acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hello ACE team. I want to ask about one thingh: I found some kind of "problem" when u set an unit like a captive via Zeus or F7/module.

For example my mission is to extract a prisoner, and i set him with captive module (also tried to put "set_captive" in init field of the unit), but I want to bring him out while I carry him on my shoulders (cause I set him very wounded), however after I take him on my shoulder I can't load into any veichle cause it not show me the option "load patient". This happen when u set "captive" stance on the unit, is it possible to resolve this? Thanks for the awesome work!

So, really love the mod guys, but there seems to be an issue with it, when you fire on AI, only headshots kill, and only 50. cals will knock the AI, out. Only mods I have are CBA and ACE 3.2.2. Here is the video; 

https://youtu.be/NwClYH6paqw

+1

I can confirm that AI cannot be killed without a headshot in the latest Arma 3 Dev version.

I tested it with using the latest CBA and latest ACE 3.

Is there a fix for this? It's a game breaking bug.

In regards to medical damage, please see:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181341-ace3-a-collaborative-merger-between-agm-cse-and-ace/page-97#entry2920993

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/2813

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/2819

BI have been staging these changes for a while now, our next release will include new code to handle them once they hit the main branch.

+1

I can confirm that AI cannot be killed without a headshot in the latest Arma 3 Dev version.

I tested it with using the latest CBA and latest ACE 3.

Is there a fix for this? It's a game breaking bug.

In regards to medical damage, please see:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181341-ace3-a-collaborative-merger-between-agm-cse-and-ace/page-97#entry2920993

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/2813

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/2819

BI have been staging these changes for a while now, our next release will include new code to handle them once they hit the main branch.

In the meantime the fix is simple - don't use mods designed for the 'main branch' of the game with the 'dev branch' version of the game. Simples.

• Like 1

^ That's weird. Do you have extended armor enabled?

Speaking of medical, anyone know of a script to make medics treat ACE wounds?

There's also another thing, will ACE3 have this feature eventually? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18796

Funny thing you say that, I was playing with a friend, and it turns out that it doesnt affect it at all. I kinda wish it did though, so I would know the problem.

So, really love the mod guys, but there seems to be an issue with it, when you fire on AI, only headshots kill, and only 50. cals will knock the AI, out. Only mods I have are CBA and ACE 3.2.2. Here is the video; 

https://youtu.be/NwClYH6paqw

I've been having this issue for the last couple of weeks aswell.I always have extended armour off.it does not seem to happen to every unit,but I would say it is about 40% of them.Vanilla CSAT/AAF and RHS Russians/Massi African mod enemies all seem affected.

Such a bug:

https://youtu.be/HPkTYhKetuA

RHS + ACE (both newest)

Without ACE death of AI occurs normally. I have info other location can be also hard to penetrate and also with other units.

If you guys could read 4 posts above your own, that'd be great ;)

Shame on me <_<  Thx.

• Like 1

It happens  :D We understand that it's an important issue to everyone and are keeping a close eye on the changes to come.

In the meantime the fix is simple - don't use mods designed for the 'main branch' of the game with the 'dev branch' version of the game. Simples.

Testing and bug reporting is important. Without it, we wouldn't get anywhere. Simples.

Our group is really loving ACE3 and the new features, but one thing eludes me. What is the status on the laser locking for bombs such as the GBUs on the vanilla A10? We mostly play with RHS units, but I recently found out that I couldn't lock on to laser targets with the GBUs in the RHS A10. However, I could lock on with the ATGMs.

Figuring I'd eliminate mod conflicts, I tried with only the basics; ACE3 and CBA. I can access some kind of viewport with the TAB key while a laser is active, it shows me the point of impact of the laser and the targetting vector. However, no lock on with the bombs. Even when flying the (almost) exact vector from laser designator to target, I could either guess the time to drop the bomb perfectly, or make it fall short or go over the target and land further away.

Reading http://ace3mod.com/wiki/user/information-center.html#1-2-issues, I can see that it is a feature? But then I found in this thread that you are still working on a "HUD framework and things like laser spot tracking".

Does this mean that we will eventually be able to lock on to laser designated targets like vehicle target locks, or that the system is complete and there are no plans to make a lock on system similar to vanilla? I know that in Arma 2 ACE had a CCIP system, which will be amazing if you eventually bring it to Arma 3.

Although maybe I do not understand how the GBU targetting works in ACE3? A little more documentation on the system could be welcome if that is the case, because I can't find anything to help me work it out.

Thanks for the hard work and please continue kicking ass!

Hello, Iv kinda have a question/problem?

I am running RHS ESCALATION + ACE 3 + ASR AI + SWT MARKERS

Do I have to:

1. Delete ACE AI and ACE Markers?

2. Move the optional ACE RHS pbo's to the addons folder?

3. What is the tracers pbo and server pbo? what do they do and are they important?

Thanks!!

Help?

