Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

New update - 1.48 - Experience? FPS loss

It would seem whatever the 'bandwith' number under the players tab in the map is has something to do with performance in MP clientside (alongside server FPS of course). People who join early on in a fresh mission would appear to have much lower numbers (around 300-500), and anybody who joins later gets higher numbers (usually over 1000, in a mission thats been running for a couple hours some people can have it as high as 2500), and that would appear to be impacting performance greatly depending on which side of the fence you end up on (least from my testing), low numbers gets moar framez and high numbers gets less. Player count seems to factor into this number as well, people who get in there first get lower numbers, others get higher numbers.

Normally I don't have a performance problem on Cherno or the other Arma 2 maps (always have problems on Altis) but today it was in the high 30's. Every single person was commenting how much lower it was today. So yes we run a tonne of mods and its all custom missions but performance is definitely down in our missions, as much as -20 fps.

June 8th they gave us a memory leak and have not fully fixed it. I called for a version revert and start over it was so bad for some players

really need fixes for this kind of bugs quick, else we might loose a lot of people playing this game, coz this kind of bug makes the game unplayable

Give the server address. Where I can receive the maximum FPS? Let's try prove conclusions and judgments about it.

HI everyboy i can confirm this i'm server admin and mission maker since last update we have lose alot of fps and smooth gaming. We run no mods or addons before update the server was full with players up to 32 slots without laggs

now the server gets 10 slots it begins to lagg, first i thought i have a wrong code in my mission, but no i even optimized all my missions they are less big and very simple. BIG BIG FPS DROPS sometimes i play fine on 55 fps as client and 50 fps as server, but then it suddenly drops to 18-25 fps WTF BIS what did you do ????? so i thought ok maybe the last update requires more GPU power so i put all my settings back normal profile, still the same its not hardware related.

So yes there is definitely a big fps lag problem with this update, we cannot play correctly and the server is losing people as the game Arma 3 will quick lose its players if you guys don't fix this !!!!

WTF !!!!!! this is bullshit coming with alot of fixes in the update but for what results ???? a laggy game !!!!

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Give the server address. Where I can receive the maximum FPS? Let's try prove conclusions and judgments about it.

what i can tell after some testing as admin of arma 3 server, its the client who has fps loss, and really a lot of fps like 25-30 fps drop,as i write now, the client has 18-25 fps as the server runs fine at 50fps 1,4Go, this is just not possible, not playable

Confirmed on my server today. I had 10 people tell me they're FPS will randomly drop to 5fps and then come back after 5min, sometimes not coming at all. Server FPS is always at 40-50 fps....something is weird with the 1.48 patch.

lol four pages of bitching before somebody actually takes the initiative and posts a ticket :rolleyes:

1776, is that unmodded? I've seen similar weirdness in Arma 2 every once in a while where all the units glitch up momentarily into their default pose. Not sure what causes it though. Your menus seem unaffected so maybe it's more to do with the network than a local issue.

lol four pages of bitching before somebody actually takes the initiative and posts a ticket :rolleyes:

1776, is that unmodded? I've seen similar weirdness in Arma 2 every once in a while where all the units glitch up momentarily into their default pose. Not sure what causes it though. Your menus seem unaffected so maybe it's more to do with the network than a local issue.

that is an unmodded I&A server ( 119.252.190.118:2882 ). In that situation shown in the video, I'd expect to get ~35 FPS, give or take some depending on view distance, prior to 1.48.

I don't run any client-side mods. Server does not run any mods. Completely vanilla experience, with ~6 server-side scripts running and ~6 client-side scripts running (diag_activeSQFScripts). No detectable SQF script errors on server or client, clean RPT except for its usual spam.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Just for the sake of completeness, how does it compare if you loaded up End Game/Escape from Stratis (basically a default BIS game mode)?

In my dealings with BIS bug tracker, they always try and palm it off on the mission (or mod if you have it loaded - presumably to get rid of tickets as fast as they can), so it would be interesting to see if it craps out on a BIS game mode as well.

What is "End of the game"?! And what such "MOD"?!

"End of the game" - is an opinion ENCORE on good game. Or end of the game?)))

"MOD" - are an opinion of what most of people they want to see game.

Honestly, I will better play with 40 FPS CTI, than with 60 FPS "End of the game".

Compare statistics of serever of Arma and draw a conclusion on interests of people.

http://arma3.swec.se/server/list

Still I can explain why many people still play in Arma2.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

And updating 1.48 is a surprise from BIS for the weekend.

