Ok, i got an awesome idea to take this mod to the next level  B)

!INFECTED ANIMALS!

Just imagine to be chased by a horde of crazy cows in the dark woods, or dogs or goats! :wub:

i must have done something wrong but when i use from the modules the gamelogic (zombies) and the spawner they dont seem to work

When blufor is present nothing happens , only always-spawn seems to work

And the deletion module makes the zombies vanish regardless if i (blufor) is present in the given radius

Weird thing is that it happens when a few zombies are killed

But again i might approach the wrong method , hope u can help me out

thx

Here is a teaser clip for part 4 of Day Of The Dead.

Unfortunately we couldn't finish the mission as the server kept crashing with whatever conflict Zombies & Demons has with 1.54. So we have to put the rest of the campaign on the back burner at least until 1.56. Either way still loads of fun while it lasts.

Well I can say I'm as happy as a Pig in sh*t. 1.56 seems to at least upon initial testing fixed the server crashing from Ryan Zombies.

I dropped in about 12 hordes of zombies (so yeah really stressed out or server) along with probably another 12-13 fire teams for Opfor and Indi to fight it out and although we dropped some frames on the server the Zombies were responsive. Hunted their targets and best of all didn't crash the server.

So back to bug reporting. I've noticed when you have ACE enabled AI players take an absolute sh*t tonne of hits, in fact a 4 man fire team of guys can safely kill 2 hordes on their own while being struck at.

Now I know most peoples missions won't have Zombies attacking AI with ACE enabled, but it might be something to look at with an update.

I will report there is no issue with Zombies attacking players with ACE enabled they cut through players with a couple of strikes. So no need for work there.

Hey just saying love the mod, huge help for some stuff im running

Im having and issue with ACE and its interaction, for some reason the zombies are doing vanilla damage, is there a way to set this up mission wise somewhere midway through this thread? Or possibly 1.56 has somehow broken how it interacts?

Many thanks

Hey just saying love the mod, huge help for some stuff im running

Im having and issue with ACE and its interaction, for some reason the zombies are doing vanilla damage, is there a way to set this up mission wise somewhere midway through this thread? Or possibly 1.56 has somehow broken how it interacts?

Many thanks

1.56 could definitely have broken the ACE function. I haven't tested it yet.

Are you running ACE on the server you're playing on as well? or is this singleplayer?

Im using it on the multiplayer editor having tried both advanced and simple ACE Medical. Zombies do vanilla damage (so hitpoint damage) but no ACE damage

Hello guys first up  awesome mod. :218:

Would any of you kindly help me step for step on how to have zombies spawn as the player moves around the map. I understand some of how do it and then i get confused, not really a scripting person but can copy and paste and get things working sometimes :)

So these are the things I need help with please:

• random spawn of zombi's as a player moves
  • random spawn amount - intensity
  • random types of zombi (I know the mix zombi module - I am not sure if this is the way to go)
  • I don't mind it being a script

Thank you if anyone can help.

Many thanks, i didnt notice the bug tracker the first time, I submitted the feedback as it gave a better explanation, thanks so much for fixing it.

Now to eagerly (but patiently) await your next awesome update :)

If i place the module and have AI´s around

and starts shooting at the zombies, my OWN

AI´s shoot at me...

What am i doing wrong...?

Maybe some tutorial....

• Like 1

If i place the module and have AI´s around

and starts shooting at the zombies, my OWN

AI´s shoot at me...

What am i doing wrong...?

Maybe some tutorial....

Just look at ArmA basic editor tutorials.

I assume that the zombies are independent and you are blufor and independent is set to be friendly with blufor?

how many bullets do it takes to kill a slow zombie when you set the Zombie Health Module to Weakest and Spawn Game Logic Easier Zombie supposed to ? I spend almost a half mag to kill a single zombie i in 35m distance, is this normal for weakest health ? Using ACE 3.4.2 and 1.56 version.

how many bullets do it takes to kill a slow zombie when you set the Zombie Health Module to Weakest and Spawn Game Logic Easier Zombie supposed to ? I spend almost a half mag to kill a single zombie i in 35m distance, is this normal for weakest health ? Using ACE 3.4.2 and 1.56 version.

1.56 and ACE breaks the zombies for some reason. The health module no longer works. :S

Are you using the Eden editor to make your missions? Because almost no mod modules work in the 3d editor.

We've been playing around with some zombie missions lately without any problems. However while we do use ACE and 1.56 we don't use the health module (be a man take them as the mod designer intended) XD

Are you using the Eden editor to make your missions? Because almost no mod modules work in the 3d editor.

We've been playing around with some zombie missions lately without any problems. However while we do use ACE and 1.56 we don't use the health module (be a man take them as the mod designer intended) XD

Our modules that I've tested all worked fine in Eden.

Regarding the ACE damage and the health module..well it's a CBA-caused problem.

