@flax_ can you post some images here or pm them to me with the differences of shades you are seeing? We use the same MTP camo pattern across the range, so the differences are likely due to the different .rvmats or a .smdi or a dirt layer. I can try and adjust them to make them appear closer in colours.

Just a heads-up.  We appear to have a bug with the vests, they currently offer as much protection as a wet paper bag.

We'll push a hotfix ASAP

Small bugs aside we're REALLY pleased with the feedback we're getting both here, on Steam and within our own Unit... So I guess it's time for my normal Plea. I do this after every release, and tbh it doesn't tend to have much effect. But I live in hope that there is someone out there suitably inspired.

SO...

Doing these mods takes a LONG time. The modding team proper (I'm just a mascot and general "annoying ideas" guy) are really small, no more than a handful really.  We take our time and try to get things right first time out, which as you know means long periods of development, testing, more development, and more testing till we're 99.9% sure it's ready. And we're also absolute sticklers for quality... no slap dash ports here thank-you-very-much ;-)

We're grateful to all the support we get from other teams, and likewise anyone who knows us, understands how much time and help we give back by way of coding support or reciprocal sharing of assets etc. But our own Mods would move a lot faster if we had dedicated help.....

We-Need-You.jpg

So who are we looking for: Primarily we need Texture artistsAnimators and Modelers. We have real experts who can do all the nasty coding and config work. But we have limited resource on getting the actual finished models. People who can produce authentic looking models and textures or animation  / rigging fiends. All welcome.

Why is that important: Pretty much every request we get both internally and externally is for new kit. Or for Kit that looks more modern or Period accurate. That's just not possible without good models to base it on; and we've just about stretched the limit on what's already available out there in A1/A2/Community land. Then we have to get it looking right, with awesome textures, in game and moving right...

So why would you want to Join us: We're really lucky to have some seriously skilled people who can get your creations into the game. We do this in a really social-able non competitive environment and have become great friends in learning how to get the best out of the engine we have. Apart from one team member, none of the guys had any modding or game development skills before they started and I would say in the short time they've been developing our packs; they have really got good at what they do. We can help bring you along on that Journey. 

What we are not: We're not a modding school. They just don't have time to teach people how to mod. What we need is people who are already good/fairly advanced at the skill they bring and who are looking for that next step. I.e. Getting the asset into game. This is where we really shine and can help coach and support.

But I don't want to play as British Royal Marines: Ideally we'd love it for people to join us properly and play with the kit we produce, that's the main reason we do it... To have a great crack with large coops and TvTs running around in MTP/DPM whatever... BUT we have people who collaborate with us who are not playing members so don't be put off by the "must join the unit" perception. That's effectively secondary to how the team work.

So how do I get in touch: Just send us a PM. Lifetap is the "manager" of the team and co-ordinates all the resources to ensure we get the best results. But feel free to speak to any of the familiar 3CB user names you see popping up on the threads. Alternatively we're active most nights on the TS: voice.3commandobrigade.com

So that's me for another round... I'll copy paste this into the other pack releases, so forgive the repeats.  

Please keep the screen shots and video's coming, we love to see how you're using the kit and if anyone spots any other oddities - please let us know.

Cheers

SJ

• Like 2

Hi Guys, Love what you all do with your mods. They look amazing. Im not sure if this is the right place or right time to ask but here goes if it is. For your next update would it be possible to include a Royal Welsh berret (with * without the Hackle) & also the R. Welsh insignia for the uniforms with 12th Armoured insignia for the uniforms. Many thanks in advance

@pipyn1970  yes, I'll add it to the backlog for  the next release.  Can you provide an image of the badge, so we get the correct one.

• Like 1

@lifetap, im unsure how to paste the images i have for the cap badge & insignia mate

@pipyn1970

Upload the image to imgur.com (free, no registration).

Paste the link created in imgur between tags, like this (except remove the spaces after the square brackets):

[ img]link[ /img]

@flax_ can you post some images here or pm them to me with the differences of shades you are seeing? We use the same MTP camo pattern across the range, so the differences are likely due to the different .rvmats or a .smdi or a dirt layer. I can try and adjust them to make them appear closer in colours.

Sure thing, will do asap once I get home from work.

@flax_  don't worry about the images, we found and fixed the issue.  It'll be included in the hotfix

As will the fix for the "sling helmet"

• Like 1

Im in love with the new DPM and DDPM, soo bloody amazing!

• Like 2

The hotfix for the messed armour values (BIS altered the inheritance slightly) will be coming very soon. The Reddit answer is slightly incorrect. We've released it internally just to run some quick tests tonight. It should be then released to the community. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 4

Wonderful work with the updates! I look forward to getting back into making missions with these mods once i get my PC fixed. I noticed you've included UN berets do you have any plans for UN Helmets and a UN TRF for the uniforms? :)

Is it possible to reduce the minimum range on the 60mm mortar. It is very strange that the range is only between 700-1500 meters. As you can see from this video at 5m5s:

https://youtu.be/Bmcdy-_8p6Q?t=5m5s

They are using the mortar at a range of about 100-200 meters. 

At such a high minimum range it becomes more of just a normal mortar which is not what a 60mm is supposed to be.

Is it possible to reduce the minimum range on the 60mm mortar. It is very strange that the range is only between 700-1500 meters. As you can see from this video at 5m5s:

https://youtu.be/Bmcdy-_8p6Q?t=5m5s

They are using the mortar at a range of about 100-200 meters. 

At such a high minimum range it becomes more of just a normal mortar which is not what a 60mm is supposed to be.

On Charge 0 you can hit 200m which admittedly is above the spec'd 70m minimum range but still makes an awesome light fire support weapon.

@jayman9696 press F when in the mortar to switch charges

Beware at 200m (with @ACE) your gunner may well see a piece of his own shrapnel.

@jayman9696 press F when in the mortar to switch charges

Beware at 200m (with @ACE) your gunner may well see a piece of his own shrapnel.

I was just messing around with the 60mm mortar-is that the small one you wear on your shoulder like a launcher? I couold not figure out at all how to change the range or aim with it.I got it set up and fired off a few shells, but maybe you could explain to me how to range and aim it? :D

In testing we've been peppered with shrapnel from some crazy distances before so as Lifetap says be careful. In that video it looked like 250 m not 100-200 that would have Been stupid close to drop them