Thanks Cosmic, I gave "scope=2" (with items configured as weapons - and not magazines) a try last night, but no dice...

But I was quite exhausted - will fiddle with it later today!

By the way, I'm in the middle of overhauling the AI spawn module : mission makers will be able to choose a side for hostile and friendly factions.

It should allow exciting scenarios, such as : a bunch of former AAF soldiers trying to save Altis survivors from a NATO cleansing operation during the virus pandemia. :D

Lots of work & debugging though... ^^'

Thanks Cosmic, I gave "scope=2" (with items configured as weapons - and not magazines) a try last night, but no dice...

But I was quite exhausted - will fiddle with it later today!

Maybe scopeArsenal = 2;

Started new character today. And to be honest, this one had the most luck so far. Unlike previous one where I looted whole Kavala and got only one powdered milk, now I found 2 drinks, tactical beans, rice, and 1 med kit in Sofia. So maybe I just had a bad luck until now, but anyhow, the prospect of item quality in relation to its quantity is a nice way to balance loot I think. Will restart and check other towns for loot drops.

Hi haleks

Some questions and ideas for you:

Modules

The module for loot and others that have the 1-100 scale on them, is the number closer to 100 mean more loot of the type you choose or is it the lower number that does that and what would you reccomend?

The horde module, does the horde spawn around the module at a distance you set? and only just the area where the module was placed? Does placing multiple horde module in certain areas work?

or does one module placed effect the whole map?

Bandits

I"ve ran into one squad of bandits in my first run, and had an idea as i enjoyed the threatening aspect of bandits when you have limited ammo,

was wondering if you could setup a module where you can have:

• varying types and factions like in Stalker, and you can join a faction
  • bandit territories where if you decide to enter a territory and its guarded, depending on your dispostion with them they would either shoot you on the spot, or question you, or let you in, or you could trade with them if thy wern't your enemies and by trading with them you increase your disposition with them by certain number of points unless you join them of course, ideas are coming from Stalker games of course.
  • increased numbers,
  • bandits in small convoys, like 1-3 cars/trucks, and if open bed truck or vehicle then bandit would be able to shoot from the truck (not with built in mg)
  • bandits spawn with various weapons (probably do already idk, just a thought)

Zombies

• zombie dogs - lone, and in packs, they are timid only when alone, again like in Stalker
  • more sounds
  • different zombie types, crawling types
  • Zombies can infect those they hit, so a bandit lets say if he get hit by a zombie becomes infected but wont be a zombie til he dies
  • dead bandits can become zombies, like in the movies from George Romero where anyone who dies becomes a zombie unless shot in the head, so say if i killed a bandit, and within a certain amount of time they will turn and walk like the rest.

Trader faction or black market type

These guys could be civilians, former survivors who managed to establish themselves on the map, an idea for this would be like in the mission Endless Survival

where traders are randomly placed throughout the map, you can buy and sell anything, the more valuable stuff would be the food, and weapons as well as ammo, again like Stalker in a way.

To make money just find stuff and sell it basically.

I like how the mission plays but theres an aspect to it where I wish there was a purpose, or objective or something you are trying to achieve, yes survival of all things, but for example like in zombie

and or apocalyptic movies theres always the seeking for a place where there is safety, or land.

Character builder

Like in Dayz which i never played or even Stalker which i have all games, wondering if we could setup a character type thing like rpg like where you start a character and then play and save,

your saved character you can see in arsenal or an arsenal like program, you can view what you have, any money you made (thats if you ever do a money system for trading etc,.)

After a few hours playing around with your mod by itself and with your recommended and a few non-recommended mods, i have to say you done a very good job.

Definatly up to your DaiZy standards.

I found myself checking over my shoulders, keeping an eye out for zeds and bandits. 

One point i was so into the game that my wife managed to make me jump out of my chair, near spilling the coffee she was bringing me.

I also tried your editor modules and am now making a mission of my own with your mod at its core. (Will post and link a video when i am happy with how its turing out).

A few critizisims:

- I noticed that the zeds wernt spawning in the towns or buildings as much as i would like, more like around the edges of towns then moving in.

- The Horde module doesn't spawn in hordes, more like a concentrated spawn location (Dont know if thats intended)

- Bandits, raiders etc, even with headshots, take a few bullets to take down

- Missing the Hunger, Thurst, Health GUI (I read your working on that)

Theres probally a few more, but i cant think of them atm.

Once again, you have done an awsome job and if you need any help let me know.

I will be following this closely

Cyphas - VUSG

Edit:

Hi haleks

Some questions and ideas for you:

Modules

The module for loot and others that have the 1-100 scale on them, is the number closer to 100 mean more loot of the type you choose or is it the lower number that does that and what would you reccomend?

The horde module, does the horde spawn around the module at a distance you set? and only just the area where the module was placed? Does placing multiple horde module in certain areas work?

or does one module placed effect the whole map?

Bandits

I"ve ran into one squad of bandits in my first run, and had an idea as i enjoyed the threatening aspect of bandits when you have limited ammo,

was wondering if you could setup a module where you can have:

• varying types and factions like in Stalker, and you can join a faction
  • bandit territories where if you decide to enter a territory and its guarded, depending on your dispostion with them they would either shoot you on the spot, or question you, or let you in, or you could trade with them if thy wern't your enemies and by trading with them you increase your disposition with them by certain number of points unless you join them of course, ideas are coming from Stalker games of course.
  • increased numbers,
  • bandits in small convoys, like 1-3 cars/trucks, and if open bed truck or vehicle then bandit would be able to shoot from the truck (not with built in mg)
  • bandits spawn with various weapons (probably do already idk, just a thought)

Zombies

• zombie dogs - lone, and in packs, they are timid only when alone, again like in Stalker
  • more sounds
  • different zombie types, crawling types

Trader faction or black market type

These guys could be civilians, former survivors who managed to establish themselves on the map, an idea for this would be like in the mission Endless Survival

where traders are randomly placed throughout the map, you can buy and sell anything, the more valuable stuff would be the food, and weapons as well as ammo, again like Stalker in a way.

To make money just find stuff and sell it basically.

I like how the mission plays but theres an aspect to it where I wish there was a purpose, or objective or something you are trying to achieve, yes survival of all things, but for example like in zombie

and or apocalyptic movies theres always the seeking for a place where there is safety, or land.

Character builder

Like in Dayz which i never played or even Stalker which i have all games, wondering if we could setup a character type thing like rpg like where you start a character and then play and save,

your saved character you can see in arsenal or an arsenal like program, you can view what you have, any money you made (thats if you ever do a money system for trading etc,.)

I like the idea of the trading system too. Sell off weapons etc for some form of cash and use said cash to buy from their "Limited" supplies

Haleks is it possible in future iterations to "live off the land" ?

Killing rabbits for meat(or other implimentable animals)

Filling water from lakes?

Haleks is it possible in future iterations to "live off the land" ?

Killing rabbits for meat(or other implimentable animals)

Filling water from lakes?

Bearing in mind the terrain has been devastated by disease and has pockets of radiation everywhere.....i'll have my rabbit "well done" thanks....and we'll need some water purification tablets to go.......

There should be a real risk to "living of the land" in Ravage....... 

Hey guys.

We have covered some of this in pages long past in the thread.

