On 2/16/2017 at 1:05 AM, zuzul said:

Hi Haleks,

Some remarks:

+Player Bodies deletion: this is perfect for my mod, but can you provide some details about the distance from alive players and the time before the deletion of the bodies?

+"rvg_owned" is available and "owned" is still working (this comment is aiming mainly the other mission makers) 

+ Rabbits: I've played 5 hours yesterday and I haven't seen any rabbits. They've turned into ninjas (or shall I change my lens?). I'm doing a MP session tonight and will take attention to this point.

+RHS support and limited Vanilla content: a player cannot equip the uniforms from RHS (US and Russian). I don't know why, because this is happening also when I put those uniforms in my additionnal looting script too. I did a workaround by providing vanilla uniforms.

+ Safe zone: the safe zone module did not seems to exclude radiation anymore. I'll conduct more tests to check this point.

For the community: I have done a crate/vehicule items saving script. This little system is done to save the content of vehicule inventory or crate inventory, by adding some scripts in the init of the object in Eden. The main purpose for my missions is to be able to save all the loot we put inside the vehicule and having some loot safes in our base camp, and this is tested only in MP (but it might work in SP). This is completly independant from Ravage and do not interfere with the players saving system used in ravage.

I need to conduct more tests about it, but if someone wants to use it, I'll be happy to provide it here.

I also have begun a "mundane objects" mods, for immersion. Some have already express ideas for scrap metal and electronics parts, I'm trying to find in EDEN some correct 3D models about it. Feel free to PM me if you want something inb particular, I'll try to do it.

Zuzul, is there any way for you to share the loot saving script/addon? This is the only thing preventing my friend and I from truly 10/10 loving this mod. It's 9.8 right now without loot saving ;) lol. So far, I've placed boxes in eden and our loot has saved in the boxes with the normal Ravage MP persistence save. Vehicles we've found on the other hand, they completely disappear when loading :( I would love to use your addon, Zuzul! I'd love to build a small base without eden, using the EDN fortication mod, and having it stay in the same place, and if you ever had that scrap metal addon down, it would be amazing. I wish I knew more of coding and scripting, but alas, I can only make small missions.

• Like 1

@Haleks

Hey, I was cleaning out my video folder and found one that I thought you would get a kick out of.

So, I was riding in the truck that you see in the video and came across two zombies. I decided to run over them, but only killed one. I grazed the first one and apparently I paralyzed him. Unfortunately I lost the first portion of the video where I actually hit them with the truck. You can probably see the other one underneath the truck.

I clipped a section out of the middle where we ran into some renegades, but I wanted to show that the zombie was able to be killed.

Anyway, it was good for a laugh.

http://plays.tv/video/58ae1ef82e6423e7bf/ravage-grazed-zombie-with-my-truck-he-lost-ability-stand

Fire

• Like 2

On 2/9/2017 at 9:58 PM, gwiddik said:

I use a modified version of the Exile mod for survival, loot and persistence and the Ravage mod for  Zeds, NPC, etc.

Gwiddick, how exactly did you use Exile to do this? Would you mind sharing the file or making a little step by step. I love ravage, but I just wish I could get vehicles and tents and everything to stay persistent. I can get loot to stay in boxes I placed down with 3d editor, but nothing else will save. 

@haleks

Great job on the rabbits,man they can move when they want to aye?

Is the human footprint left by them natural Arma3,or a byproduct of your work? :thumbs-up:

If the print lasted longer we may be able to track them lol  Theres an idea for the future maybe,animals who move through foilage and shrubery could disturb it,leaving grass flat(in the same manner the player/AI leave it when prone crawling on it) and allowing us to track them down ;)

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

Is the human footprint left by them natural Arma3,or a byproduct of your work? :thumbs-up:

If the print lasted longer we may be able to track them lol  Theres an idea for the future maybe,animals who move through foilage and shrubery could disturb it,leaving grass flat(in the same manner the player/AI leave it when prone crawling on it) and allowing us to track them down ;)

johnnyboy made a script that does a good job of that ^^   https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/199954-make-trail-of-smashed-down-grass-solved-mini-script/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NecroBarl said:

Gwiddick, how exactly did you use Exile to do this? Would you mind sharing the file or making a little step by step. I love ravage, but I just wish I could get vehicles and tents and everything to stay persistent. I can get loot to stay in boxes I placed down with 3d editor, but nothing else will save. 