The background story;

Synced up with the Eden editor, CBA did an update where they rewritten a lot of their XEH, e.g. they're using the Bohemia-introduced nested eventhandler system now.

This is a good thing because it makes ACE3 and other mods w/ eventhandlers compatible with eachother. However, that has essentially made the zombies (which previously weren't compatible/handled with/by ACE at all) ACE compatible.

The result is that damage done to zombies is now being handled by ACE, and the zombies have like 5-20x more armor than regular humans, which may seem odd but to counter that we apply base damage upon initialization of each zombie. (if you have the health module set to 'weakest', then zombies will spawn and have their damage set to 97% (a hardcoded value), by default its 70% damage, 'strong' = 50% damage @ start, etc)

Now ACE ofcourse expects a human with normal 'human' armor values. And probably works with those armor values along with other multipliers to adjust the damage for someone with the armor levels equivalent to three Juggernaut suits.

Now I won't spill all the beans about how the zombie mod works but I'll try and find out a way to prevent the zombies from being handled by ACE.

Also, if you want the damage to be what it was, downgrade CBA back to 2.2...or wait for us to release an update ^^

Kind regards,

Sanchez

yes I'm using Eden Editor and ACE,  somehow I can't open my old mission anymore so I have to make new one. You know even my mate using LMG the zombie still stand like a juggernaut deflecting bullet, also I often see some zombie can unconsious after I took it down and he standing back again, maybe because of ACE :p

Our modules that I've tested all worked fine in Eden.

Regarding the ACE damage and the health module..well it's a CBA-caused problem.

The background story;

Synced up with the Eden editor, CBA did an update where they rewritten a lot of their XEH, e.g. they're using the Bohemia-introduced nested eventhandler system now.

This is a good thing because it makes ACE3 and other mods w/ eventhandlers compatible with eachother. However, that has essentially made the zombies (which previously weren't compatible/handled with/by ACE at all) ACE compatible.

The result is that damage done to zombies is now being handled by ACE, and the zombies have like 5-20x more armor than regular humans, which may seem odd but to counter that we apply base damage upon initialization of each zombie. (if you have the health module set to 'weakest', then zombies will spawn and have their damage set to 97% (a hardcoded value), by default its 70% damage, 'strong' = 50% damage @ start, etc)

Now ACE ofcourse expects a human with normal 'human' armor values. And probably works with those armor values along with other multipliers to adjust the damage for someone with the armor levels equivalent to three Juggernaut suits.

Now I won't spill all the beans about how the zombie mod works but I'll try and find out a way to prevent the zombies from being handled by ACE.

Also, if you want the damage to be what it was, downgrade CBA back to 2.2...or wait for us to release an update ^^

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Glad to hear that ^^ Looking forward on it keep awesome dev xD

The ACE damage issue/health module not working properly has been fixed.

Thanks a lot to jokoho482 and commy2 for narrowing down the CBA problem and providing a workaround (& soon an incorporated one).

Kind regards,

Sanchez

ok got this mod updated since 2 point something and im confused, some of the modules have been removed. 
and there is a spawn module but no waypoint module. neither do the zombies or whatever actually roam about by themselves.

and would have been nice to have a proximity module, so it spawns around the player at said radius and on the move it deletes zombies out of the area and creates new ones. think its called caching or something.

anyone? 

ok got this mod updated since 2 point something and im confused, some of the modules have been removed. 

and there is a spawn module but no waypoint module. neither do the zombies or whatever actually roam about by themselves.

and would have been nice to have a proximity module, so it spawns around the player at said radius and on the move it deletes zombies out of the area and creates new ones. think its called caching or something.

anyone? 

We removed no modules. I think you're looking for gamelogics. On Eden that's the icon on the left when you press F7.

Also, one could technically create a proximity module with the modules we currently have. You can use the command attachTo to attach the 'spawner' module to the player. And additionally you can place the delete module to delete zombies that are 100m-200m-etc away from any humans. :P

The ACE damage issue/health module not working properly has been fixed.

Thanks a lot to jokoho482 and commy2 for narrowing down the CBA problem and providing a workaround (& soon an incorporated one).

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Has this been updated? just checking.

Has this been updated? just checking.

Not yet. Soonâ„¢ 

We removed no modules. I think you're looking for gamelogics. On Eden that's the icon on the left when you press F7.

Also, one could technically create a proximity module with the modules we currently have. You can use the command attachTo to attach the 'spawner' module to the player. And additionally you can place the delete module to delete zombies that are 100m-200m-etc away from any humans. :P

ooo could you give me an example code? 

is it simply.... modulename attachto playername 

and can do the same for the delete module? 

or is the game logics better :) 

ah ive just noticed that you cant customize the radius the zombies spawn in. they always spawn ON the module/logic and they all spawn together. 

maybe if you could make a simple spawner that spawns the selected type of enemies in a X radius chosen by player. 

so they are all bunched out randomly and another module to make them wonder about on there own :D

just a little idea