Loot number reflects percentage that the item might show up in loot. If you upped every one to 100 you would always get some of every type in every container as I understand it.

So setting every type to 50 means each of the loot types has a 50 percent chance of spawning... I have also gotten much more ammo when I upped it to 40. Sometimes 3 different mags in a loot container.

Trading system including base trading and random moving traders is being thought about. We need to be able to sell all those empty cans lol

Haleks was working on stalkerish feral dogs but it he is not happy with it yet. This was in dev prior to release.

Bandit technical offroads are already present and will mess you up as I found out... love the small convoy idea... a bandit supply run/search

Fortifications and base building have been discussed.

Including fortifying a building you are in against zombies.

The survival menu come up when you go into inventory on your top right in a box. I like how unobstusive it is...

A hunting system has been mentioned by Haleks as well. For live of the land survival but that's a ways away I believe...

Haleks has mentioned that this is the framework and more objective based missions will come in time and eventually mp I'm sure we all dream of coop and pvp.

Note... I don't mean i have discussed them with Haleks... just that a lot of this stuff is likely on a massive text document on Haleks desktop from the 20 plus pages of this thread lol

• Like 1

Thanks for summing things up cosmic! ^^

I'm sorry I don't have the time to answer to everyone with details, but I will definitely start updating the OP with some documentations this week-end - maybe on wiki.

Keep those suggestions & bug reports coming, even if I don't answer right away, I'm reading and considering every input. :)

So I played the official scenario on Altis for 36 minutes with the latest version of Ravage. Found 3 pistols including the starter one. A medkit. Binos. Cloths. Pistol Ammo. And my end with 4 Raider. It is just awesome already. The music is so good. Had to disable JSRS because it kept crashing my game.

Character builder

This is giving me a few ideas for the future, actually... ;)

So I played the official scenario on Altis for 36 minutes with the latest version of Ravage. Found 3 pistols including the starter one. A medkit. Binos. Cloths. Pistol Ammo. And my end with 4 Raider. It is just awesome already. The music is so good. Had to disable JSRS because it kept crashing my game.

Have you tried the LITE version? It is completely config-based, so it should be much more stable with the recent Arma3 updates.

• Like 1

Have you tried the LITE version? It is completely config-based, so it should be much more stable with the recent Arma3 updates.

I use(d) this one here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29021

Ah - I just found the version you mentioned...

Hmmm... Maybe I try it. 

But Ravage was still intense without it. The few pistol shots I made were ok with vanilla sounds :)

Thanks for pointing that out

You're welcome!

By the way I've just finished overhauling the Ambiant AI module (took me a few hours... è_é') - I still have a lot of tests to run, but it is much more flexible and will be easy to mix with custom spawn scripts or placed units/groups in Editor mode.

Here's the current changelog for the next update :

Tweaked :
Minor HUD improvements.

Fixed :
AntiRad pills were not working.
Fixed sleeping bags disappearing into the ground inside houses.
Player being unable to fill jerrycans at fuel stations.
Small correction to the syphon vehicle function formula.
Player being unable to sleep in tents built outside.
zed Spawn Radius (Ambiant zombies module) not working beyond 400 meters.
Player being unable to inflame previously extinguished campfires.
Minor RPT errors.

New :
Mission makers can now define a side for each of the hostile and friendly factions (Ambiant AI module).
Added debug markers for radioactive areas (survival module).
Added individual options to the Debug module.
Added low grade food and drink items.
Added new map item (alternative icon by Scorch).
TRYK uniforms addon is now supported (WIP).

• Like 5

Hi haleks, regarding the added support for RHS Escalation mod.....will Ravage also recognize mistyronin's ION Services Inc. config addon.

Again, thanks for releasing Ravage,  it's a pretty inspired piece of work.....i liken it to a great book.....Ravage is the novel....the Modules are the novellas. 

Heres a summery of the mission mentioned in my last post.

Note: This should be considered WIP at all times.

Map: Essekker

Mods: Recommended (From op) + ACE3 + Blood Mist + LHM Glasses.

Scripts:

BRS (Battlefield Respawn Sysytem) by BangaBob - Allows single player respawn

Loli Defence System by Obin - Base building using arma 3 assests and clever scripts. Also has a currency for buying goods\upgrading a base.

ETG Heli Crash and Cargo Drop by Kellojo - heli flyovers that drop supply crates, also has a random chance that flyovers will crash creating a loot spawn, Dayz style.

Resistance Gear Randomization by Austin(medic) - clothing randomization with each respawn/spawn.

I will put up a teaser later today, but i still need to flesh out a few of the scripts and figure out how to inject the currency from Loli into ravage bandits.

• Like 1

I will put up a teaser later today, but i still need to flesh out a few of the scripts and figure out how to inject the currency from Loli into ravage bandits.
 0 = rvg_items pushback <your item>;

should do the trick, as long as the object can be added with AddItem.

If you don't want an item to be too common, use this instead :

0 = rvg_uniqueItems pushback <your item>;

0 = rvg_items pushback <your item>;

0 = rvg_uniqueItems pushback <your item>;

Cool thnks, i will give it a try

Heres a summery of the mission mentioned in my last post.

Note: This should be considered WIP at all times.

Map: Essekker

Mods: Recommended (From op) + ACE3 + Blood Mist + LHM Glasses.

Scripts:

BRS (Battlefield Respawn Sysytem) by BangaBob - Allows single player respawn

Loli Defence System by Obin - Base building using arma 3 assests and clever scripts. Also has a currency for buying goods\upgrading a base.

ETG Heli Crash and Cargo Drop by Kellojo - heli flyovers that drop supply crates, also has a random chance that flyovers will crash creating a loot spawn, Dayz style.

Resistance Gear Randomization by Austin(medic) - clothing randomization with each respawn/spawn.

Sounds cool... 

I don't play with ace 3 because I don't like have the keys forced like agm... but blood mist and lhm glasses are very good.

That etg crash script is a cool idea... I put it in one of my ravage missions too...

How are u gonna handle respawn? Maybe have a random chance that player loses items but not all upon respawn?

Sounds cool... 

I don't play with ace 3 because I don't like have the keys forced like agm... but blood mist and lhm glasses are very good.

That etg crash script is a cool idea... I put it in one of my ravage missions too...

How are u gonna handle respawn? Maybe have a random chance that player loses items but not all upon respawn?

Im a noob when it comes to scripting, so im learning as i go.

I'd like an opinion or 2 on this idea for the respawn.

As im in limbo as to the respawn (BRS is in but disabled atm), cause if you play for a long time, get a base up and going etc then a lucky bandit bullet blows your brains out, you lose everything.

Now this could be good, adding to the realism (You dont respawn in real life), but i was thinking of a DayZ like respawn, but with a random name generator added so that each time you respawn, you are someone new, but things like bases remain constant.

If i can get that system to work, then i may not need BRS.

As for ACE 3, while i dont like the forced keys myself, some of the modules come in handy for this mission, such as the cargo module, advanced ballistics and the map module. If players dont like ACE 3 in the mission, i may remove it but as i said, im a noob and it is so much easier to use Ace 3 or maybe ALiVE.

@Haleks

Just tested your method and it doesnt work. I re-read the scripts and realised it doesn't use physical currency but virtual.

