Update - Ravage mod Utube Fans Channel

Its been a while since I have updated the channel, only because i had my focus on the latest rebuild of my mod ;)

So here is the latest update to the channel:

Added to How to videos

• Arma 3 Tutorial! How To Get The Zombie mod & More!

Added to Full Playthroughs

• RAVAGE - TANOA - Real Light V7
  • Mad Dog 88 - Custom Ravage Mod test

Added to Mini Episodes

• Mad Dog 88 - TAUNUS RAVAGE

• Arma 3 - Jungle Rot (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Terra di Peste (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Return to Emita (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - The Aliabad Scourge (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Tora Bora Badlands (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Bystrica Funeral Procession (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Dead Winter Moonlight (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - A Desolation Tale (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Industrial Eclipse (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Kulkutauti (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Kellu Contagion (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Ravage - Arma 3 SP Survival.

• Arma 3 - Harnessing Ruin (SP/Ravage Mod)

Added Gameplay Clips

• ArmA 3 Ravage - Gathering Zombie Dogtags

Added Gameplay Previews

• ARMA 3 Ravage MOD walkthrough pt.1 (Test 4K FPS speed)

Other news pertaining to Ravage:

In the new week i will be returning to my research for mods and such to start working on a WarMod for Ravage.

The mod will be called RavWarMod as some of you may know already, I have announced this and talked about this before but i was to busy working on other projects.

Since i have done alot of research already for my most recent latest version of my IFA3WarMod, that creates a template and major stepping stone of getting me closer

to completing a WarMod for Ravage, so it should take me half the time to release the mod, lastly, and soon i will be creating a RavWarMod WIP thread

with that you can get more information on what the mod is about and follow the progress on it.

All for now!

• Like 8

Thanks Gunter! We're not far from 200 videos on Ravage by the looks of it - that's quite impressive...

Awesome news for the RavWarMod, I'm looking forward to see it grow! ;)

• Like 1

Welcome!

Yes we are about 30vids shy of 200, lol but 30vids is like 2 months maybe more of people recording.

None the less the past 3 weeks or less the subs have gone up from like 74 to 81.

I hope hes ok with me sharing this, but I'd like to share a pm i got from Kodabar on Dec 27th, and I'm sure others may be getting similar results,

heres what he said:

I was having a look through my YouTube analytics (which I normally never do) and I found something that may be of interest to you.

Since you started the Ravage channel at the end of August, about 7% of the views of my videos have come through the Ravage channel. That's not bad at all. Keep up the good work!

Kindest regards,

Jonathan

views_zpsvh3241al.jpg

Anyone else getting similar results?

• Like 3

First and foremost, I want to say that I only recently found out about Ravage over the last couple days, and I'm absolutely in love with it! You've definitely done some great work with this mod. Now, I do have a couple questions and I'm hoping I can get some answers in regards to them.

I've downloaded the mod, "Ravage - DayZ in Altis", and have absolutely no problems launching it and running around. My brother will also launch it, and host a COOP version for the two of us to play together on. The spawn selection works, as well as allowing both of us to spawn in with a character that has a very basic container (vest, 98% of the time), as well as a primary weapon and 5 magazines for said weapon. Question One: I can hear everything.. my own shots, zombies, footsteps, his footsteps, ambient music, etc.. However, whenever my brother fires a weapon, or roaming NPC bandits/other survivors fire weapons, I have zero sound on just those shots. Any idea what could be causing this?

Using the RavageTemplate, I decided to try and port Ravage over to Tanoa. I haven't made any tweaks to anything. I loaded the Template, Copied everything, loading the Tanoa Map, Pasted everything, then went about moving stuff around for positioning on the Tanoa map. I then went to the 5 respawns and 1airport spawn markers. I moved them to where I wanted to move them, changed the variable name to respawn_west_one all the way to respawn_west_five for the respawn spots. In Text, I placed the name of the towns where the spawns would be. I kept one Survivor for BluFor on the map, and placed it near one of the spawns. I then attempted to modify its loadout to give it a simple primary weapon, a map, and change its appearance. The custom loadout is saved in the editor, however when I test it through Multiplayer>Host Server>Internet just to toy with it.. immediately upon load it shows the map and where the Survivor marker is. I then get to select my respawn. Screen goes black, loads up the brief little cutscene of Ravage, An Arma 3 Mod by Haleks.. and then I'm nowhere near the spawn point I selected, and I'm a basic Survivor--not the custom loadout spawn that I modified. This is Question Two: How do I get it to not only allow me to spawn in the location that I've chosen, but also with the custom loadout that I set up?

I know there's some tweaking that needs to be done to Description.ext.. I'll paste what mine now looks like:

author = "Haleks, Template by CosmiC10R";
OnLoadName = "Ravaged Tanoa";
overviewPicture = "rvg_vignette.paa";
overviewText = "Tanoa is no longer the ideal vacation spot. What was once a luscious landscape of jungles, bustling ports of trade, and the busy shuffling of the inhabitants going about their lives.. is now a treacherous waste where the only purpose is to survive. The entire location has become overrun by the dead. They aren't the only threat, as there are others fighting for survival as well.. and they won't hesitate to kill you. Welcome to Tanoa..";
loadScreen = "rvg_vignette.paa";
briefing = 0;
//enableDebugConsole = 0;
respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 10;
respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = 1;

What am I doing wrong here? Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Respawning on start will reset your loadout to default for the class, unless you include an onplayerRespawn.sqf, that specifically adds the equipment you want. I think.