It's quite simple..... Ravage delivers the Zeds, AI and the Ambient settings (Dust, Breath, etc.). I don't use any other module coz Exile has everything on board i need. It takes care ot the persistency, loot, missions, traders, bases etc.
It is not possible to share "a file". First, Exiles is based on a MySQL-DB and second my version of Exile is heavily modified to fit my personal requirements. So it would make no sense to publish it. (And to be honest, i'm not done yet... so i wouldn't publish it either way, too.) 

So the best way for you would be becoming familiar with the framework, read the tutorials on the Exile forums and do a lot trial and error. It is not that complicated. If you don't want to use a DB-based framework you have to stay with Ravage and take whatever it delivers. Sorry, that's all i can say. Anything else would take way more time ;)

On 2/16/2017 at 11:05 AM, zuzul said:

+RHS support and limited Vanilla content: a player cannot equip the uniforms from RHS (US and Russian). I don't know why, because this is happening also when I put those uniforms in my additionnal looting script too. I did a workaround by providing vanilla uniforms.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:31 AM, Jimmakos said:

Indeed, mission makers should be aware of something though which i also figured out pretty recently while experimenting on my missions as well.

In order to get all the uniforms (no matter the side) unlocked for your character to wear you have to copy (and paste into your mission) the original character that haleks provide on his Altis demo mission, having a unique classname which right now i'm unable to remember. Having classnames as plain blue "B_Survivor_F" or plain red "O_Survivor_F" survivor or any other classes as playable character it simply won't work, guarantee and tested.

Just wanted to clarify that, as in case people came across with the same "scratchhead" as me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwiddik said:

It's quite simple..... Ravage delivers the Zeds, AI and the Ambient settings (Dust, Breath, etc.). I don't use any other module coz Exile has everything on board i need. It takes care ot the persistency, loot, missions, traders, bases etc.
It is not possible to share "a file". First, Exiles is based on a MySQL-DB and second my version of Exile is heavily modified to fit my personal requirements. So it would make no sense to publish it. (And to be honest, i'm not done yet... so i wouldn't publish it either way, too.) 

So the best way for you would be becoming familiar with the framework, read the tutorials on the Exile forums and do a lot trial and error. It is not that complicated. If you don't want to use a DB-based framework you have to stay with Ravage and take whatever it delivers. Sorry, that's all i can say. Anything else would take way more time ;)

Alright,I figured that's what I should do. I heard that the two mods were incompatible, so I was thinking I had to do some major overhaul or something.Thanks for the response. That just put a lot of new ideas into my head :)

44 minutes ago, NecroBarl said:

Alright,I figured that's what I should do. I heard that the two mods were incompatible, so I was thinking I had to do some major overhaul or something.Thanks for the response. That just put a lot of new ideas into my head :)

No, they are definitely no incompatible. As long as you do not use the Ravage loot-system (which is not working along with Exile) everything should be fine.

To give you at least a little push in the right direction :

1. Set up Exile as described
2. Add all scripts/mods/addons for and to Exile

3. Test the hell out of it.

If everything is running as planned/intended then proceed to step 4. ;)

4. Add the needed Ravage modules 
5. Do a LOT of balancing. Especially if you are planning to use any AI addons like Exile Occupation and/or Exile DMS along with the Ravage AI module (Humans). If you don't balance it, there will be major performance issues and the chance to become overrunned by enemy AI. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NecroBarl said:

Zuzul, is there any way for you to share the loot saving script/addon? This is the only thing preventing my friend and I from truly 10/10 loving this mod. It's 9.8 right now without loot saving ;) lol. So far, I've placed boxes in eden and our loot has saved in the boxes with the normal Ravage MP persistence save. Vehicles we've found on the other hand, they completely disappear when loading :( I would love to use your addon, Zuzul! I'd love to build a small base without eden, using the EDN fortication mod, and having it stay in the same place, and if you ever had that scrap metal addon down, it would be amazing. I wish I knew more of coding and scripting, but alas, I can only make small missions.

To explain:

+ the scripts are to use with Eden and to be called from the init of objects, no "saving on the fly" possible because it isn't fitting my objectives. It also need the use of Indbi2 and therfore are mainly oriented for dedicated servers. It will not cover all your needs I guess.

+  My (really tiny) addon is only for immersion: the items have no scripts around, they are just inventory items with a 3d model attached. No more, no less. The fortification mod is outside my needs and I will not working in this direction. 