As stated in the script post: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24150

To set the money to unit, add to init in unit:

this setVariable ["cash", amount_of_cash, true];

Would a trigger that activates a script that places "this setVariable ["cash", amount_of_cash, true];" into the ai init box work???

Cyphas - VUSG

Im a noob when it comes to scripting, so im learning as i go.

I'd like an opinion or 2 on this idea for the respawn.

As im in limbo as to the respawn (BRS is in but disabled atm), cause if you play for a long time, get a base up and going etc then a lucky bandit bullet blows your brains out, you lose everything.

Now this could be good, adding to the realism (You dont respawn in real life), but i was thinking of a DayZ like respawn, but with a random name generator added so that each time you respawn, you are someone new, but things like bases remain constant.

If i can get that system to work, then i may not need BRS.

As for ACE 3, while i dont like the forced keys myself, some of the modules come in handy for this mission, such as the cargo module, advanced ballistics and the map module. If players dont like ACE 3 in the mission, i may remove it but as i said, im a noob and it is so much easier to use Ace 3 or maybe ALiVE.

@Haleks

Just tested your method and it doesnt work. I re-read the scripts and realised it doesn't use physical currency but virtual.

As stated in the script post: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24150

To set the money to unit, add to init in unit:

this setVariable ["cash", amount_of_cash, true];

I was thinking, is it possible to have your mod call Loli with a 3rd party script to inject random money amounts when spawning or am i over thinking the process.

Cyphas - VUSG

Learning scripting is fun... just don't be afraid to walk away sometimes and come back to it lol... it can ruin your sleep

Hmm... i actually think your idea is better now that I think about it... you can always get more guns but you don't want to lose a sick base you built.... 

Tough one tho.. we have an in house mission we play and I like how it doesn't have respawn and only healing... makes a life count. Part of what makes Ravage so edge of the seat is the constant feeling of being hunted, about to die, and a complete lack of assets to attempt to survive. How many times are you going to respawn at the same base and knowing that... are you going to end up running around with nary a care in the world...

In any case you are the mission designer so whether or not you use Ace is totally your call... I actually wish some of it wasn't required  for some of the other modules or I would use it more as it offers some really cool things to the gameplay.

Thanks for summing things up cosmic! ^^

I'm sorry I don't have the time to answer to everyone with details, but I will definitely start updating the OP with some documentations this week-end - maybe on wiki.

Keep those suggestions & bug reports coming, even if I don't answer right away, I'm reading and considering every input. :)

Lol... no worries. I was just trying to let people know that their ideas are in the works...

Since it is quite some pages since some of that stuff was discussed... I may put it all together for ya here... so you can work on a roadmap :p

Well after extensive gameplay today (8hrs), I have couple of things to report:

1. Syphoning partial amount fuel from vehicles (when there is not enough to fill jerrycan fully) is not possible - we get message that vehicle does not have enough fuel.

2. I believe there is some problem with Massi weapon mod. To be precise here is what's wrong - there are two kinds of SVD Dragunov rifles, the one without optic and the one that has name SVD Dragunov PSO. However, when I found this with PSO in its name, it still has no optical sight. Is this a glitch or we need to find PSO optics? Because on M14 with aimpoint/ACOG it shows name and type of rifle correctly. When it has aimpoint on it, it shows M14 aimpoint or ACOG and when it has no attachment it just says M14.

After today's long gameplay, and 4 completely looted towns, I can say that drop rate on food and drinks is actually satisfactory. However, drop rate for anti-rad pills (no matter that they dont work) is definitely way too low. I only found 1 bottle. Couldnt find Geiger counter either - not from loot not from killed enemies (and I killed a ton of them - managed to acquire 9 survivors xD )  

So my suggestion for priority fix would be: definitely ability to heal to 100HP instead of current 75, lower "forced walk" HP level to 25 or 20 from current 50, and a bit better drop of anti-rad pills (once they're fixed).

Damn' I got addicted to this. It's 2:37 now and I havent even noticed I've been playing half of day almost  :lol:

• Like 2

Ok... So I think I got most of the thread covered...

Apologize for the format... 

I forgot  Gunters Post and I got lazy and tired at the end... but it covers a good part of the necessities lol

Ill add Gunters Stuff as he has always been so diligent with the AI thread :), but first sleep lol

////////////////////////////////////////////
/////Important Gameplay Notes///////////////

- Frank Herbert's "The White Plague" as an inspiration for Ravage

-The default Mission is tough, as it should be... you will be have to
lucky and good to survive. Please read the OP.

-Also note that your character is exhausted when you wake up : give it a few seconds and you'll be fresh as new

-Your survival Menu is in the Default Inventory Menu (Default key 'I")
-- In the top right corner once the inventory menu is up, it will show
your health, hunger and thirst.

-This is WIP, will be tweaked for survival values.
-Anti Rad pill are slated to be updated next update and do not work.
-About anti-rad pills : their effect is progressive, but if you still loose HP after let's say 5 minutes, you're either suffering from hunger/thirst or might need another dose if your radiation level is very high.

-To use items double click on them in inventory and you will see
the corresponding effect to your health etc.

-Geiger Counters are hard to find.
-You can find Geiger counters in military buildings and on bandits as well (remember to double-click on it in your inventory to activate it).
-As for the radiation level, it will be displayed along the rest in your inventory once you have found & activated a geiger counter. ;)
-Geiger counters shouldn't be showing your rad level, it shows the environments. On anti-rads effectiveness, they are on something of a bell curve, you will have to wait to see its effects, that being said, staying in a radiated area will negate the effects.

- Sleeping bags will be fixed in next update.

- you'll be able to holster your weapons and walk empty-handed (quite usefull as it saves stamina and allows you to run faster) :

The basic rules to remember while playing the showcase scenarios :
- Group of survivors will always be hostile; when you have the numbers, why bother with diplomacy? There'll usually be two factions fighting each other for the control of the terrain/island, each group belongs to either one of them.
In some of the showcases, those groups will occupy one or several important locations. On rare occasions they'll be patroling in armed vehicles.
- Lone travelers will most likely be hostile as well : the Afflicted will kill and rob anyone, including other renegades. Their last days of consciousness are ones of solitary madness and pillaging.
- Keep in mind that some survivors are willing to join you; their max number is limited by the number of towns on the map. They'll be hard to find and travel alone as well.
As long as you have binoculars or any kind of long range optic, it should be easy to make the difference between friendlies and afflicted renegades; failing that, survivors will signal friendly fires by radio if you have one.

-Lately I added the possibility for groups from the same faction to merge on some occasions (and surprise the player by the occasion), I'm thinking about making it a 100% dynamic function...

-About zeds in Ravage : they aren't Independent nor Opfor, they've a negative rating to ensure everyone sees them as hostiles.
-They also react to gunfires, the problem is that their hearing range is limited to something like 80 meters (I think), due to the way it is currently handled

- there're four types of building/loot - civilian, military, industrial and research.

-hydration & nutrition don't go down too fast, but nonetheless, after an hour or so players begin to worry about their subsistence. :devil:
Keep in mind that NPC are your best chance - I'm not saying you should play like a bandit, but... survival of the fittest and all that!
food & drink only spawn in Civ buildings, no need to look elsewhere.

