Cype_Revenge

[WIP] Terrain Diyala province Iraq

I'm trying to join this server and it keeps saying my JBad signature doesn't match. I've re-subscribed in steam workshop.

How can I fix this?

Good day i'm updating the server to the ny JBad mod now, It was updated yesterday. it will be up in some hours. Thanks for your dedication.

This map is absolutely fantastic.   I love the little bits you placed everywhere.  Such detail really makes it look like a "real" place.

PM inbound.

I answered you pm inbound :D

This map is soooo fu***** awesome, the details,the terrain, amazing. We played yesterday out first mission there.

Thank you so much for taking your time to create this map. 

The only request i have, if valid, is there a second runway execpt for the main airport ? it would be nice if theres somewhere a airstrip for the bad guys.  

nice pics i like it!

its a bit unreal on 8x8 km two Airfields....

let me see what i can do...

I am working on the first Update, about the fps issue i deleted ~80.000 Palms and Bushes.

A guy from the Aliveteam is working on indexing it, and now remains only on my list the River :D

Thanks guys

• Like 7

I've been going through some of my maps, and just looked at Lost Island last night. I really liked the attention to detail for terrain contours, and the same attention to detail is true here on Diyala as well, with far more objects and vegetation placed. It's really brilliant. The ponds and irrigation canal are particularly amazing to me, b/c when I first came to Arma 3, people were lamenting the lack of and difficulty in implementing non-ocean bodies of water.

On the terrain texture (?), there are a lot of green rectangles and rectangles marked out with shadows of crop rows. I am asking merely for information, not to rush you: Is it on your future plans list to add crops as vegetation/ground cover on those fields?

Love both your maps!

Incredible map! Well done!

The only thing I'd like to point out is that I'm not having any dust kicked up from driving vehicles offroad which sucks for immersion since there is so much desert and dirt everywhere. Need moar dust pls! :)

• Like 2

I'm trying to join this server and it keeps saying my JBad signature doesn't match. I've re-subscribed in steam workshop.

How can I fix this?

Hi, so the server is up and you are welcomed to join it, if you see at Arma 3 launcher when you choose mods that it's Required 2 mods, but @jbad is not loaded unidentified doesn't mean that you cant jone the server, as long that you have the jbad mod in your arma 3 folder and diyala map you will enter the server.  In additional it will say as loaded jbad. Why its say signature does not match, i don't know.

I am working on the first Update, about the fps issue i deleted ~80.000 Palms and Bushes.

A guy from the Aliveteam is working on indexing it, and now remains only on my list the River :D

A performance improvement will be much appreciated, thanks for your work on this Cype_Revenge.

Did you entertain the possibility of using the improved sea shader for the river instead of pond objects? On maps that use this for rivers, with reflections going it looks absolutely amazing.  

On the terrain texture (?), there are a lot of green rectangles and rectangles marked out with shadows of crop rows. I am asking merely for information, not to rush you: Is it on your future plans list to add crops as vegetation/ground cover on those fields?

Love both your maps!

Lost Island was my first project a fictional terrain only created ,how to learn Terrainmaking.....

What you mean with this rectangles?

can you upload a picture to imgur and send me the link on a pm?

Incredible map! Well done!

The only thing I'd like to point out is that I'm not having any dust kicked up from driving vehicles offroad which sucks for immersion since there is so much desert and dirt everywhere. Need moar dust pls! :)

need to check...its only a config issue maybe i forgott to add a surface. :mellow:

A performance improvement will be much appreciated, thanks for your work on this Cype_Revenge.

Did you entertain the possibility of using the improved sea shader for the river instead of pond objects? On maps that use this for rivers, with reflections going it looks absolutely amazing.  

The idea is to create a River with a dirt water,

yeah i know i need to do something...

@autigergrad

i got an error on your mission, (SpyderAddons Sup_recruit no longer exists)

downloaded the last from Workshop and launched, maybe you have another version?

@autigergrad

i got an error on your mission, (SpyderAddons Sup_recruit no longer exists)

downloaded the last from Workshop and launched, maybe you have another version?

I just tested and didn't get any issue.  Maybe try redownloading?

I Used this map for a side op really amazing work new favorite eastern map   :)

• Like 1

thanks tomditch

@autigerard

i got it, for some reason it has not loaded correctly only this addon...

redownloaded and now it's good ;)

I tried this wonderful map on RC 1.60 today and no matter what I do water is black hole black whenever I get over 100-200 meters away from it. Is that a known issue, does it come with the new reflections or is my download of the terrain borked? I tried disabling reflections, but it didn't help either.

Haven't been on the forum for a month or two, and saw the new RHS update on FB so figured I'd swing by... AND HOLY FUCKING SHIT AM I GLAD I DID!!! Thank you for release @Cype_Revenge, been looking forward to this map for a long time! Iraq baby, yeah!

Okay, now someone make a Kiowa mod and my life will be complete ;)

I tried this wonderful map on RC 1.60 today and no matter what I do water is black hole black whenever I get over 100-200 meters away from it. Is that a known issue, does it come with the new reflections or is my download of the terrain borked? I tried disabling reflections, but it didn't help either.

need to test it with te last dev build, River texture its on my list and i change it in the first  Update.

Haven't been on the forum for a month or two, and saw the new RHS update on FB so figured I'd swing by... AND HOLY FUCKING SHIT AM I GLAD I DID!!! Thank you for release @Cype_Revenge, been looking forward to this map for a long time! Iraq baby, yeah!

Okay, now someone make a Kiowa mod and my life will be complete ;)

you missed the release :D

How goes the ALiVE indexing? (no pressure)

My best guess is the ALiVE index will actually come from an ALiVE update and not a Diyala update. It's currently listed on ALiVE's dev github as something that needs to be done.

I have a mission set up just waiting for the index. :) I've got bases and some ambient sounds (that I probably need to keep working on) and markers and everything all ready to go for the day that happens.

I can't wait. This map is special.

• Like 1

Because the pbos is obfuscated it will likely require cype to provide the indexing to alive as I believe it needs to unwrapped for indexing...

I think...

Insurgency with alive is going to be fantastic on this map

• Like 1

i am in contact with the Alive Team, they do it for me.

My best guess is the ALiVE index will actually come from an ALiVE update and not a Diyala update. It's currently listed on ALiVE's dev github as something that needs to be done.

I have a mission set up just waiting for the index. :) I've got bases and some ambient sounds (that I probably need to keep working on) and markers and everything all ready to go for the day that happens.

I can't wait. This map is special.

Yeah its on Github, i am working on my Update and when its done i send the first copy to the Alive Team.

Because the pbos is obfuscated it will likely require cype to provide the indexing to alive as I believe it needs to unwrapped for indexing...

I think...

Insurgency with alive is going to be fantastic on this map

correct cosmic10r :)

• Like 5

As other maps, with 1.60 sky is black...guess a hotfix is on schedule, right?  :D  :P

f*ck those visual upgrades its just shi**ing up the game :angry: :angry: .

• Like 1

Its just a matter of the map devs updating the lighting inheritance I believe..

there is a short term fix in the mean time in Dev branch thread by Using Metal Crazes cup lighting mod and adding a few lines to it...

• Like 1

I thought I'll finish up now with the update before 1.60 running out...

Diyala gets a completely new River and Ponds! (a lot of work)

All other Updates are done, i give you an Update as soon as possible :)

• Like 17