ff9e8bb8-7917-4a96-8ffc-be35f2ed1f4b.jpg

This little bad boy should be plenty of fun... ;)

• Like 2

Is the editor supporting controllers?  :blink: Why are there controller-buttons shown? Is ArmA supporting controllers? Now that I'm thinking about it, it would make dogfights much easier... 

Is the editor supporting controllers?  :blink: Why are there controller-buttons shown? Is ArmA supporting controllers? Now that I'm thinking about it, it would make dogfights much easier... 

Xbox Controller Supported

Wait, is that all there is to placing your modules? That looks pretty simple.

Yup.

To create the most basic custom scenario, one simply needs to put a playable unit on the map, a few modules with the desired features - and hit preview or save/export it!

Anyway, I've done most of the urgent fixes - just need to look into the loot system and improve it regarding vital items spawns and some minor stuff.

I'll probably spend the week-end testing the recent changes, and update sometime next week.

• Like 2

Just saw some questions that could use some answers :

Oh and there were supposed to be vehicle patrols also? Can't wait. Are these going to be placed or random patrols? Is there anything static on the map currently, or is everything going to be random enclaves/rad zones/etc.?

We currently have a way to monitor thirst, hunger, and health. Will we be getting a radiation exposure ui element? Maybe a color gauge of current rad count green/yellow/orange/red or a percentage?

Enemy vehicles aren't spawning due to some issues I missed with the script...

In the Altis scenario, a few are placed, some others are random; there's also a couple of places being held by hostiles - but pretty much everything else is randomly generated.

As for the radiation level, it will be displayed along the rest in your inventory once you have found & activated a geiger counter. ;)

After some hours playing this I can just give some advices, afar from what I have read you're working on yet:

- More loot. Any kind of loot, especially food and drinks, as it is too much lacking in buildings. Starting "half-naked" without a proper equipment is nice....remaining so for more than half an hour is much more less entertaining...

- I know you have much work to do before even thinking about it, but...I quote for a Panthera Island version of this !!! :D

Great work, Haleks. Thanks for gifting this to the community !!!

I know you have much work to do before even thinking about it, but...I quote for a Panthera Island version of this !!! :D

To play a basic version of Ravage on Panthera, open the Editor place down a Blufor unit of your choice, add the Ravage modules, save and play.   ;)

I have no idea why I can't sprint, only walk and run

Right away in the beginning or after playing for a while? In the beginning I believe you may be stunned for a bit. Also open inventory and check to see if you are above 50% health.

Right away in the beginning or after playing for a while? In the beginning I believe you may be stunned for a bit. Also open inventory and check to see if you are above 50% health.

It turns out to be somekind of mod incompatibility, anyways, thanks for the tips

It turns out to be somekind of mod incompatibility, anyways, thanks for the tips

Hi!

May I ask what mods were involved?

I've slowed down a bit the walking speed in Ravage - animation configs being tricky, this could very much be responsible for those incompatibilities...

I might remove it as it is not an essential tweak anyway...

• Like 1

Hi!

May I ask what mods were involved?

I've slowed down a bit the walking speed in Ravage - animation configs being tricky, this could very much be responsible for those incompatibilities...

I might remove it as it is not an essential tweak anyway...

it's not really a big mod mate, just the ultimate soldier by dj otacon

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314405081

All right, thanks man; I'll take a look at it. ;)

• Like 1

To play a basic version of Ravage on Panthera, open the Editor place down a Blufor unit of your choice, add the Ravage modules, save and play.   ;)

Thanks for replying.

Perhaps there's a way to change loot spawn as well ?

it's not really a big mod mate, just the ultimate soldier by dj otacon

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314405081

EDIT : removing what I said about scripting issues, the author made sure to set fatigue to 0 - so the problem lies elsewhere... I'll have to test a few things if I got time.

@malcom86 : the loot system is WIP and will undergo some changes.

EDIT : removing what I said about scripting issues, the author made sure to set fatigue to 0 - so the problem lies elsewhere... I'll have to test a few things if I got time.

@malcom86 : the loot system is WIP and will undergo some changes.

also can you put in some color plz, or an option to toggle the grey scale, i love playing your mod but the greyscale hurts my eyes so bad

edit: nvm i found the option to disable color filter the radio menu

Yeah I should put a note ingame about the options. ^^

About the update : I've finished most of the things I wanted to do.

In addition to many fixes (full changelog coming soon), the AI reactions when fleeing zombies have been improved, as well as the spawn mechanics for vital loot.

Note that food and drinks will be hard to come by still, but it will be much easier to manipulate the code in the future if it still doesn't feel balanced.

Also, with a bit of work, it shouldn't be too hard to expand on the loot modules and add user-defined spawn chances for each loot type - but that's probably for later.

I still have to check some NPC-related scripts and make sure all errors have been fixed, but the update is looking good!

Word of warning for mission makers though : since the modules have been modified, you might need to place new ones in your mission.

• Like 5

I'm working on a new survival horror mission but I have to put it on pause for now because every zombie mod I've seen has certain issues. This mod looks like the best of the bunch, lots of potential here.The only thing for me personally that's a big issue for me is I can't place the zombies on the map where I would like them. There aren't showing up on the opfor section or independents.

I highly recommend that you make that an option. I would love to create a group of slow, fast whatever type of zombie to patrol in a certain area with waypoints. If you can make that happen, I'd love to use your zombie mod in my next mission, it looks fantastic. 

Will the slow animated zombies work with TPW_Mod skirmish script? What are the classnames for these zombies? 

I'm working on a new survival horror mission but I have to put it on pause for now because every zombie mod I've seen has certain issues. This mod looks like the best of the bunch, lots of potential here.The only thing for me personally that's a big issue for me is I can't place the zombies on the map where I would like them. There aren't showing up on the opfor section or independents.

I highly recommend that you make that an option. I would love to create a group of slow, fast whatever type of zombie to patrol in a certain area with waypoints. If you can make that happen, I'd love to use your zombie mod in my next mission, it looks fantastic.

I guess I could add modules or gamelogics for that - the player would choose how many infected are to be spawn in a defined radius...

That would be the best solution; since zombies have to be Agents, placing down editor units (considered as Vehicles) won't work.

I'll think on it and add it to the update if I can - it's actually something that is missing and could be usefull, thanks for the suggestion.

Will the slow animated zombies work with TPW_Mod skirmish script? What are the classnames for these zombies?

I don't know, what does TPW_Mod skirmish do exactly?

Zombies classnames are as follows : "zombie1", "zombie2", [...], "zombie9".

I really appreciate how dedicated you are Haleks. Thank you!

Looking forward to the next release

• Like 1

Holly Molly!

That's awesome work Solano, really impressive!

I will add a link to the OP. ;)

Holly Molly!

That's awesome work Solano, really impressive!

I will add a link to the OP. ;)

I am glad you like it :)

(This is of course the result with disabled PP Effect.)