-The loot does respawn, yes. After some time, each location is cleaned up and ready to spawn loot again once the player is far enough from it.

-option to disable color filter the radio menu

-Dont use the ArmA's save button
Use the Radio commands "save" that doesnt breaks nothing

-i laughed when i worked out what the money was for!
;)

-But the default scenario will still have lower spawn rates...
If you want to up the loot ratio then create a custom scenario with in the editor and adjust the loot rates in the placed loot module...

-The custom color scheme can be enabled/disabled with the editor modules - as well as in the showcase scenario (hit 0 twice to access the radio menu).

-for the campfires, yes you should have an "Inflame Campfire" option in the action menu when facing any campfire wich isn't inflamed already (as long as you have matches on you).

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////How to start a Ravage Mission on any map.//////

-To create the most basic custom scenario, one simply needs to put a playable unit on the map, a few modules with the desired features - and hit preview or save/export it!
-To play a basic version of Ravage on Panthera, open the Editor place down a Blufor unit of your choice, add the Ravage modules, save and play
Place the Ravage modules that are under F7 in the editor on the
map and adjust to your preferred values.

-There are currently x modules.
-After reading your post I also took the time to create a Settings module, with the following options :
- enable DMZ clean-up system for objects, destroyed vehicles and corpses.
- override difficulty settings and enable saving.
- allow the player to holster his weapons (this was previously tied to the survival system, it is now a separate option).
- define a time acceleration factor.

*next update*
manual zombie placement module with the following options :
Number of infected to spawn
How far from the module zombies should spawn (horde radius)
Minimal distance from player before spawning the horde (in other words, the trigger size)
Debug Marker option

I will detail these shortly.

Note.
-In the loot spawn module the number corresponds to each itemtypes
chance of spawning in each container.
All item types at 100% - Every container has some of each type.
All item types at 50% - Every item type has a 50 spawn chance in
that container.

-Does NOT work with Ace Medical system - yet.

-the horde function doesn't check for the player's position before spawning zeds; to avoid any issues, the trigger size is hardcoded to be at least twice as big as the horde radius.

-About the "Debug Marker option" - will it show the radii for all the Z-Spawner trigger to place them better?
It would be cool if the markers for this topic would be switchable quickly (like all on - all off)
The marker will show both the trigger radius and the spawn radius (with different colors) - but I never though about your last point... T_T

-This could mean that the Chernobyl map doesn't have its buildings properly configured : if that's the case, I'm afraid zombies nor loot will work on it...

-how is the horde module working.
It spawns zombies at the specified location once the player enters the defined trigger radius - and that's it.
It is a one time thing, no respawn or anything. A thing worth noting though : those zombies won't be deleted until someone kills them.
Of course, they don't affect the ambiant spawns either, so you can create as many hordes as you want without fear of causing issues with the other spawn methods.

-I will take some time later to properly test the zombie spawns with AiATP-based maps - but remember that the max number of zombies might need to be adapted to your map :
if Helvantis towns don't have many buildings (compared to towns in Altis), you will want to push the numbers a bit.

-if no buildings are detected after about 40 secondes,the game will start spawning zeds in the wild around the player - provided that the terrain offers safe spots to spawn them out of sight.

-Zombies spawn around any kind of building, not necessarily in towns; but keep in mind, when making missions, that the player shouldn't spawn too close to villages or towns :
buildings in the immediate vicinity will be excluded from the spawn process to avoid issues; the greater the spawn radius for zombies, the further you should start from cities

- 0 = rvg_items pushback ;
0 = rvg_uniqueItems pushback ;

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////Discussed Features not yet implemented./////

-Tryk Uniforms Work in progress.
-In any case, ACE has some neat features and I intend to add full support for it. At some point. ;)
-Easy: More loot in form of food and water
Medium: Less loot
Hard: Nearly no loot
But the loot lists aren't going to be updated soon as I need to overhaul the loot system first. :

-Feral Dogs. Ravage will probably include feral dog packs à la STALKER).
I'm sorry to say that the feral dogs won't be part of the first phase after all.

-The first release will only showcase Altis (and maybe Stratis), but I plan on adding optionnal missions for various terrains after that. Those will most likely have different feelings and backgrounds; there is a project for Chernarus that should have a strong STALKER (the movie) vibe to it. But that's not coming anytime soon, sorry to say that.

- I'd like to implement a multiplayer mode despite my lack of experience in this domain. ^^

-Persistence seems to be far more complex though, but I'll study the subject. ;)

-As for CUP TP compatibility, I'm actually waiting for its release to get back to those Arma2 terrains missions. ;)

-I might end up fiddling with ambient lighting configs at some point)
-m fiddling with the idea of adding more ambient life you could hunt such as sheeps (would be extremely rare to find though) while I'm at it - but that might not be present in the first version.

-It requires a bit of work and a lot of testing & balancing as I don't want it to make things too easy.
I've been toying a tad with the dogs and, eventhough they're currently far from perfect, their behaviour is solid enough - and they bring some animation in this desolated world.
I'm also trying to get all the "small" stuff done so I can focus on more important game mechanics once the first version is out (base building, management of needs for survivors recruited by the player, persistent evolution of the conflict opposing raider factions and all that good stuff...)

Easy: More loot in form of food and water

-a trader system at friendly camps where you could trade found loot for food.

-I'll probably make disposable modules for this; they would offer a user-defined radius for the blacklist zones, as well as the option to make them permanent or have them removed once the player has left the area.
we are getting a bit away
with this idea from your base concept but if traders would be a thing to
aim for I think it would be cool if they all have their little houses
and shacks randomly spawned on the map (possibly fortified a bit -
because they try to survive just as you in this harsh world).

-Same could be the concept for Bandits. If you find a hideout you can get great
loot - but maybe you need to defuse explosive traps sometimes.

-I like the idea that you are not completely alone in this world but then the next
logical step for me is that everyone has shelter that they protect and get back to.

-I will also update the OP with the classnames for Ravage items

-zombies have to be Agents, placing down editor units (considered as Vehicles) won't work.
I'll think on it and add it to the update if I can - it's actually something that is missing and could be usefull, thanks for the suggestion.
Zombies classnames are as follows : "zombie1", "zombie2", [...], "zombie9".
I'll try to make some kind of manual placement module for the update - if I don't have time I'll make sure to write a quick script for that.
EDIT : done!

-the friendly survivors. it would be great, if possible, if you could limit their engagement to fast zombies and really close zombies

-Micro-management of units is the most boring thing (and one of the reasons I chose to give infinite ammo to the AI) - your solution would greatly alleviate this aspect.
I'll definitely tackle with it - as well as many other suggestions that have been made.

-I just need to add a way to blacklist an area, and that should cover pretty much all options a mission-maker would need

-A MP version is planned - but you will have to be patient : I'm focussing on having a solid SP experience first, given that I have more experience in that aspect.
But I am fully aware that there is a large demand for COOP/MP gameplay, and I do intend to tackle it.

-Empty cans are just trash loot at the moment, but your suggestion about water sources is already on a long to-do list regarding survival mechanics - that's going to take a few weeks, at least.

-if possible I'd like to achieve something as solid as DayZ regarding persistence & character saving.
I'll definitely study the mods/scripts you've linked.
On the COOP/MP subject : I haven't tried anything myself, but a few people have been giving it a go, and from what I could gather, the biggest problem is the absence of an MP saving system.