1 minute ago, Catchdog64 said:

Respawning on start will reset your loadout to default for the class, unless you include an onplayerRespawn.sqf, that specifically adds the equipment you want. I think.

So, essentially.. if I remove the respawnOnStart = 1; from my Description.ext, then my customized spawning options should work?

1 minute ago, Catchdog64 said:

That or set it -1. I know I've had absolute hell with that feature a time or two.

Awesome. I'll give that a shot here in a little bit. Thanks! Any idea about the sound issues, by chance?

5 hours ago, ShroudOfSelizar said:

question One: I can hear everything.. my own shots, zombies, footsteps, his footsteps, ambient music, etc.. However, whenever my brother fires a weapon, or roaming NPC bandits/other survivors fire weapons, I have zero sound on just those shots. Any idea what could be causing this?

If you are unable to hear gunshots from fellow players or NPC's, either you are not running a required supported mod for the mission you are playing, or players are using different versions of supported mods for said mission. 

If you want to have a consistent MP experience it's important that all connected players are running the same mod-set, and of course, make sure you are running with supported mods required for the mission you are playing.

@Gunter.   Checked my YT analytics thingy....14% of views come through the Ravage channel. :f:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

@Gunter.   Checked my YT analytics thingy....14% of views come through the Ravage channel. :f:

Thats pretty neat, supporting all the fans indirectly, glad i can help!

Havent seen any new vids from you in a while, you working on something with Ravage or just dont have anything you can record right now?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShroudOfSelizar said:

All right, so.. making the suggested adjustments.. I still can't get the spawn system to work. It's really starting to get frustrating.

In order to get the spawn on start to work like you are trying, you might have to write out a onplayerRespawn.sqf. You'll have to add all equipment manually in the sqf, but that should allow you to use the menu position at the start.

7 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Havent seen any new vids from you in a while, you working on something with Ravage or just dont have anything you can record right now?

haha, I'm always tinkering away at something Ravage related.....here is a little bone without much flesh on it, but i'd like to release it someday. (if i ever get round to finishing it)

A horse, a horse, my Kingdom for a horse!! 

• Like 12

On 15-1-2017 at 9:11 PM, T.Cooper said:

Hey really great mod! We've played it with some clanmates with on a local game. We also have a dedicated server, problem is, we use RHS and Iron Front , so it works perfectly on LAN we're able to find these mods equipment and weapons, but if we do it on our dedicated server, the only way to get these weapons is to kill bandits, we can only find A3 vanilla clothes, weapons and ammo.

I can confirm this problem on my side too. Rented a private dedicated server with a couple of friends, and we played on the Escape Tanoa mission (slightly customized, but only the spawn location), and we never saw any weapons in the loot. Only equipment, food, and sometimes a bit of ammo (rarely). Only way to get weapons is by killing other people.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Georilla said:

I can confirm this problem on my side too. Rented a private dedicated server with a couple of friends, and we played on the Escape Tanoa mission (slightly customized, but only the spawn location), and we never saw any weapons in the loot. Only equipment, food, and sometimes a bit of ammo (rarely). Only way to get weapons is by killing other people.

Thanks man, that helped me to pinpoint the issue - it should be fixed in the next update. ;)

• Like 1

On 16.01.2017 at 7:14 PM, Evil Organ said:

haha, I'm always tinkering away at something Ravage related.....here is a little bone without much flesh on it, but i'd like to release it someday. (if i ever get round to finishing it)

A horse, a horse, my Kingdom for a horse!! 

Really nice objects! is it your mod? Like this idea :)

21 minutes ago, Igor Nikolaev said:

Really nice objects! is it your mod? Like this idea :)

Thanks Igor, all the objects and characters are custom compositions i created in EDEN using assets from CUP, Warfarethai and IFA3, the terrain is Kholm by cirav.

• Like 2

On 16/01/2017 at 5:14 PM, Evil Organ said:

I really like this. It's a very interesting alternative to the usual survival scenarios. I hope you find the time and the inclination to develop this further.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hey Ravage fans!

A new WarMod in the works for Ravage, check it out:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/201699-wip-ravwarmod/

Nice one Gunter, sounds like a lot of cool features incoming!

Thanks for your continuous support, it's really something to see a WarMod for Ravage!

43 minutes ago, Caluu66x said:

when is next update due?

It's not due. :P

• Like 6

Maybe he was wondering if you were starting to have labor pains?  Lol

• Like 4

Is there any way to have the map mark the spot where dead AI were killed. I spend so much time hunting down corpses that my AI companions shot, that I want to loot.

Can you tell the AI companions to loot? I am playing single player, so if the debug console is needed, I could try that mod which allows it in SP. Thanks!

And thanks again for this amazing Mod. I just finished my first playthrough of Esseker Single Player and I'm about to dive back in starting over with everything updated and some new mods. Also new SSD :)

• Like 1