Sign in to follow this  
OberSchutze

Task Force 2031 unit modification

Hello all,

We at TF 2031 have had our unit mod on steam for about a month now and apparently people seem to like it so, we are officially introducing it here for two reasons. First we are proud of this mod and what it has done for our realism unit, and two because it has found its way onto PWS and Armaholic and we don't want people using an out of date mod.

Introducing the Task Force 2031 Unit Modification

Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456805331 (For most up to date version just subscribe via steam)

What is inside the box:

Weapons:

M4

M4 GL (M203 Short barrel)

M4 GL (M203 Long barrel)

M4A1

M4A1 GL (M203 Short barrel)

M4A1 GL (M203 Long barrel)

M4A1 GL Magpul (M203 Long barrel)

M4A1 Custom

M4A1 Custom CQB

M16A3

M16A3 GL (M203 Long barrel)

M16A4

M1897 Trenchgun

SCAR L

SCAR H

MK 46

MK 48

M110

M40A5

RPK-74

AKM

AK5C

AK-12

AT-4

M72 LAW

C3 Carl Gustav

RPG-7

M1911A1 Custom (Alpha)

Glock P80

M9

Uniforms, Armor, and Headgear:

OCP BLUFOR style uniform

OCP AAF style uniform

ACU BLUFOR style uniform

OPFOR BLUFOR style uniform

Vests

OCP light plate carrier vest

ACU light plate carrier vest

OPFOR light plate carrier vest

Headgear

OCP Fast Helmet

OCP ECH Helmet

Tan ECH Helmet

20th SFG Berets, Officer and Enlisted

5th Ranger Bn Berets, Tan and Maroon, Officer and Enlisted

160SOAR Maroon Berets, Officer and Enlisted

Credits:

Uniform Retextures - Larson [TF 2031]

Beret Retextures - Larson [TF 2031], Schillemat [TF 2031]

Insignia Patches - Larson [TF 2031], Schillemat [TF 2031]

Weapons - Tigg, Frimenitnet, EricJ, Jack Sparrow [TF 2031]

Animations - HLC, Jack Sparrow [TF 2031]

Play testing - Task Force 2031 realism unit

Consulting - Binkowski [TF 2031], EricJ

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Did you get permission to use the weapons of DICE?

Also a rather incomplete credits section with regard to the sourcing of the majority of weapon textures/models re: Stoke, Sureshot, SHiBaN and Bot - They're just the guy's who signed their textures, so there are probably far more uncredited authors in this release. They may have given you permission to use their works, but I doubt they gave you permission to completely cut them from any credit they're due.

The names added to the credits for the weapons are only the names given with the weapon model download. If there is names I have missed out it's because their names were not included in the readme of the downloaded models.

Edited by Jack2k8

All of the credits are on the steam page next to each rifle being used.

Did you get permission to use the weapons of DICE?

There is no such thing. DICE weapons have been floating around the web, they have been ripped from the game. Their use within this particular community is frown upon to say the least

I created only the uniform portion. From what I understand where Jack got the weapon models from was a free domain site. And as a further note, did you all receive permission from Colt, HK, and every other weapon and accessory manufacture to use their likeness in your mods? Last I checked those roll marks and markings are all trademarked items and you all are infringing upon them as well.

I created only the uniform portion. From what I understand where Jack got the weapon models from was a free domain site. And as a further note, did you all receive permission from Colt, HK, and every other weapon and accessory manufacture to use their likeness in your mods? Last I checked those roll marks and markings are all trademarked items and you all are infringing upon them as well.

*Ahem*. I'm pretty sure using the logo without making any money is classified under Fair Use. I do know that RHS and such had to remove logos in order to be able to compete in MANW. However if you just straight rip weapons from a game with no permission from the developer, I'm pretttttty sure that is illegal. I dunno.

I created only the uniform portion.

you created a thread which contains more than the uniform portion, which means your argument is invalid.

From what I understand where Jack got the weapon models from was a free domain site.

the fact that it is free doesn't mean it isn't ripped. you can also get movies, games, software from similar "free domain websites", but this doesn't make them legal either.

And as a further note, did you all receive permission from Colt, HK, and every other weapon and accessory manufacture to use their likeness in your mods?

Last I checked those roll marks and markings are all trademarked items and you all are infringing upon them as well.

are you talking to someone in particular here? as in RHS? Have you heard of fair use?

before you have the nerve to compare representation of trademarks with using someone else's work that have been ripped and shared on the net (by yourself or someone else), you might wanna read this;

http://www.pillsburylaw.com/siteFiles/Publications/AlertAugust2013IPEvolvingCaseLawontheFairUseofFamousTrademarksinVideoGames.pdf?__hstc=237732575.a4e5da7705e0b3bb1ea5cb8929470d7b.1396324435053.1396324435053.1396324435053.1&__hssc=237732575.3.1396324435055&__hsfp=1756390696

and that is for commercial work in itself, which modding isn't.

two more things here:

1. Read rule 19 of these boards:

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

http://forums.bistudio.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

2. You are in conflict with steam eula, section 6.D.

D. Representations and Warranties

You represent and warrant to us that you have sufficient rights in all User Generated Content to grant Valve and other affected parties the licenses described under A. and B. above or in any license terms specific to the applicable Workshop-Enabled App or Workshop page. This includes, without limitation, any kind of intellectual property rights or other proprietary or personal rights affected by or included in the User Generated Content. In particular, with respect to Workshop Contributions, you represent and warrant that the Workshop Contribution was originally created by you (or, with respect to a Workshop Contribution to which others contributed besides you, by you and the other contributors, and in such case that you have the right to submit such Workshop Contribution on behalf of those other contributors).