So in my opinion Exile might be a better direction for you if you're looking for more persistency and fortifcation. 

38 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

Many thanks! I'll investigated this as soon as possible!

Bug reports on the current version:

+ Refuelling the vehicules when someone is inside is not working: the animation is done right but the vehicule is not refueled. It might be linked to the locality of the vehicule (I guess). The current workaround is to get everynoe out of the vehicule while it is refueled. 

+ Confirm again for the safe zone and black listed modules. I'll see if I can find some clues to help finding the origin of the problem.

42 minutes ago, gwiddik said:

No, they are definitely no incompatible. As long as you do not use the Ravage loot-system (which is not working along with Exile) everything should be fine.

To give you at least a little push in the right direction :

1. Set up Exile as described
2. Add all scripts/mods/addons for and to Exile

3. Test the hell out of it.

If everything is running as planned/intended then proceed to step 4. ;)

4. Add the needed Ravage modules 
5. Do a LOT of balancing. Especially if you are planning to use any AI addons like Exile Occupation and/or Exile DMS along with the Ravage AI module (Humans). If you don't balance it, there will be major performance issues and the chance to become overrunned by enemy AI. 

Sorry for the dumb question, but what is exile providing exactly? I've checked some videos about this mod, but I don't see exactly what it provide to expand the ravage Mod.

Disclaimer : This is my personal opinion.

You are right if it comes to the features. Ravage has loot, weather, a clean-up system, AI etc. Exile has the same. There is not much difference. The difference between both is imho under the hood. Imho Ravage is a perfect mod as long as you are using it for singleplayer missions/campagins and/or small-scale multiplayer missions up to 10 players. But if it comes to more players, a better/more flexible persistency-solution and/or expanding the mod with attachments, you will quickly reach the limits of Ravage.

At this point you need a different platform. Exile offers this platform. It is open, flexible, scalable and expendable. You can add your own stuff when ever you want and you are not forced to wait for the developer. (@Haleks: Please, don't get me wrong ;) ) But on the other hand, it takes a while to become familiar with the framework, you need some coding skills and it takes some time with programming, bugfixing and balancing. Here is another big plus for Ravage. It is convenient and very out of the box. You don't need much knowledge to get a good working, very immersive result.

The reason why i use Ravage in addition to Exile are the Zeds. Exile has not built-in Zeds due to the different story approach and the original game-design. (And tbh i dont like the Ryans Zombie Mod, that is used alot by other servers)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gwiddik said:

Disclaimer : This is my personal opinion.

You are right if it comes to the features. Ravage has loot, weather, a clean-up system, AI etc. Exile has the same. There is not much difference. The difference between both is imho under the hood. Imho Ravage is a perfect mod as long as you are using it for singleplayer missions/campagins and/or small-scale multiplayer missions up to 10 players. But if it comes to more players, a better/more flexible persistency-solution and/or expanding the mod with attachments, you will quickly reach the limits of Ravage.

At this point you need a different platform. Exile offers this platform. It is open, flexible, scalable and expendable. You can add your own stuff when ever you want and you are not forced to wait for the developer. (@Haleks: Please, don't get me wrong ;) ) But on the other hand, it takes a while to become familiar with the framework, you need some coding skills and it takes some time with programming, bugfixing and balancing. Here is another big plus for Ravage. It is convenient and very out of the box. You don't need much knowledge to get a good working, very immersive result.

The reason why i use Ravage in addition to Exile are the Zeds. Exile has not built-in Zeds due to the different story approach and the original game-design. (And tbh i dont like the Ryans Zombie Mod, that is used alot by other servers)

Thanks a lot for your answer. 

Since I'm looking for a small scale MP (4 to 8 players at most) and I don't have the time to go in deep knowledge of scripting Arma, I don't think Exile can provide me any helps.

so.....? can the modules be activated by triggers or not then?or would I be better using ryans zombies?

As far as i know is triggering Ravage modules not possible. 

• Like 1

hmm! ok. just had a realisation too, so I don't think it should matter too much. But for the future having the option to have them activated by a trigger might be a worthwhile idea. 

thanks anyway

• Like 1

Was playing with some friends last night, so I actually had a chance to set up a multiplayer mission for the first time. I was surprised by how easy it actually was, although I placed the spawns too far apart and when we re-spawned we had no weapons, so that was good fun. Plus, each town had something like 20 zombies that made them no-go areas which was cool. Thank god I didn't set them up to be running zombies though.

