eaglestrike999

Queen Elizabeth-Class Aircraft Carrier - A2 Port

any luck fixing the ramp ? 

The ramp was pretty much fine unless you did a suicidal mach 2.0 launch into it. Its at that point when things go wrong, and I'm pretty fine with that.

Oh ya of course, good to hear that it is working, I remember that when people ported QE straight from A2 to A3 without any changes it caused massive fps drop, have you noticed that ? and if so did you manage to resolve it ? 

One thing will there be a BV on the ship or a lot of boxes of lilt on it

If i may, beware of Physx simulation, it tends to break take off and landing of airplanes.

I've seen this happen with other community made carriers.

Good luck with your project, it looks very promising!

Any updates to the mod ?

It's a grey area, some minor texture fixes. Progress has been sloooow recently.

Ah, any chance of WIP release so we can test it in the near future? I am soooo hyped for this, it looks amazing!

^ Ye community can help a lot with the progress also when Fuller's F-35B comes out it can help greatly to make those two work in harmony. 

• Like 1

Still beeing developed or no?

Yes, it is still being developed, just some minor set backs.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2015 at 7:15 PM, Lugi said:

Still beeing developed or no?

Yes, it is still being developed, just some minor set backs.

I know this is a year on, and its highly unlikely, but will this still be an ongoing project??

On 13/12/2016 at 7:56 PM, PakistanOperator said:

I know this is a year on, and its highly unlikely, but will this still be an ongoing project??

Stop asking for updates please, that's considered spam.

Wait for OP to say somethin'

• Like 1

I don't think asking if the mod is still being worked on is spam. I know what the moderators are going to say, but honestly if it isn't then we should be told. I click follow on mods I am interested in, and if a mod is not being pushed FWD I like to know so it's one less thing I have to click through. 

That's my two cents. 

~S

• Like 2

If you're asking after one year (check the previous posts' date) then no, it doesn't qualify as spam by any reasonable definition. I'd like to know if the project is still going, too.

56 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

If you're asking after one year (check the previous posts' date) then no, it doesn't qualify as spam by any reasonable definition. I'd like to know if the project is still going, too.

Where in the rules does it state this please?

seems pretty clear on the rules

Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.

or Do you mean this rule, with regards to spamming?

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added

My suggestion would be to drop the OP/addon maker a PM and ask him via that channel, that way you're not going to fall foul of any rules infringements :f:

Bearing in mind, a good indication of a mods status is checking when the last time the "creator" appeared online, in this case over 10 months ago, so the chances of a response would be remote.

Like countless other addons they simply fizzle out, and will never see the light of day, it's all part and parcel of being an addon maker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, road runner said:

Where in the rules does it state this please?

How about "common sense"? It's not my fault if the rules don't conform to it, but it's a really useful thing to have. If it's not spam "by any reasonable definition", but the rules qualify it as spam, then it says more about the rules than anything else.

This clearly isn't bumping for the sake of bumping. It's inquiring (as the first person since the author's last post) about whether this addon is dead or not. Yes, he could have guessed it from other signs (this one is pretty obviously dead as a doornail, but it's not always the case), or sent a PM, but by posting in a thread the reply will be visible to anyone else looking to ask the same question. This is a valuable information.

Chances of reply after 10 months of inactivity are remote, but I've seen that happen. Some people have (or had, before the forum "upgrade") e-mail notifications about new posts in threads they started. This could cause him to log back in and post, if only to say "Yeah, dead, you can lock it". Much better than not knowing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

How about "common sense"? It's not my fault if the rules don't conform to it, but it's a really useful thing to have. If it's not spam "by any reasonable definition", but the rules qualify it as spam, then it says more about the rules than anything else.

This clearly isn't bumping for the sake of bumping. It's inquiring (as the first person since the author's last post) about whether this addon is dead or not. Yes, he could have guessed it from other signs (this one is pretty obviously dead as a doornail, but it's not always the case), or sent a PM, but by posting in a thread the reply will be visible to anyone else looking to ask the same question. This is a valuable information.