--There's no actual story right now, besides hints about the general situation in the world, displayed during the loading screens (basically, a virus wiped out the female population while turning men into zombies, total clusterfuck, end of civilization).
But this is going to evolve sooner or later, once I can dedicate more time to work on story-telling and dynamic missions generation.
Same goes for the intro sequence : it is more of a placeholder until I know where I'm going with Altis.

-since food/water/medkits are very hard to find, I'd suggest implementing some crafting method in order to get bandages/first aid. Also cooking food from rabbits and other animals should be implemented.

-Well if I can get the zombies to work with Zeus, it would be a first step towards MP compatibility and could provide some fun until a full MP conversion arrives.

////////////////////////////////////////
///////Reported Issues//////////////////

-Sadly none of the scripts have been tested in a multiplayer environment, so that's not gonna happen right away, sorry to say that.
-About food spawns : yes, it is scarce and it is intended so
-The number of addon items you use in your session does affect the spawn rates for each object
- I can say that food is really scarce
-Regarding the toolbox mechanism, it is more of a placeholder : I don't know yet where I'm going with this one.
The current mechanism is bit extreme I admit, but vehicles make the game much much more easier and should be (very) hard to fix.
-Note that not everything is correctly saved in SP, amongst other problems, trigger states and a few commands such as setFace can cause quite the headache for mission makers...
-Music can also stop or restart if you pause the game for too long - pretty much all commands I tried are glitchy since one of the recent Arma3 updates.
-since zombies have to be Agents, placing down editor units (considered as Vehicles) won't work

- the vanilla way how bandages just heal to you to fixed 75% i gotta say that right now they should be really common. the problem is that in arma at a certain health level you are forced to walk,

-The one thing that concerns me tough, is the AI being more or less inept at driving. NPC doesn't seem to care for spawned or placed objects, as a result they have a nasty tendency to crash on other vehicles or wrecks...

-Yea...WAY TOO MANY empty cans ->not enough money for beer :D

-Just finished some *testing in your main release and..the Radio menu "Save" feature its broken (for me).
It will save but wont load the saved game forcing a restart :/

1- i noticed with the delete script option on, zombies would spawn in and be deleted a few seconds after
2- i would have to check again but it feels like zombies don't spawn if i set them to 500 meters or more (400 seems like the sweet spot)

*also an extra check needed for the sleeping bag placement maybe.
Today a 3rd one in a row disappeared into the ground-lost forever :/

-I enabled the Geiger i found and it shows Rad level 61.
Took Anti-rads ..but hasn't changed nothing.

-I tried to fill 2 empty jerrycans at a fuel station (double-clic in inventory) but for some reason it didn't work even if I was standing by the pump.

-damaged models are a bit larger than the intact ones (either that or their center position is offset) - that is totally confusing me - but I'll see if something can be done.

-That being said, there're a few limits with the current modules and the way Arma3 handles side/faction/group relations : if you want to play CSAT and choose to enable the OPFOR bandits in the AI spawn module, those will be friendly... A tad awkward.

-ability to heal to 100HP instead of current 75, lower "forced walk" HP level to 25 or 20 from current 50, and a bit better drop of anti-rad pills (once they're fixed).

-the new loot module causes a small script error when launching the Altis scenario - this shouldn't affect gameplay.

-report is very bad HP healing from med kits - only 4HP healing?!

ive always wondered why zombies die with 1 single shot?

shot to the head yeah sure but to a leg?
im sure its on the to do list i hope :P

I haven't witnessed the burning wreck spawning above ground (yet), but a quick fix to the mission script should ensure this doesn't happen again in the future

As for the absence of loot on zombies, there are several reasons : I wanted to keep the code as light as possible, and keep high performances in every possible scenario.
And not all missions would make use of survival items either.

////////////Mod Conflict Reported/////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////////////

-it's not really a big mod mate, just the ultimate soldier by dj otacon

-If I die and then respawn I have no sound. Only the Menu ticking makes sound but everything else is mute.
This could actually be my fault : the main module mutes everything on player's death, this was to avoid minor sound issues with the death screen.
I've removed that option from the new modules, so v0.1.1 could fix your problem.

-but as a bypass for this problem is CLEAR the optional supplementary configs on ACE and everything (save/load) will work properly

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////Ravage Classnames///////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"money", //used as combustible
"notepad", //idem
"doc_folder", //idem
"SleepingBag_Blue",
"Folded_Tent",
"Beans",
"Bacon",
"Milk",
"Rice",
"PlasticBottle",
"Spirit",
"Franta",
"CanisterFuel",
"CanisterFuel_Empty",
"geiger",
"AntiRad",
"Matches"
All of these are Magazines, so they work with AddItem.

/////////////////////////////////////////
////////////Ravage Missions//////////////

Doctor X
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29657

Revenant EP 1. Homecoming
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29672

//////////////////////////////////////////
///////////Good Ideas/////////////////////

The total absence of NVG drops (scopes included) its 1 solution to be EXTRA carefull.
These running zombies are really dangerous even at daytime.Having only a weapon flashlight will be problematic (the least) to continue roam the land at night..

just in general some simple non-combat gameplay could be cool.

Completely agree with you.
I have a lot to think about regarding that aspect of survival; I guess I'll have a clearer vision once I'm more or less done with the free-roam mechanics of the mod.

The abillity for the player to board up doors (and for tge zeds to eventually break through) would go well with your enhanced indoor pathfinding, probably a big ask though. Just an idea.
This could be a good occasion to start working on a building system... But that's most likely going to take time to develop.

That and melee with knives/rifle butts would pretty much make this perfect IMHO.

Zeds should spawn in building positions,just like loot.
--I've just finished modifying the spawn system to spawn zeds inside buildings whenever that's possible.

1) A definable chance to find loaded weapons and/or attachments in the loot module would be cool.
2) now that zeds can follow you into houses, may i suggest a new clothing item to be added to the loot table: brown trousers!

1- zombies attack vehicles when you are in them, even if it does very little damage (they just stand there atm)
2- zombie health option (headshots only style)
3- more zombie clothes variety (those recommended addons you list, like rds_a2_civ_pack looking zombies)
4- zombies eat victims and dead resurrect with their gear
5- more zombie animations (i tried to mix in "zombies and demons" slow zombies for more creepy vibe, but your zombies and those fight each other, plus that mod messes up blufor and stuff)
6- option for some zombies to stay indoors (i put 2 zombie spawn modules, one for 300 zombies to spawn 400 meters and the other to spawn 5 zombies 20 meters. cause i noticed zombies spawn indoors and walk out, so i was trying to get a few to spawn close hoping to simulate them being indoors but some spawn on roads making it distracting)
7- more bandit spawn options (time between bandit spawns and amount of them, maybe some with pistols. seems like i am always hearing them shooting, i don't get that feeling of being alone long enough)

//////////////////////////////////
//////////Update Log//////////////

TBR

Tweaked :
Minor HUD improvements.

Fixed :
Minor RPT errors.

