acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

in basic CPR is only available when revive is enabled and it reset the revive timer, that way you can CPR the unit until the medic get to you and the patient and fixes him.

Yes CPR as far as I can tell resets the revive timer.

in basic CPR is only available when revive is enabled and it reset the revive timer, that way you can CPR the unit until the medic get to you and the patient and fixes him.

That is actually a pretty interesting mechanic. And it's kind of realistic too. But not really obvious, I just thought that CPR works like an epipen with 50/50 chance of reviving the unconscious person. My mistake, forgot to check ace3 wiki, all the medical info is there.

Just tried CPR with a friend on a dedicated server. Basic medical only. We have a revive timer set to two minutes and we tried various situations. Unconscious with all wounds healed and no pain and performed CPR soldier still died after two minutes of being down means that the timer did not reset. Should I report this on github or is it a known bug? Thanks.

Yep it's bugged atm and will be fixed in the next version.

On the topic of some medical variables that changed (as pointed above) ACE3 doesn't have a public API for medical yet, they are subject to change and will not be "fixed".

Is it just me or is the take prisoner option gone in 3.3.1?

I didn't see it either. Maybe it's not enabled by default anymore?

Edit: Doesn't seem to be that, opened an issue (2570)

Edit 2: We need to change the "Require Surrendering" setting to "No" in the captive system if we want to allow the previous behaviour, either through the module or in userconfig:

class ace_captives_requireSurrender {

value = 0;

typeName = "SCALAR";

force = 1;

};

Edited by Magirot
  • Like 1

Is there a way to reset the gunlist of the atragMX? some guns got overwriten by accident

For captives it's normal, the module is set like that by default, just place the module and tweak it / change it via the settings framework.

For captives it's normal, the module is set like that by default, just place the module and tweak it / change it via the settings framework.

I've never had to place that module before. It has always just worked if I had zipties. Is that a new change from 3.2.1-3.3.1?

Noticed I can't put dead in body bags either. Is there a setting for that too?

Is there a way to add an action to a class like "LandVehicle" by script?

I tried the following, but it doesn't work

["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

Actions need to be created before being added.

It goes like this

Create the action -> add it to a class / object -> the menu is compiled -> the condition and code are true / non empty.

Advanced Combat Environment 3 Updated
Version 3.3.2

Download:
Github

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY

FIXED:

• Advanced medical system and backblast CTD. (#2519)
  • Wheel added to cargo on player connect. (#2488)
  • Medical Treatment Log Time. (86fae2c)
  • Blue Force Tracking Module. (#2503)
  • Fix XEH Warning Debug. (79d985a)
  • Allow fixing jam when in FFV slot. (#2546)
  • Fix CPR params. (#2492)
  • Lockpicking not working. (#2495)
  • Fix Explosives / Interaction Menu conflict (#2572)

ADDED:

• Added diagnose to torso (for real this time). (#2466)

A full list of merged pull requests

KNOWN ISSUES
We have noticed that when using ACE with 3rd-Party mods that do not fully support CBA Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) that some units do not work with Interaction fully. You may see the cursor but no menus.

WORKAROUND: The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO that you can activate to help resolve these situations.
1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder
2. Restart Arma.

If you have identified the 3rd-Party mod that causes ACE Interaction to break, contact the developer and ask them to support the CBA XEH. They can contact CBA Devs for help.

Developers can update their mods by one of the following methods to work with ACE.
Reference: Two guides to help developers get started with the CBA extended event handler system

• Like 5

Congrats to the new release!

To download or not to download 3.3.2 hot off the GitHub press... that is the question! 

And then, having downloaded, another decision is to be made: 

To stay up all night for testing fixed features and enjoying new ones or not to stay up all night... that is the question!  :D

Keep up your outstanding dedication and creativity, ACE Devs!  :icon_dj::respekt:

@tourist hotfix releases are made directly from previous releases, which means there is very low chance something extra can get broken as no new features or anything is added. This might explain it in more detail.

• Like 1

@jonpas: thanks for making things clear!  Downloading now!

Actions need to be created before being added.

It goes like this

Create the action -> add it to a class / object -> the menu is compiled -> the condition and code are true / non empty.

full code:

_action = ["Logistic","Logistic","",{},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;
_action = ["action", "Action", "", {fnc}, {true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
["LandVehicle", 0, ["ACE_MainActions","Logistic"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass;

When creating the action the code block cannot be empty.

_action = ["Logistic","Logistic","",{code},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

When creating the action the code block cannot be empty.

_action = ["Logistic","Logistic","",{code},{true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

Are you sure? Because it works on the self action. How am i supposed to create a node then?

Edit:

I've tried to fill the code, it doesn't work

Yep, I'll pm you because i think we can't understand eachother :D

If i use the same code for a defined class, let's say the hunter, it works, it doesn't work for LandVehicle

Still seem to be having troubles with RHS Insurgent units being quite difficult to kill with default medical settings, any idea if that issue stems from RHS or from ACE?