Chances of reply after 10 months of inactivity are remote, but I've seen that happen. Some people have (or had, before the forum "upgrade") e-mail notifications about new posts in threads they started. This could cause him to log back in and post, if only to say "Yeah, dead, you can lock it". Much better than not knowing.

Perhaps you should speak to Bohemia Beck and ask for a change in the rules then if you don't think they're to your liking ?  I was actually being gentle with you, when you stated it's not a rule breaker, but your defensive response kind of speaks volumes ;)

I didn't make the rules, but they're still there in Black and white..2 posts that are questioning if it's dead or alive, whilst offering nothing of substance or even significant, to the thread, would be classed as "bumping" the thread. yes? Inquiring if an addon is dead or not is hardly valuable information, unless the OP themselves decided to respond.

The mods could easily lock such topics after a certain period of inactivity, or it maybe possible to move it to a "vault" an area where mods are in limbo, it really depends on the Site Admin, and if the OP decides to update he can ask for it to be moved back into a "discussion area"

@robert31178 it's not always possible for people to be informed by the OP's if a project is dead or not, or whether it's still being worked on, lost passwords, can't be bothered, stopped modding, stopped playing ArmA etc, they're not really under any obligation to keep people up to speed, or informed as to the state of the addon.

I would normally haphazard that anything beyond 12 months with zero activity of the OP is a good indicator it's pretty much dead.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, road runner said:

I didn't make the rules, but they're still there in Black and white..2 posts that are questioning if it's dead or alive, whilst offering nothing of substance or even significant, to the thread, would be classed as "bumping" the thread. yes? Inquiring if an addon is dead or not is hardly valuable information, unless the OP themselves decided to respond.

Well, if he wasn't asked, he wouldn't have anything to respond to. :) Maybe the rule should say "valuable information or relevant questions" (that is, reasonable requests for valuable information). That's what I was referring to with my response. I hate it when people (especially authorities) threat the letter of the rules as if it was some kind of gospel, it's the spirit that's important, and in that case, I don't think it has been violated. The intent behind that rule clearly wasn't to ban asking any and all questions (as they don't necessarily provide information by themselves, the answers do) in old threads.

13 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Well, if he wasn't asked, he wouldn't have anything to respond to. :) Maybe the rule should say "valuable information or relevant questions" (that is, reasonable requests for valuable information). That's what I was referring to with my response. I hate it when people (especially authorities) threat the letter of the rules as if it was some kind of gospel, it's the spirit that's important, and in that case, I don't think it has been violated. The intent behind that rule clearly wasn't to ban asking any and all questions (as they don't necessarily provide information by themselves, the answers do) in old threads.

I can appreciate your opinion, but the rules are there to be followed and not deviated from. Any further questions, or suggestions please PM them to Beck.

I will now close this thread, the author can request it opened if they have any updates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dragon01 said:

Well, if he wasn't asked, he wouldn't have anything to respond to. :) Maybe the rule should say "valuable information or relevant questions" (that is, reasonable requests for valuable information). That's what I was referring to with my response. I hate it when people (especially authorities) threat the letter of the rules as if it was some kind of gospel, it's the spirit that's important, and in that case, I don't think it has been violated. I don't think the intent was to ban asking any questions at all (as they don't provide information by themselves, the answers do) in old threads.

The ONLY person who can contribute something worthwhile/valuable info is the addon creator, everyone else just speculates, so I fail to see where you see this as "valuable" information from other members. 

I've already highlighted the OP hasn't been online since Feb 2016, so ask yourself what value are you personally bringing to the topic, other than whinging about rules? :f:

I already locked the Project Overwatch one after the OP PM'd to say it's dead, until the OP responds with regards to this one, it's still in the discussion stage, if you have any luck PM the OP, by all means post the information he provides.

• Like 2