classnames anywhere? For example, VDV, VV, MSV. I'm struggling when choosing which vehicle to spawn.

Guys,

Is there a glossary of terms used in the classnames anywhere? For example, VDV, VV, MSV. I'm struggling when choosing which vehicle to spawn.

Uhm we used to have one, but not anymore I'm afraid.

In any case:

MSV: Regular Army Infantry

RVA: Rocket & Missile troops

TV: Tank troops

VDV: Airborne troops

VMF: Naval Infantry

VPVO: Air Defense troops

VV: Interior Ministry Paramilitary troops 

VVS: Air Force

Edit: Being ninjed... again...

• Like 2

Is there any reason you removed the weapons functionality from the KA-60 in the camo class? The real Kasatka has weapon mounts for UPK pods and S-8's

Unless you're unaware of the weapons still being attached 

Is there any reason you removed the weapons functionality from the KA-60 in the camo class? The real Kasatka has weapon mounts for UPK pods and S-8's

Unless you're unaware of the weapons still being attached 

I'm afraid it's gonna be the second hah  :P 

Seems that some A3 update might have unhidden them.

• Like 2

are you going to improve the female faces? they look incredibly scary currently.

actually... maybe... i'm not sure, depends on workload. 

in short, no promises

when do you plan to add in custom IOTV/SPCS models instead of arma 2 ports, and what ever happened to AV_IndUs vest  i thought that was apart of your team 

Has anyone started working on KSVK, or do you guys have some other priorities by now?

Out of curiosity why doesn't RHS utilise the vanilla vehicles which are used today by Russia and USA, like the YAK-131, HEMETT and the M-ATV? 

when do you plan to add in custom IOTV/SPCS models instead of arma 2 ports, and what ever happened to AV_IndUs vest  i thought that was apart of your team 

I'm afraid you may be confusing mods. We don't use any Arma 2 ported IOTV or SPCS. Ours were made from scratch (also the SPC).

Unless you mean few of the pouches, that are used as placeholder.  :wacko: 

Out of curiosity why doesn't RHS utilise the vanilla vehicles which are used today by Russia and USA, like the YAK-131, HEMETT and the M-ATV?

Unfortunately those A3 models don't represent with accuracy their real life counter-parts. 

Realism:

Yak-131 doesn't exist outside of design drawings.

The HEMMT model in Arma 3 isn't particularly accurate; it's a mix of various Oshkosh variants and some artistic license. RHS' model is more accurate and allows them to make things like the up-armour kits as well as the standard cabin.

If you want armed variants on the M-ATV then RHS need to make their own. Real ones tend to have a manned weapon station or a Kongsberg CROWS turret - not the fictional thing on BIS' model. I don't think any of the in-service ones have the canvas compartment on the back either. Changes like this cannot be made to BIS' model without the unbinarised .p3ds

• Like 5

It's not on Steam, because Steam's EULA for the workshop involves signing over the rights to all your content to Valve. 

Yes ,Valve the boogeyman will take away all your work and do what they wish with their obviously evil intent towards modders and their hard work

Yes ,Valve the boogeyman will take away all your work and do what they wish with their obviously evil intent towards modders and their hard work

I will explain this once more time:

1. from a legal point of view, based on the the Steam EULA, in order for the current RHS content to be uploaded on the Steam Workshop (see section 6 of the linked EULA), each individual who ever contributed to the mod (past or present), even with a single texture, would need to agree with the terms - for our purpose, in writting - more precise sharing their IP rights with Valve. So it is not a matter of majority, but rather a matter of unanimity, which is simply impossible, because some don't agree with the terms, and some are out of our reach. So even if we'd want to upload it to SW (which we don't), we are not legally allowed to.

2. section 2 of the same EULA stipulates that, any uploads made to Steam Workshop needs to be made by someone who owns the IP rights. In the case of RHS, we do NOT share the IP rights with any third party, hence every SW upload made (in part or in full) will be taken down by my own self.

so that's that: the Valve is surely no boogeyman, and i personally understand them covering their asses from any potential law suit. That being said, it is well within the individuals rights that are part of RHS to disagree with that particular EULA. 

again, if you see any RHS part present on SW, it is an upload without permission, so please let us know, by posting in this thread, sending me a PM, or sending us a message via facebook or twitter.

if things change, we'll let everyone know about it

• Like 3

Yeah, it's nothing to do with "boogeymen", it's to do with permissions. 

But... that is true, isn't it? If someone wants to give me rights on any legal content, feel free to contact me via PM.

Well for the sake of the community and where the launcher is heading with server dependencies connected through steam workshop. I hope things change in the future, but im sure yall will cross that path when you get there. 

Well for the sake of the community and where the launcher is heading with server dependencies connected through steam workshop. I hope things change in the future, but im sure yall will cross that path when you get there. 

Presumably the other option would be: "If you want to use RHS, don't use the Launcher" if that becomes the case.

Presumably the other option would be: "If you want to use RHS, don't use the Launcher" if that becomes the case.

That would flat out suck though, you would have to agree. 

That would flat out suck though, you would have to agree. 

Not really, I've only ever launched the launcher once (by accident!), it downloaded MCC without my permission (or desire to do so) and then crashed. I haven't used it since. However, we're veering wildly off-topic, so lets get back to discussing RHS shall we? :)

• Like 1

I'm afraid I don't get your point.  :wacko: 

I've been using the launcher with RHS for months. What issue do you find?

The only "manual" thing you have to do is to update it, but that happens only once every couple months or three. 

The server dependencies shouldn't be an issue, as the launcher can see if you have certain mod and what version you have.

• Like 2