Sign in to follow this  
Walkero0

Vehicle Waterresistance

Hy. I ported the Arma 2 MTVR to Arma 3 and it's working fine, except the waterresistance. I can drive with full speed into water about 100 meters, then the engine die. I tried to add waterResistance value to the config, but this shows no effect. Is this a model or a config Problem? :confused:

Edited by Lukeo0

Hy. I ported the Arma 2 MTVR to Arma 3 and it's working fine, except the waterresistance. I can drive with full speed into water about 100 meters, then the engine die. I tried to add waterResistance value to the config, but this shows no effect. Is this a model or a config Problem? :confused:

You need a Bouyancy LOD just the same as a boat, configure the maximum water level, which is the depth the water can rise before the engine is destroyed, water resistance value affects how difficult it is for the object to propel itself through the water. The Bouyancy LOD should really only be a single piece of geometry, closed and convex, in practice it does sometimes also need to be a certain amount larger than the actual vehicle, depending on the vehicle weight.