noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

Congrats :)

What a lovely day! Thanks for the stable, guys! Gonna play this until the world ends.

Are there any plans on making ACRE2 Zeus-compatible? By "compatible" i mean that zeus would be able to listen players' radios, and participate in conversations on it. Just like TFAR allowed to.

ive heard a rumor that ACRE will eventually be just an addon without requiring teamspeak to run. is this true?

Yes, JVON is the system for that, and we are focusing on it (as well as other features) over the next few months. The system is already public, though we do not widely push it because it is still in what we'd consider a pre-release state.

Hello DevTeam,

congrats on the release!

I have one issue:

Multi-channel audio, allowing people on the radio to be heard locally as well.

Is it implemented and working already? IIRC in ACRE it was more like this:

We have made several tests, we know that voice is locally transmitted when using radio (we have confirmed that by turning the volume of the radio down) BUT there is no possibility to hear local and radio at once. It is only full local or full radio, no matter how you set your voice or radio volume.

Hello DevTeam,

congrats on the release!

I have one issue:

Multi-channel audio, allowing people on the radio to be heard locally as well.

Is it implemented and working already? IIRC in ACRE it was more like this:

We have made several tests, we know that voice is locally transmitted when using radio (we have confirmed that by turning the volume of the radio down) BUT there is no possibility to hear local and radio at once. It is only full local or full radio, no matter how you set your voice or radio volume.

That is incorrect, I'm not sure what you are testing but that must have been over a year ago. People are spatial for you speaking regardless of whether they are on the radio or not; you just may hear them on the radio too.

Just ran a quick test with a buddy and couldn't get his acre2 and arma to cooperate until TS3 was ran as an administrator (Windows 7 x64). Whether that was the actual cause or just a coincidence I don't know, but I notice the admin thing has been removed from the known issues on the first post now with the stable release. Just thought to let you know in case someone else runs in a similar problem.

Other than that, a big thanks for your groundbreaking work!

Just ran a quick test with a buddy and couldn't get his acre2 and arma to cooperate until TS3 was ran as an administrator (Windows 7 x64). Whether that was the actual cause or just a coincidence I don't know, but I notice the admin thing has been removed from the known issues on the first post now with the stable release. Just thought to let you know in case someone else runs in a similar problem.

Other than that, a big thanks for your groundbreaking work!

You have to run both as administrator, or both not as administrator. This is generally not a problem and moves it away from ACRE, to peoples launchers.

This is up to the users preference - but admin is not inherently required. He was probably using Six Updater, which launches as admin by defualt.

@jaynus

We have conducted following test:

- 1 and 2 are close to each other (2m),

- 1 is talking on the radio,

- 2 is reiceving the message on the radio but he is not able to hear anything locally,

- 2 is turning the volume down on the radio slowly by 20%. Suddenly at 40%, he is not receiving anything but is able to hear the direct speech.

I would be interested to see a compare and contrast with TFAR and ACRE 2

I did a test like that a couple months ago with an old Alpha build. All of the issues that we found there are fixed in .811 (except for building occlusion stutter, which can be bypassed with the command: ACRE_TEST_OCCLUSION = false and will eventually be fixed once Jaynus releases some of his magic code... No ETA as of yet).

sunrrrise - Direct speech and radio transmission happen at the same time by the same player with the same voice, you'll have a hard time getting realistic results this way.

Try this test scenario instead:

Set your radio's headset to receive in your right ear (default keys Ctrl+Shift+Right arrow key) and stand with your LEFT ear towards your friend.

Let him speak directly and then through the radio and you'll immediately notice the difference. You can rotate 360 degrees on the spot to hear the beautiful 3D-directional speech change as you rotate.

This is up to the users preference - but admin is not inherently required. He was probably using Six Updater, which launches as admin by defualt.

No, he launched from Steam as usual (without elevating it to administrator status). That seems to contrary to what you wrote.. or it means that Steam gets elevated rights automatically from somewhere. Even if the problem is not anymore considered part of ACRE it can still affect users of ACRE. Might not be a bad idea to keep that information available for new users.

Moving on, we encountered some slightly odd issues while testing it today with three players. Direct speech seemed to work OK at all times, but radios had some seemingly random issues along the lines of

- A and C can communicate with B but not with each other

- A can hear C but C cannot hear A and neither one hears B, but B hears both A and C.

These were observed regardless of distance, within direct speech range. I'm not quite sure but I think these issues may have appeared and disappeared as people got killed and then respawned. We were playing WLA. I was wondering that maybe the respawn script interfered with ACRE2? I don't at least recall ever having similar issues in ACRE in ArmA 2. Any thoughts?

I posted this in the old thread regarding .763 but since using 811 it's still showing up

15:29:36 Error in expression <t 0;
_newSignal = _newSignal*(1-(_signal/_newSignal));
if(_newSignal <= 0) exitW>
15:29:36   Error position: </_newSignal));
15:29:36   Error Zero divisor
15:29:36 File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_prc343\radio\fnc_handleMultipleTransmissions.sqf, line 182 

Hi all! Congrats on release!