New :
Mission makers can now define a side for each of the hostile and friendly factions (Ambiant AI module).

v0.1.1 hotfix (24/10/2015)
Fixed :
Fixed all side relations issues : OPFOR players can now kill infected without fear of unwanted consequences.
Fixed : User-defined values for the Loot module didn't have enough influence on actual spawn chances.

v0.1.1
Tweaked :
Minor HUD changes.
Widen zombie's FOV.
Increased default spawn distance for zeds.
Zeds will now spawn inside buildings when possible.
Zeds can now spawn in the wild, not only around buildings.
Improved AI awareness of nearby zombies.
Dynamic weather tuning.
Distances and timers for NPC spawns.
Improved combat effectiveness of enemy groups.
Bandits can potentially have more ammo on them.
Vital items now have their own loot table.
Player spawns with more ammo in the Altis scenario.

Fixed :
Car patrols were not spawning.
Drink actions were broken.
Zeds should definitely stop hitting through walls.
Zeds are now able to effectively chase targets inside buildings.
Bandits would disengage too soon on some occasions.
Recruited survivors would sometimes turn on the player for killing a specific type of bandit.
Fixed all script errors & RPT spam.

New :
Added a music option to the Atmosphere Module.
Added user-defined spawn chances to the Loot Module.
Added new module : Settings module.
Added new module : Ambiant zombies module, allows more control over zombie settings.
Added new module : Zombie horde manual placement.
Added new module : Debug module (WIP).
The "main module" has been replaced by the "survival module".

The Debug module is still very much WIP but already offers some usefull informations :
It only displays some markers for a few modules right now, but hopefully this should help mission makers visualize the effects of said modules, as well as how they behave with each map.
I'll probably work on more debug options tomorrow, since I'm more or less done balancing the ingame mechanics.

• Like 2

Had an awesome night with Ravage.....weather was particularly spectacular......

134A151F440D1A92A661C6865BD6851587248505

• Like 5

I was reading through the thread and I saw someone post that zeds are very easy to kill (1-2 bullets). Indeed I also think this should be modified, and I'd suggest damage related to examples of ammunition type, like in real life:

any headshot - instant kill.

pistols: 3-5 shots (chest or limbs)

rifles chambered in 5.56 or 5.45 caliber: 2-3 shots (chest or limbs)

rifles chambered in 7.62x39 - 2-3 shots

rifles chambered in 7.62x51 or 7.62x54 - 1 shot from 100 to 500m, 2 shots from 500 up to 1.200 m (if it's too big of a problem to modify as such, just make it simple and put 1 shot kill as well, you wont be wrong, these rounds will drop what they hit.

12.7 BMG - 1 shot no matter the distance - it's anti-materiel round with huge kinetic energy, it basically splits a man in half if it hits a person.

Ok... So I think I got most of the thread covered...

Apologize for the format... 

I forgot  Gunters Post and I got lazy and tired at the end... but it covers a good part of the necessities lol

Ill add Gunters Stuff as he has always been so diligent with the AI thread :), but first sleep lol

/////Important Gameplay Notes///////////////

- Frank Herbert's "The White Plague" as an inspiration for Ravage

-The default Mission is tough, as it should be... you will be have to

lucky and good to survive. Please read the OP.

-Also note that your character is exhausted when you wake up : give it a few seconds and you'll be fresh as new

-Your survival Menu is in the Default Inventory Menu (Default key 'I")

-- In the top right corner once the inventory menu is up, it will show

your health, hunger and thirst.

-This is WIP, will be tweaked for survival values.

-Anti Rad pill are slated to be updated next update and do not work.

-About anti-rad pills : their effect is progressive, but if you still loose HP after let's say 5 minutes, you're either suffering from hunger/thirst or might need another dose if your radiation level is very high.

-To use items double click on them in inventory and you will see

the corresponding effect to your health etc.

-Geiger Counters are hard to find.

-You can find Geiger counters in military buildings and on bandits as well (remember to double-click on it in your inventory to activate it).

-As for the radiation level, it will be displayed along the rest in your inventory once you have found & activated a geiger counter. ;)

-Geiger counters shouldn't be showing your rad level, it shows the environments. On anti-rads effectiveness, they are on something of a bell curve, you will have to wait to see its effects, that being said, staying in a radiated area will negate the effects.

- Sleeping bags will be fixed in next update.

- you'll be able to holster your weapons and walk empty-handed (quite usefull as it saves stamina and allows you to run faster) :

The basic rules to remember while playing the showcase scenarios :

- Group of survivors will always be hostile; when you have the numbers, why bother with diplomacy? There'll usually be two factions fighting each other for the control of the terrain/island, each group belongs to either one of them.

In some of the showcases, those groups will occupy one or several important locations. On rare occasions they'll be patroling in armed vehicles.

- Lone travelers will most likely be hostile as well : the Afflicted will kill and rob anyone, including other renegades. Their last days of consciousness are ones of solitary madness and pillaging.

- Keep in mind that some survivors are willing to join you; their max number is limited by the number of towns on the map. They'll be hard to find and travel alone as well.

As long as you have binoculars or any kind of long range optic, it should be easy to make the difference between friendlies and afflicted renegades; failing that, survivors will signal friendly fires by radio if you have one.

-Lately I added the possibility for groups from the same faction to merge on some occasions (and surprise the player by the occasion), I'm thinking about making it a 100% dynamic function...

-About zeds in Ravage : they aren't Independent nor Opfor, they've a negative rating to ensure everyone sees them as hostiles.

-They also react to gunfires, the problem is that their hearing range is limited to something like 80 meters (I think), due to the way it is currently handled

- there're four types of building/loot - civilian, military, industrial and research.

-hydration & nutrition don't go down too fast, but nonetheless, after an hour or so players begin to worry about their subsistence. :devil:

Keep in mind that NPC are your best chance - I'm not saying you should play like a bandit, but... survival of the fittest and all that!

food & drink only spawn in Civ buildings, no need to look elsewhere.

-The loot does respawn, yes. After some time, each location is cleaned up and ready to spawn loot again once the player is far enough from it.

-option to disable color filter the radio menu

-Dont use the ArmA's save button

Use the Radio commands "save" that doesnt breaks nothing

-i laughed when i worked out what the money was for!

;)

-But the default scenario will still have lower spawn rates...

If you want to up the loot ratio then create a custom scenario with in the editor and adjust the loot rates in the placed loot module...

-The custom color scheme can be enabled/disabled with the editor modules - as well as in the showcase scenario (hit 0 twice to access the radio menu).

-for the campfires, yes you should have an "Inflame Campfire" option in the action menu when facing any campfire wich isn't inflamed already (as long as you have matches on you).

///////How to start a Ravage Mission on any map.//////

-To create the most basic custom scenario, one simply needs to put a playable unit on the map, a few modules with the desired features - and hit preview or save/export it!

-To play a basic version of Ravage on Panthera, open the Editor place down a Blufor unit of your choice, add the Ravage modules, save and play

Place the Ravage modules that are under F7 in the editor on the

map and adjust to your preferred values.

-There are currently x modules.

-After reading your post I also took the time to create a Settings module, with the following options :

- enable DMZ clean-up system for objects, destroyed vehicles and corpses.

- override difficulty settings and enable saving.

- allow the player to holster his weapons (this was previously tied to the survival system, it is now a separate option).

- define a time acceleration factor.