Actually surprise))) http://truba.com/video/0448/447207.mp4

Tell, what official mission from BIS uses all arsenal and garage Arma3 ? What percent of an arsenal and garage is used in mission "End of the game" ?

Come in Arma3 - to play - demonstrations - to choose mission of "NATO", "CSAT" or "AAF". What at you FPS now?

There are good, beautiful and expensive cars, but not all use them. I too do not want that Arma3 would become game which not all play. Why to turn Arma3, with great opportunities, into game with narrow interest?

Edited by Lex__1

I lead a mission night just this past Saturday with 32 people against upwards of 60-70 AI with no performance loss.

Take from that what you will.

I lead a mission night just this past Saturday with 32 people against upwards of 60-70 AI with no performance loss.

Take from that what you will.

who is hosting your game server in aussie? are you running mods? we are currently looking for a rock solid server for our community.

Somewhat more pronounced when riding in a helicopter as passenger.

In dedicated environment:

1. Ride in client-owned helicopter as passenger

2. Go to third person.

3. Look straight up or straight down.

4. Monitor FPS

I don't experience any FPS loss, but sometimes my TrackIR is broken, when i enter to the vehicle. I have to eject and enter again, until it's good. Does anybody experiencing the same?

In latest testing for me. I had only ALiVE, SpookWarCom, and CBA in the ArmA directory and activated. 3 mods. A nearly empty Altis Map with a simple small FOB setup in the Molos Hangar using BIS vanilla objects.

The FPS starts out bad and gets worse. And the graphics either start out bad, or they are super bad to start with and get worse. Everything is very blocky! Parts are blinking in-and-out. Things completely disappear. My guy looks like a Lego Toy. Blocky. Wheels are shaped like stop signs.

I can't even open the Configure Menu to check FPS and test settings. I click all I want and the menu will not open up. How are some people getting a 1FPS gain? Even in full vanilla the FPS is degraded with only a handful of enemy on Altis. I wonder if this is related to FOV or TrackIR somehow?

In latest testing for me. I had only ALiVE, SpookWarCom, and CBA in the ArmA directory and activated. 3 mods. A nearly empty Altis Map with a simple small FOB setup in the Molos Hangar using BIS vanilla objects.

The FPS starts out bad and gets worse. And the graphics either start out bad, or they are super bad to start with and get worse. Everything is very blocky! Parts are blinking in-and-out. Things completely disappear. My guy looks like a Lego Toy. Blocky. Wheels are shaped like stop signs.

I can't even open the Configure Menu to check FPS and test settings. I click all I want and the menu will not open up. How are some people getting a 1FPS gain? Even in full vanilla the FPS is degraded with only a handful of enemy on Altis. I wonder if this is related to FOV or TrackIR somehow?

I had same issues on Altis. Ran MP last night w ALiVE, CBA,and CSAT Modifications w no issues on Stratis.

Altis is a mess. Stratis seems ok.

I don't experience any FPS loss, but sometimes my TrackIR is broken, when i enter to the vehicle. I have to eject and enter again, until it's good. Does anybody experiencing the same?

Look at my signature. It takes the direction you were looking when entering as your new centerpoint... Workarround is, to either pause your TIR or look exactly straight when entering...

Received 1.48 update, in my normal ArmA mod mix 20+ FPS have gone, I have no time to research. For a quick test I restarted Win... tuned view distance, models etc. to lowest, still only 40 fps, sometimes, some more, sometimes dropping to 10 for short while. So I guess some mod may be affected. Significatly.

But also Vanilla ArmA. I am not sure. Empty Altis always delivered me 60 FPS capped. Now it looks a bit unstable...

I know this is not scientifically written by me, I'm not (yet) complaining, haha. My specs see signature.

Hi all, myself and players on our Epoch server are getting their characters glitching and twitching, half in the ground and semi invisible, half the model skin separating and such. We are also getting really severe fps drops to around 5 - 7 frames. The fps drops render the game totally unplayable for the duration of the drop, even on decent rigs, i myself get around 50-60 fps normally.... (nightmare if you're flying when it strikes) the duration of fps drop being anywhere from a minute or two to forcing a relog and try verifying game files on steam. Have had a quick search and cant find a single post, reply or even an acknowledgment from BIS yet on this, it affecting lots of people yet some seem to be totally fine :(

Sawboss

At least the tartan bug is gone :icon_w00t:

Look at my signature. It takes the direction you were looking when entering as your new centerpoint... Workarround is, to either pause your TIR or look exactly straight when entering...

Thank you! Up voted! I hope they will fix it ASAP.

So far pretty horrible FPS comparing to the last build. Specially when PIP is on for some reason. with it off I sometimes gain 30FPS...