I have been looking in the documentation on how to configure the RX and TX frequencies per each of the radio automatically (via an sqf file) but I have not found anything. Is there a way to actually do it?

Many thanks in advance!

does ACRE2 now have working, portable radio antennas? Like for setting up a radio station or radio net? Instead of having to set them up manually in the mission editor? This functionality would really help for PvP missions. To be able to set up a quick base station and do long range transmissions or re-transmit traffic.

I posted this in the old thread regarding .763 but since using 811 it's still showing up

15:29:36 Error in expression <t 0;
_newSignal = _newSignal*(1-(_signal/_newSignal));
15:29:36   Error position: </_newSignal));
15:29:36   Error Zero divisor
15:29:36 File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_prc343\radio\fnc_handleMultipleTransmissions.sqf, line 182 

Under which circumstances does this occure? Mission setup, etc.?

For better tracking, please file an issue in our feedback tracker.

Hi all! Congrats on release!

I have been looking in the documentation on how to configure the RX and TX frequencies per each of the radio automatically (via an sqf file) but I have not found anything. Is there a way to actually do it?

Many thanks in advance!

Do you want to create a complete new preset? Or do you want to alter frequencies of specific channels?

does ACRE2 now have working, portable radio antennas? Like for setting up a radio station or radio net? Instead of having to set them up manually in the mission editor? This functionality would really help for PvP missions. To be able to set up a quick base station and do long range transmissions or re-transmit traffic.

Not at the moment, but it is definitely planned.

Do you want to create a complete new preset? Or do you want to alter frequencies of specific channels?

Not at the moment, but it is definitely planned.

Does that include something like one person carrying the radio mast/pole setup (kinda like a mortar bag) and another carrying the radio equipment? Then, when the radio antenna tower/pole is setup you 'attach' the radio to the tower and it works like that? Or would it be a separate object you carry as an all-in-one piece and then once it is placed you configure it through a menu?

I would like to alter the frequencies of specific channels. I would very much appreciate any help on that matter.

for some reason i cant sem to hear any roger beeps for some reason cant seem to figure out why

Amazing! Keep up the good work :cool:

Offtopic:

Any updates for the arma2 client? Would love to play i44 again with ACRE without the need to downgrade my TS :yay:

Is there a way to get rid of the error sign that pops up when someone's inventory bugs out? It says it will not go away.

I personally feel this a stupid decision to keep it as a permanent message. ACRE is meant to be realistic (As you are designing it) and you ruin it with a permanent message that does not go away. Whats the deal?

Is there a way to get rid of the error sign that pops up when someone's inventory bugs out? It says it will not go away.

I personally feel this a stupid decision to keep it as a permanent message. ACRE is meant to be realistic (As you are designing it) and you ruin it with a permanent message that does not go away. Whats the deal?

Because your mission broke Arma: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19829

This is a MAJOR bug. We warn you because it will cause ACRE to potentially glitch out and all sorts of crazy issues with ACRE to happen since ACRE is highly dependent on the gear system being synchronized between the server and clients. If we had the warning go away people would forget, then they'd get an ACRE bug, then we'd go on a ghost chase trying to hunt down the issue because no one ever submits their RPTs with a their tickets.

So in the end it is less of a hassle for everyone to just warn them when their missions break Arma 3. If you want this issue to go away entirely loudly, and constantly bug BI about the above ticket.

Till then, it will not change.

Is there still the issue from ACRE Arma 2 where radios are tied to players? something about people joining and leaving and dying and respawning and all the radios that are left around or something. Basically, if I add ACRE2 to Wasteland mission, would it work right? Or would I run into issues? Also, is it possible to have faction specific freqs? Preferably in a random selection method at the start of the mission? This way, since Wasteland traditionally has 3 factions, it is harder to have spies who log into the server and already know the base freq each faction is using. When the server restarts and the mission continues, the base channel for all the radios on a particular side are scrambled to a random freq (the same freq on all radios). Kind of like scrambling the transmission. It would be pretty cheap if the enemy faction knew what the channel and freq was by default without killing someone first and taking their radio. But then again, after server restart, the radio would be changed to their faction and the settings wiped or something. If someone dies, can I set it so that their radio despawns after they respawn? Or after a set time? When they respawn are they issued a new radio and radio ID? When the radio despawns, is the ID put back into circulation? Can I set it up in ACRE2 so that when they join the server, it automatically joins them to the correct TS3 server and channel?

It happens mid-mission usually when a unit is trying to communicate at around the edge of the 343s broadcast range, and with some terrain occlusion in the mix. For a more exact area it was near Agios Andreas, the mountain at the north eastern tip of Altis. I was moving up the mountain itself and the person that I believe was broadcasting was near the base of it. It's happened in other circumstances too but it's always at the edge of 343 broadcast range.

I'll add it to the track but I'm not 100% sure I can give proper repro steps other than what I've posted.

Hi guys, love the new version.

I have a question, Is there any way to make a custom backpack a radio?

i mean, transform "mybackpack" = (into) ANPRC117F radio .. its that possible?

Thanks!