You furthermore represent and warrant that the User Generated Content, your submission of that Content, and your granting of rights in that Content does not violate any applicable contract, law or regulation.

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Edited by PuFu

For some reason, the credits were stripped from the armaholic page. Here is the correct list from the STEAM workshop page;

==============================================================================

This is the unit mod pack for the TF2031 Realism Unit

TF 2031 Primary Weapons Mod V1.0.1.2 D (Jack Sparrow);

------------------------------------------------------------

Contains a handful of weapons for the TF2031 Realism Group.

Early WIP, still has bugs.

Weapons include;

M4 - (All M4's by Tigg)

M4 GL (M203 Short barrel)

M4 GL (M203 Long barrel)

M4A1

M4A1 GL (M203 Short barrel)

M4A1 GL (M203 Long barrel)

M4A1 GL Magpul (M203 Long barrel)

M4A1 Custom

M4A1 Custom CQB

M16A3

M16A3 GL (M203 Long barrel)

M16A4

M1897 Trenchgun - (Created by Divesh Deusion Jagger)

SCAR L - (Created By DICE, Battlefield 3)

SCAR H - (Created By DICE, Battlefield 3)

MK 46 - (BIS Arma 2, got from EricJ)

MK 48 - (Created By DICE, MOH 2011)

M110 - (Created By DICE, MOH 2011)

M40A5 - (Created By DICE, Battlefield 4)

RPK-74 - (Created by BOOLY)

AKM - (Created by Frimenitnet)

AK5C - (Created By DICE, Battlefield 4)

AK-12 - (Created By DICE, Battlefield 4)

AT-4 - (Got from EricJ)

M72 LAW - (Created by Treyarch, Call of Duty : Black Ops)

C3 Carl Gustav - (BIS Arma 2, got from EricJ)

RPG-7 - (Created By DICE, Battlefield 4)

M1911A1 Custom (Alpha) - (Created By Kojima, MGS 3)

Glock P80 - (Created by Thanez)

M9 - (Created By DICE, Battlefield 4)

M4 Patriot - (M4 by Tigg, C-Mag by EricJ)

Thanks to EricJ for the help and templates!

TF2031 Uniform Mod (Larson);

-------------------------------------------------

Contains the uniforms and combat wear items used with the Task Force 2031 Realism Community.

Uniforms:

OCP BLUFOR style uniform

OCP AAF style uniform

ACU BLUFOR style uniform

OPFOR BLUFOR style uniform

Vests

OCP light plate carrier vest

ACU light plate carrier vest

OPFOR light plate carrier vest

Headgear

OCP Fast Helmet

OCP ECH Helmet

Tan ECH Helmet

20th SFG Berets, Officer and Enlisted

5th Ranger Bn Berets, Tan and Maroon, Officer and Enlisted

160SOAR Maroon Berets, Officer and Enlisted

More to come.

==========================================

You now need all files together to work.

==========================================

Known issues;

AT4 can be reloaded

A weapon config error pops up when selecting the GL variants but no error actually occurs.

M4 Masterkey has GL sounds

Error message on pistol, not an issue just pops up.

---------- Post added at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

All credits given were the names that were included in the model files. I always try to always give credit where credit is due.

This mod was a trial by myself to see if I could do it. It was never intended to go on here but when It went on steam for the unit to get access, it suddenly got noticed and ended up on play with six and armaholic without us even knowing. Since it was already on here, we decided to put a post in the forums about it.

I only made it for fun / the unit, not for a major release and I am still not sure if I even want it out for everyone to use as it isn't even 100% yet. Its still needing alot of work.

Edited by Jack2k8

You do realize that you CAN NOT use models from BF3/4 or any other game in Arma 3 without permission from the original authors? And I highly doubt you got that.

While I'm sure no harm was intended, the better course of action would be to remove this "official" thread and mod offering and disavow those who are posting your community's pack without permission. I get that you don't want people playing with an out of date mod, but the copyright and Eula Issues here pretty much demand that you keep it to yourself.

I will not be updating this mod for a week or so due to work.

Next update will consist of mainly ammo balancing, recoil adjustment, attachment alignment and some scaling of weapons.

Got some new, better SCAR models, along with a nice custom P90 and a pistol (cant remember what it is). Also some attachments are in there too but I have not gone through the files.

These models were purchased and have very nice textures included. When I get them in the editor, I will upload pictures. I have started on some balancing for the ammo, to be honest, they will not be much different to EricJ's since they work fine. I will next be adjusting the positions of the attachments so they line up better with the weapon rails.

I will post more info when I get further along.

Well to be fair the work is originally Spartan0536's, so other than my tweaks for various weapons the work was done by him.

Ok, Ill make sure his name is in the credits on the next update.

Closing due to the following rule breaking:

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.