If you wanted someone else to do the action this would look like this

// Supposed to be ran in initPlayerLocal.sqf

// Create the action
_fixWalking = ["fixWalkingAction","Apply splint to leg","",{cursorTarget setHit ["legs", 0]},{(cursorTarget getHit "legs" >= 0.50) && (cursorTarget call ace_medical_fnc_isInStableCondition)}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

// Assign it to the current player
[player , 0, ["ACE_LegRight"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
[player , 0, ["ACE_LegLeft"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

Note; this takes into account the legs selection and not the hitpoints, meaning that fixing one will fix both.

I made a new test with this and found out that this does work in a regular multiplayer environment, but not on a dedicated server. Somehow the action won't show up for other players, even if the snippet has been executed globally on each client with the mission's init.

we have a very rare bug that someone with a gun point 90° to the sky or 90° complete down to earth and while wearing a gun he cant change this view. He can walk but only with 90° angel. fix headbug dont fix it. I hope i can past to rpt next time this happens. Shooting the player to unconsciousness and revive him fix this problem. this bug happen after beeing revived :P

Another problem we have: ace3 increases the fire range to ~700m which is good. but what happen to the skills set for the ai for that range? we have the problem that:

- ai is returning fire too fast on increasing ranges. Without termal/tracers a normal person wouldnt find the enemy so fast on that range on open terrain.

- ai hit skill modifier for bigger ranges? with normal gun they can hit really good on 700m. On wind this is a bit unbalanced. we use this range e.g. for pinning the enemy but thinking about real damage would be a waste of ammo.

- we use asr ai.

Help?

Generally speaking: make sure the ACE3 folder loads last in your server command line. That way even if there is a minor conflict ACE's settings are the ones overriding everything else (most of the times).

1.a) I would delete ACE AI if you are using ASR. ASR, Vcom and similar AI mods use their own version of what ACE AI pbo does: mainly manipulating the sub skill values and the fire rate behaviour.

1.b We are using SWT Marker System along ACE3 and we have removed the ACE Markers pbo as it is redundant in that case.

2.) Nah, just move optional ACE files into the main ACE addon folder. As long as ACE loads last in your command line you'll be fine.

3.) The ACE3 team has created a useful wiki, shortly summarising what each pbo does.

Hey guy's,

I have see the "fast rope" are the "WIP" tag on you'r feedback's web site, do you have any news about it ?

Thanks

I made a new test with this and found out that this does work in a regular multiplayer environment, but not on a dedicated server. Somehow the action won't show up for other players, even if the snippet has been executed globally on each client with the mission's init.

fnc_splint = {
	[] spawn {
		fnc_do_splint = {
			_fixWalking = [
				"fixWalkingAction",
				"Apply Splint to Leg",
				"",
				{cursorTarget setHitPointDamage ["hitLegs", 0]},
				{(cursorTarget getHit "legs" >= 0.50) && ([cursorTarget] call ace_medical_fnc_isInStableCondition)}
			] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
			[_this , 0, ["ACE_LegRight"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
			[_this , 0, ["ACE_LegLeft"],_fixWalking] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
		};
		_random = ( random 5 ) + 5;
		sleep _random;
		[ -1, fnc_do_splint, player ] call CBA_fnc_globalExecute;
	};
};

if ( isServer ) then {
	[ -1, fnc_splint ] call CBA_fnc_globalExecute;
};

run that in the init.sqf. I think it outta work.

• Like 2

Hey guy's,

I have see the "fast rope" are the "WIP" tag on you'r feedback's web site, do you have any news about it ?

Thanks

No exciting fast roping news I'm afraid, we've discussed it and have some ideas for possible acceptable implementations, but it isn't currently a priority.

• Like 3

Shame about the fast roping.

In Arma 2, ACE had the option of burying Anti Tank mines into the ground.

This would be a real useful addition as currently AI vehicles see the AT mines in the road and drive around them. 

Shame about the fast roping.

In Arma 2, ACE had the option of burying Anti Tank mines into the ground.

This would be a real useful addition as currently AI vehicles see the AT mines in the road and drive around them. 

I have found that using the RHS  hidden ied thing the Ai dont see it .And with the Anti -tank mine just make sure it is on a corner or a dip in the road etc and they usually are not spotted. (I have a pile of burnt-out APC's to prove it hehehe :D )

• Like 1

we have a very rare bug that someone with a gun point 90° to the sky or 90° complete down to earth and while wearing a gun he cant change this view. He can walk but only with 90° angel. fix headbug dont fix it. I hope i can past to rpt next time this happens. Shooting the player to unconsciousness and revive him fix this problem. this bug happen after beeing revived :P

I can confirm this. It is a very wierd bug, very funny to see happen to someone else but not so fun to have when you are in the middle of a firefight. 

Also I know that it has been mentioned before but the Titan launcher is useless when using ACE with RHS. For some reason the missile will first drop then ignite which means as soon as you have fired the Titan Launcher, the missile would hit the ground a couple of meters away from you. Does anyone know a workaround except for deleting the pbo which controls the launcher functions?

Regards

Twak