Drifter

Southern Waziristan (FATA), Pakistan [WIP]

Check out my new combat trailer! This showcases a few new additions. I heavily modified, changed and added new areas in the Western region, were a majority of the map is basically finished.

I will be releasing another trailer, for those that want a sight seeing cinematic.

Edited by Drifter

Yes, A clafghan remake!? Dude cant wait, if you need any help testing, Just say the word!!! ;)

Yes, A clafghan remake!? Dude cant wait, if you need any help testing, Just say the word!!! ;)

I guess their are some relations to CLAfghan, the hills and mountains are not as tall, but does have the same looks. I would say this a mix between CLAfghan and PR_FATA. And if I do end up testing or anything, I have a dedicated 32 player public modded server I run for my unit, we may do some public testing on there once I get more of the terrain finished, If I do I will announce it on here and most likely my release thread once I get it public. Everyone will be invited to join in on the fun when that time comes around. :)

Good news, now that I got my 1stRB re-texture pack updated and hopefully fixed, I should be able to start pumping out updates and more photos of this terrain, now that I got nothing addon related in my way. :)

Good news, now that I got my 1stRB re-texture pack updated and hopefully fixed, I should be able to start pumping out updates and more photos of this terrain, now that I got nothing addon related in my way. :)

cant wait to see whats new so far it looks really good hope to see more soon

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been busy lately with my unit. Here is a few pictures of the new areas that are Work In Progress in Buldozer.

Update: New pictures / Once I'm finished with the West side of the map I will release the Beta version to the public for testing and playing.

W5nhfvG.jpg

TtG5fsR.jpg

raSkrQw.jpg

bhBuKp8.jpg

jJNcR1w.jpg

8eUQALy.jpg

Bx9d3hV.jpg

pk6zlpd.jpg

HTdPvNC.jpg

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I will... "attempt" to stream me working on the terrain in approximately 5-10 minutes. Basically I will just be in Terrain Builder and Buldozer with some music playing in the background. I am doing this just show you guys the progress, since I haven't been uploading many pictures, I'm not sure how long I will be streaming for... so if anything I will announce when I stop streaming. Also don't expect the best quality and streaming, my internet is not the fastest nor recommended for streaming at around 1080p.

Twitch.tv account - http://www.twitch.tv/akdrifter

Maybe throw in some recommendations in the comments and I can give it a shot, also I am working off a real life SAT map for those new people viewing this terrain.

Stream done, having a few internet issues had to cut it early.

So far, a beta release will be here soon. I plan the first release sometime next week depending on the rate of speed I go.

• Like 2

Ran around it very quickly, nice work!

Didn't get that 'small fuel tank' error normally associated with maps that require AiA, how did you fix that?

This is looking like the go to map for small skirmishes in that part of the world :)

Ran around it very quickly, nice work!

Didn't get that 'small fuel tank' error normally associated with maps that require AiA, how did you fix that?

This is looking like the go to map for small skirmishes in that part of the world :)

Thanks! Great to hear some good feedback, this terrain does not require AiA, it only requires JBAD_Buildings  :D

Hey Drifter - had a quick fly around the new Map... Looking good excited to see how this turns out. Couple of comments from me, is there anyway of adding footpaths between dwellings, it often seems like houses and compounds get dropped into an area with no visible marks of the foot traffic - could it be simulated on the sat texture? Supplemented with roadside rubbish, signs, dropped litter, other subtle indications people and goats regularly pass by.

The other thing that looks a little odd to me; is the tree placement. It looks like Zeus went to town with the tree brush set to "wide spray" :-)   Probably worth chopping many of them down and clustering them a little more so it looks a little more natural, at the moment it didn't feel right for me, subjective opinion clearly....

Anyway - keep up the great work !

Hey Drifter - had a quick fly around the new Map... Looking good excited to see how this turns out. Couple of comments from me, is there anyway of adding footpaths between dwellings, it often seems like houses and compounds get dropped into an area with no visible marks of the foot traffic - could it be simulated on the sat texture? Supplemented with roadside rubbish, signs, dropped litter, other subtle indications people and goats regularly pass by.

The other thing that looks a little odd to me; is the tree placement. It looks like Zeus went to town with the tree brush set to "wide spray" :-)   Probably worth chopping many of them down and clustering them a little more so it looks a little more natural, at the moment it didn't feel right for me, subjective opinion clearly....

Anyway - keep up the great work !

I didnt get around to adding footpaths and trash clutter and signs due I end up doing the roads last and form them around the objects, again this is a VERY early release, I haven't even finished smoothing out a lot of things and still haven't finished a lot compounds and regions.

The tree lines that have a lot of clutter on like that on purpose, due to pictures I reference in the areas. I can probably remove some in a later time.

Thanks.

Nice job Drifter  ;)

But later CUP_Terrains will you use to create this map?

Nice job Drifter  ;)

But later CUP_Terrains will you use to create this map?

It uses JBAD which already provides most of the Arma II Takistani buildings in Arma 3 quality.

Ok but will normally include JBAD CUP_Terrains and AiATP and all the improvements of the land. So when will CUP_Terrains out I just wonder if Southern will be compatible with CUP.

The final result of this combination is SMD_Sharani (JBAD Buildings and pack AiA)