*next update*

manual zombie placement module with the following options :

Number of infected to spawn

How far from the module zombies should spawn (horde radius)

Minimal distance from player before spawning the horde (in other words, the trigger size)

Debug Marker option

I will detail these shortly.

Note.

-In the loot spawn module the number corresponds to each itemtypes

chance of spawning in each container.

All item types at 100% - Every container has some of each type.

All item types at 50% - Every item type has a 50 spawn chance in

that container.

-Does NOT work with Ace Medical system - yet.

-the horde function doesn't check for the player's position before spawning zeds; to avoid any issues, the trigger size is hardcoded to be at least twice as big as the horde radius.

-About the "Debug Marker option" - will it show the radii for all the Z-Spawner trigger to place them better?

It would be cool if the markers for this topic would be switchable quickly (like all on - all off)

The marker will show both the trigger radius and the spawn radius (with different colors) - but I never though about your last point... T_T

-This could mean that the Chernobyl map doesn't have its buildings properly configured : if that's the case, I'm afraid zombies nor loot will work on it...

-how is the horde module working.

It spawns zombies at the specified location once the player enters the defined trigger radius - and that's it.

It is a one time thing, no respawn or anything. A thing worth noting though : those zombies won't be deleted until someone kills them.

Of course, they don't affect the ambiant spawns either, so you can create as many hordes as you want without fear of causing issues with the other spawn methods.

-I will take some time later to properly test the zombie spawns with AiATP-based maps - but remember that the max number of zombies might need to be adapted to your map :

if Helvantis towns don't have many buildings (compared to towns in Altis), you will want to push the numbers a bit.

-if no buildings are detected after about 40 secondes,the game will start spawning zeds in the wild around the player - provided that the terrain offers safe spots to spawn them out of sight.

-Zombies spawn around any kind of building, not necessarily in towns; but keep in mind, when making missions, that the player shouldn't spawn too close to villages or towns :

buildings in the immediate vicinity will be excluded from the spawn process to avoid issues; the greater the spawn radius for zombies, the further you should start from cities

- 0 = rvg_items pushback ;

0 = rvg_uniqueItems pushback ;

//////Discussed Features not yet implemented./////

-Tryk Uniforms Work in progress.

-In any case, ACE has some neat features and I intend to add full support for it. At some point. ;)

-Easy: More loot in form of food and water

But the loot lists aren't going to be updated soon as I need to overhaul the loot system first. :

-Feral Dogs. Ravage will probably include feral dog packs à la STALKER).

I'm sorry to say that the feral dogs won't be part of the first phase after all.

-The first release will only showcase Altis (and maybe Stratis), but I plan on adding optionnal missions for various terrains after that. Those will most likely have different feelings and backgrounds; there is a project for Chernarus that should have a strong STALKER (the movie) vibe to it. But that's not coming anytime soon, sorry to say that.

- I'd like to implement a multiplayer mode despite my lack of experience in this domain. ^^

-Persistence seems to be far more complex though, but I'll study the subject. ;)

-As for CUP TP compatibility, I'm actually waiting for its release to get back to those Arma2 terrains missions. ;)

-I might end up fiddling with ambient lighting configs at some point)

-m fiddling with the idea of adding more ambient life you could hunt such as sheeps (would be extremely rare to find though) while I'm at it - but that might not be present in the first version.

-It requires a bit of work and a lot of testing & balancing as I don't want it to make things too easy.

I've been toying a tad with the dogs and, eventhough they're currently far from perfect, their behaviour is solid enough - and they bring some animation in this desolated world.

I'm also trying to get all the "small" stuff done so I can focus on more important game mechanics once the first version is out (base building, management of needs for survivors recruited by the player, persistent evolution of the conflict opposing raider factions and all that good stuff...)

Easy: More loot in form of food and water

-a trader system at friendly camps where you could trade found loot for food.

-I'll probably make disposable modules for this; they would offer a user-defined radius for the blacklist zones, as well as the option to make them permanent or have them removed once the player has left the area.

we are getting a bit away

with this idea from your base concept but if traders would be a thing to

aim for I think it would be cool if they all have their little houses

and shacks randomly spawned on the map (possibly fortified a bit -

because they try to survive just as you in this harsh world).

-Same could be the concept for Bandits. If you find a hideout you can get great

loot - but maybe you need to defuse explosive traps sometimes.

-I like the idea that you are not completely alone in this world but then the next

logical step for me is that everyone has shelter that they protect and get back to.

-I will also update the OP with the classnames for Ravage items

-zombies have to be Agents, placing down editor units (considered as Vehicles) won't work.

I'll think on it and add it to the update if I can - it's actually something that is missing and could be usefull, thanks for the suggestion.

Zombies classnames are as follows : "zombie1", "zombie2", [...], "zombie9".

I'll try to make some kind of manual placement module for the update - if I don't have time I'll make sure to write a quick script for that.

EDIT : done!

-the friendly survivors. it would be great, if possible, if you could limit their engagement to fast zombies and really close zombies

-Micro-management of units is the most boring thing (and one of the reasons I chose to give infinite ammo to the AI) - your solution would greatly alleviate this aspect.

I'll definitely tackle with it - as well as many other suggestions that have been made.

-I just need to add a way to blacklist an area, and that should cover pretty much all options a mission-maker would need

-A MP version is planned - but you will have to be patient : I'm focussing on having a solid SP experience first, given that I have more experience in that aspect.

But I am fully aware that there is a large demand for COOP/MP gameplay, and I do intend to tackle it.

-Empty cans are just trash loot at the moment, but your suggestion about water sources is already on a long to-do list regarding survival mechanics - that's going to take a few weeks, at least.

-if possible I'd like to achieve something as solid as DayZ regarding persistence & character saving.

I'll definitely study the mods/scripts you've linked.

On the COOP/MP subject : I haven't tried anything myself, but a few people have been giving it a go, and from what I could gather, the biggest problem is the absence of an MP saving system.

--There's no actual story right now, besides hints about the general situation in the world, displayed during the loading screens (basically, a virus wiped out the female population while turning men into zombies, total clusterfuck, end of civilization).

But this is going to evolve sooner or later, once I can dedicate more time to work on story-telling and dynamic missions generation.

Same goes for the intro sequence : it is more of a placeholder until I know where I'm going with Altis.

-since food/water/medkits are very hard to find, I'd suggest implementing some crafting method in order to get bandages/first aid. Also cooking food from rabbits and other animals should be implemented.

-Well if I can get the zombies to work with Zeus, it would be a first step towards MP compatibility and could provide some fun until a full MP conversion arrives.

///////Reported Issues//////////////////

-Sadly none of the scripts have been tested in a multiplayer environment, so that's not gonna happen right away, sorry to say that.

-About food spawns : yes, it is scarce and it is intended so

-The number of addon items you use in your session does affect the spawn rates for each object

- I can say that food is really scarce

-Regarding the toolbox mechanism, it is more of a placeholder : I don't know yet where I'm going with this one.

The current mechanism is bit extreme I admit, but vehicles make the game much much more easier and should be (very) hard to fix.

-Note that not everything is correctly saved in SP, amongst other problems, trigger states and a few commands such as setFace can cause quite the headache for mission makers...

-Music can also stop or restart if you pause the game for too long - pretty much all commands I tried are glitchy since one of the recent Arma3 updates.