It's honestly amazing how simple it is to set up a game on a map with Ravage with barely any scripting knowledge. All I need to do is throw down some modules, a few spawn points, tinker for a couple of minutes and that's it.

• Like 4

I like the simplistic approach it has but if you are going more for a story driven mission or anything that requires some sort of techinal knowledge of making specific things happen, I'm finding it a little difficult to mmake things happen they way I want them too. I absolutely love the randomisation of it. Its given my mission a sense of realism. I think my lack of scripting and mission making knowledge is getting the better of me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spookygnu said:

I like the simplistic approach it has but if you are going more for a story driven mission or anything that requires some sort of techinal knowledge of making specific things happen, I'm finding it a little difficult to mmake things happen they way I want them too. I absolutely love the randomisation of it. Its given my mission a sense of realism. I think my lack of scripting and mission making knowledge is getting the better of me.

I will speak a tabletop Game Master: I've played a full zombie campaign over a year with my friends and Ravage is providing me what was missing the most: the stress and the randomness of the potential situations.

With few scripting knowledge, you can accomplish a lot using ravage: I'm currently doing objectives with Sector Modules to create some "missions": on a classic mission the players would have to beat the OPFOR only. In ravage, the OPFOR can have been smashed by zombies or other NPC survivors before the players arrive on site. More to that, the firefight might attract more opponents and create a really messy situation! The randomisation provided by Ravage offers new way of approaching a problem and new ways to solve it : having a car doing circles and honking on a side of a town to attract zombies while the rest of the crew is fighting the bad guys on the opposite part of the town is our next tactical move! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, redarmy said:

@haleks

The footprint is a side effect of the method I use to make them rabbits run. ^^'

I have yet to identify the setting defining what kind of print is left by an entity, once I find it, I should be able to replace it by a more appropriate shape and have them last longer.

Arma still have a lot of mysteries I need to solve! ^^

• Like 4

Where is the facepalm button...the only uniforms that cannot be put by players are RHS OPFOR uniforms. 

@Haleks: isn't your Unlocked Uniforms mod included in Ravage? If not, I will test if it can solve the issue.

18 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Where is the facepalm button...the only uniforms that cannot be put by players are RHS OPFOR uniforms. 

@Haleks: isn't your Unlocked Uniforms mod included in Ravage? If not, I will test if it can solve the issue.

It is, but it's limited to vanilla content.

Best thing to do to solve this :

- Place civilian units as players or playable units.

- Group each one of them to a Blufor unit (or Opfor, or Indep, depends on your mission parameters) and then delete that Blufor unit.

- You now have Blufor units that can wear anything.

• Like 1

Just now, haleks said:

It is, but it's limited to vanilla content.

Best thing to do to solve this :

- Place civilian units as players or playable units.

- Group each one of them to a Blufor unit (or Opfor, or Indep) and then delete that Blufor unit.

- You now have Blufor units that can wear anything.

Thanks for the tip!

I found some RHS pbo in the mod, so I was thinking it was usable with RHS. I did not go throught the entire thread.

Anyway, this is a minor issue for us, so this workaround will be completly enough. THanks a lot for your quick answer!

am I able to combine this mod with ryans zombies. Only because I want to create a specific scenario with the zombies. The ambient AI is perfect for what I want them to do. The randomisation is brilliant. You've done a great job on that. But I would particularly like certain areas to be more infected than others. Unless you can tell me how I can do this with the current modules. hence why I was asking about activating the modules with triggers. That question has already been answered.

thanks

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, spookygnu said:

am I able to combine this mod with ryans zombies. Only because I want to create a specific scenario with the zombies. The ambient AI is perfect for what I want them to do. The randomisation is brilliant. You've done a great job on that. But I would particularly like certain areas to be more infected than others. Unless you can tell me how I can do this with the current modules. hence why I was asking about activating the modules with triggers. That question has already been answered.

thanks

Technically, nothing prevents you from using Ryan's zombies with Ravage (although I can't offer help on how to use them), but Ravage and Ryan's zombies don't like each others. ^^

If you intend to use a mix of both, know that they will attack each others.

You can, however, dynamically increase the max zed numbers with triggers - are you making an SP or MP mission?

• Like 1