Sign in to follow this  
malau

The new 156mb Steam update.

It seems to have made it completely impossible for me to connect to any Dayz server.

With a Taviana map, I get the following error....

fAl0cd0.jpg

And the core ACR error still pops up.

With any other map it either times out at the 'Creating Character' stage - it gets to around '120' seconds before giving up.

Or I get a 'You were kicked' message at the lobby screen - (maybe the update is so new that BE has yet to release a BE update ??)

Either way and every way, I can't connect.

Any chance of a changelog link as well ?

I noticed there was a 768k mini update last night ?

It seems to have made no difference. I still can't connect to a single server. And I STILL get the core error

ZeALeOG.jpg

For Chernarus servers, now I also get

yPhGwH9.jpg

For Taviana servers, game still times out at the 'create/fetch character' stage after 120 seconds, OR I get the INIT error shown in the previous post.

The ingame server browser only picks up one server too. So I checked my firewall settings, all OK.

Everything worked fine - in that I could connect - before the new remastered core patch.

In Steam I am opted as BETA- in the Beta options.

Edited by malau

I think it's a matter of addons in the new update not relying on Corepatch filepath (or not relying much on Corepatch filepath), where addons used by the servers your trying to join are still relying on Corepatch filepath. And the new update has new keys for the updated addons. The servers with the older addons won't have the updated keys.

I base the observation on the Corepatch pop-ups appearing in the SOM-Warfare mission I was building in beta prior to the current update. In beta A2 it gave me a corepatch pop-up like above, but not in beta OA. In A2 rpt it listed a number of Corepatch filepath errors. Then I realized, to customize the Warfare mission the mission borrowed scripts from beta prior to the current update - Warfare's Init_Client.sqf and Init_Server.sqf. Those two scripts defined functions using Corepatch file paths. Once I swapped those scripts with the current update's version of Warfare scripts, the pop-up stopped in beta A2.

-----------------------

Starting a Warfare mission in beta A2, I do get this error:

Error in expression <C_trashItFunc;};};} forEach entities "Man";{if (!alive _x) then {	_dontCa>
 Error position: <"Man";{if (!alive _x) then {	_dontCa>
 Error Missing ;

It doesn't happen in beta OA. I don't know what it affects in beta A2, I haven't noticed anything from it yet.

Edited by OpusFmSPol

@malau: you are trying to join a server with an older version of corepatch (maybe the server is on an older beta branch than you) and corepatch does not require acr anymore so that pop-up error is due to server relying on an older beta branch or on an older corepatch.pbo

What about the timeouts and insta kicks ? Are they related to the servers not updating too ?

I wish this new update would be announced on the Arma 2 OA Steam News/Updates page, so perhaps more server admins would be aware of it.

So this kind of collateral damage - servers not upgrading their whatever it is - was foreseen by the developers ? Does this new corepatch2 add anything to the game, or is it just a coding tidy up by the devs ?

Is the only solution to this, to wait and hope that server owners - or server providers like GTX - update their software ?

In the meantime, is there any way for me to downgrade to the previous version, at least I could connect.

that's why there is A2 and A2OA beta branch, so the mission/mod/server owners can adopt in time

plus make sure you don't have obsolete corepatch files

The only options I have for Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (Beta) are BETA (selected), NONE, or 1.62 OLDER VERSION OF THE GAME.

Are you saying that there is another option I should be able to choose that will allow me to play online on the servers with the corepatch v1 ?

BETA is the beta branch with new data for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

also the same branch exist for Arma 2 (remember it's separated title)

OK, it seems I am in the new corepatch_2 branch (BETA)

Is there any way to get back to the corepatch_1 branch - the one that Dayz Mod servers all seem to be using ?

I suspect the options are switching between beta and current release, and using Corepatch addon from Expansions when running current release version. My thought is that activating Corepatch addon from Expansions wouldn't work in beta, but I honestly don't know which would take priority over the other or if they would create conflict. Dwarden's comment above on obsolete Corepatch files leads me to think they would.

I was able to switch between beta and current release version, then back to beta pretty quickly on my machine. A couple minutes for the update to kick in, about a minute for the update to occur. I ran Steam as administrator since that seems to be important when downloading and doing first launch.

I was able to join a public Domination server from both current release and beta. I got the current release errors when not running Corepatch addon from Expansions. Switching to beta I was still able to join the server and only saw a couple mission-related errors appear. No filepath pop-ups occurred, likely because the server's mission didn't rely on Corepatch filepaths within its own scripts.

When first trying I got forever "wait for host", but GameTracker revealed the server was joined by a certain group for a few hours. Maybe the host had a clan event going on or something. Once GameTracker showed usage spikes again I was able to join the server with no problems.

Edited by OpusFmSPol

Like Opus said, I think you have to opt-out of beta branch and install the corepatch addon (download from armaholic or playwithsix). Otherwise you can contact one server admin or another player to give you the correct corepatch.pbo file and its relative signs.

It's weird that some servers are on beta branch or adopts some addons without telling anything at players

Thanks Goliath ! I got it working FINALLY !!!

Incase anyone else has similar issues...........

1) Opt out of BETA (select NONE). Steam will then download a 59.2mb 'downdate'.

2) From your <STEAM PATH> \SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\Addons delete the 3 corepatch_2 files

3) Download Goliath's corepatch from Armaholic (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27054)

4) Put Goliath's 2 corepatch files into the same addons folder you just deleted the corepatch_2 files from

5) Put the BIKEY file into the KEYS folder

You can now connect to DayZ Mod ! Hurrah ! :-)