-since zombies have to be Agents, placing down editor units (considered as Vehicles) won't work

- the vanilla way how bandages just heal to you to fixed 75% i gotta say that right now they should be really common. the problem is that in arma at a certain health level you are forced to walk,

-The one thing that concerns me tough, is the AI being more or less inept at driving. NPC doesn't seem to care for spawned or placed objects, as a result they have a nasty tendency to crash on other vehicles or wrecks...

-Yea...WAY TOO MANY empty cans ->not enough money for beer :D

-Just finished some *testing in your main release and..the Radio menu "Save" feature its broken (for me).

It will save but wont load the saved game forcing a restart :/

1- i noticed with the delete script option on, zombies would spawn in and be deleted a few seconds after

2- i would have to check again but it feels like zombies don't spawn if i set them to 500 meters or more (400 seems like the sweet spot)

*also an extra check needed for the sleeping bag placement maybe.

Today a 3rd one in a row disappeared into the ground-lost forever :/

-I enabled the Geiger i found and it shows Rad level 61.

Took Anti-rads ..but hasn't changed nothing.

-I tried to fill 2 empty jerrycans at a fuel station (double-clic in inventory) but for some reason it didn't work even if I was standing by the pump.

-damaged models are a bit larger than the intact ones (either that or their center position is offset) - that is totally confusing me - but I'll see if something can be done.

-That being said, there're a few limits with the current modules and the way Arma3 handles side/faction/group relations : if you want to play CSAT and choose to enable the OPFOR bandits in the AI spawn module, those will be friendly... A tad awkward.

-ability to heal to 100HP instead of current 75, lower "forced walk" HP level to 25 or 20 from current 50, and a bit better drop of anti-rad pills (once they're fixed).

-the new loot module causes a small script error when launching the Altis scenario - this shouldn't affect gameplay.

-report is very bad HP healing from med kits - only 4HP healing?!

ive always wondered why zombies die with 1 single shot?

shot to the head yeah sure but to a leg?

im sure its on the to do list i hope :P

I haven't witnessed the burning wreck spawning above ground (yet), but a quick fix to the mission script should ensure this doesn't happen again in the future

As for the absence of loot on zombies, there are several reasons : I wanted to keep the code as light as possible, and keep high performances in every possible scenario.

And not all missions would make use of survival items either.

////////////Mod Conflict Reported/////////////////

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

-it's not really a big mod mate, just the ultimate soldier by dj otacon

-If I die and then respawn I have no sound. Only the Menu ticking makes sound but everything else is mute.

This could actually be my fault : the main module mutes everything on player's death, this was to avoid minor sound issues with the death screen.

I've removed that option from the new modules, so v0.1.1 could fix your problem.

-but as a bypass for this problem is CLEAR the optional supplementary configs on ACE and everything (save/load) will work properly

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////////Ravage Classnames///////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"money", //used as combustible

"notepad", //idem

"doc_folder", //idem

"SleepingBag_Blue",

"Folded_Tent",

"Beans",

"Bacon",

"Milk",

"Rice",

"PlasticBottle",

"Spirit",

"Franta",

"CanisterFuel",

"CanisterFuel_Empty",

"geiger",

"AntiRad",

"Matches"

All of these are Magazines, so they work with AddItem.

////////////Ravage Missions//////////////

Doctor X

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29657

Revenant EP 1. Homecoming

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29672

///////////Good Ideas/////////////////////

The total absence of NVG drops (scopes included) its 1 solution to be EXTRA carefull.

These running zombies are really dangerous even at daytime.Having only a weapon flashlight will be problematic (the least) to continue roam the land at night..

just in general some simple non-combat gameplay could be cool.

Completely agree with you.

I have a lot to think about regarding that aspect of survival; I guess I'll have a clearer vision once I'm more or less done with the free-roam mechanics of the mod.

The abillity for the player to board up doors (and for tge zeds to eventually break through) would go well with your enhanced indoor pathfinding, probably a big ask though. Just an idea.

This could be a good occasion to start working on a building system... But that's most likely going to take time to develop.

That and melee with knives/rifle butts would pretty much make this perfect IMHO.

Zeds should spawn in building positions,just like loot.

--I've just finished modifying the spawn system to spawn zeds inside buildings whenever that's possible.

1) A definable chance to find loaded weapons and/or attachments in the loot module would be cool.

2) now that zeds can follow you into houses, may i suggest a new clothing item to be added to the loot table: brown trousers!

1- zombies attack vehicles when you are in them, even if it does very little damage (they just stand there atm)

2- zombie health option (headshots only style)

3- more zombie clothes variety (those recommended addons you list, like rds_a2_civ_pack looking zombies)

4- zombies eat victims and dead resurrect with their gear

5- more zombie animations (i tried to mix in "zombies and demons" slow zombies for more creepy vibe, but your zombies and those fight each other, plus that mod messes up blufor and stuff)

6- option for some zombies to stay indoors (i put 2 zombie spawn modules, one for 300 zombies to spawn 400 meters and the other to spawn 5 zombies 20 meters. cause i noticed zombies spawn indoors and walk out, so i was trying to get a few to spawn close hoping to simulate them being indoors but some spawn on roads making it distracting)

7- more bandit spawn options (time between bandit spawns and amount of them, maybe some with pistols. seems like i am always hearing them shooting, i don't get that feeling of being alone long enough)

//////////Update Log//////////////

TBR

Tweaked :

Minor HUD improvements.

Fixed :

Minor RPT errors.

New :

v0.1.1 hotfix (24/10/2015)

Fixed :

Fixed all side relations issues : OPFOR players can now kill infected without fear of unwanted consequences.

Fixed : User-defined values for the Loot module didn't have enough influence on actual spawn chances.

v0.1.1

Tweaked :

Minor HUD changes.

Widen zombie's FOV.

Increased default spawn distance for zeds.

Zeds will now spawn inside buildings when possible.

Zeds can now spawn in the wild, not only around buildings.

Improved AI awareness of nearby zombies.

Dynamic weather tuning.

Distances and timers for NPC spawns.

Improved combat effectiveness of enemy groups.

Bandits can potentially have more ammo on them.

Vital items now have their own loot table.

Player spawns with more ammo in the Altis scenario.

Fixed :

Car patrols were not spawning.

Drink actions were broken.

Zeds should definitely stop hitting through walls.

Zeds are now able to effectively chase targets inside buildings.

Bandits would disengage too soon on some occasions.

Recruited survivors would sometimes turn on the player for killing a specific type of bandit.

Fixed all script errors & RPT spam.

New :

Added a music option to the Atmosphere Module.

Added user-defined spawn chances to the Loot Module.

Added new module : Settings module.

Added new module : Ambiant zombies module, allows more control over zombie settings.

Added new module : Zombie horde manual placement.

Added new module : Debug module (WIP).

The "main module" has been replaced by the "survival module".

The Debug module is still very much WIP but already offers some usefull informations :

It only displays some markers for a few modules right now, but hopefully this should help mission makers visualize the effects of said modules, as well as how they behave with each map.

I'll probably work on more debug options tomorrow, since I'm more or less done balancing the ingame mechanics.

Impressive work cosmic! I'm saving this on my HD - it's going to serve as reference once I begin writting documentation for the mod. Thanks mate!