firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

We did an OP with F-15E Strike Eagle & AWS where we encountered some problems. I'm wondering if we did something wrong or if these are actually bugs.

1) Loading presets did not seem to show pylons in blue color implying the gunner tick option was not being loaded.

2) When applying a loadout, if the same ammunition type already existed in the pylon, it didn't actually load the ammo. I had to select a different ammo and go back to what i want for it to apply.

3) Applying a loadout with 1-2 differences did not refund some of the ammo in RCT pylons.

4) Not sure when exactly but WSO saw red on UI for bombs and was not able to fire them after applying loadout. I believe they were outside the plane when rearm happened because otherwise they were not seeing the ammo at all.

5) After switching all pylons to pilot, after 1 drop of GBU UI showed 6 GBUs left but it turned red making pilot unable to drop anymore.

16 hours ago, elitehunter said:

We did an OP with F-15E Strike Eagle & AWS where we encountered some problems. I'm wondering if we did something wrong or if these are actually bugs.

1) Loading presets did not seem to show pylons in blue color implying the gunner tick option was not being loaded.

2) When applying a loadout, if the same ammunition type already existed in the pylon, it didn't actually load the ammo. I had to select a different ammo and go back to what i want for it to apply.

3) Applying a loadout with 1-2 differences did not refund some of the ammo in RCT pylons.

4) Not sure when exactly but WSO saw red on UI for bombs and was not able to fire them after applying loadout. I believe they were outside the plane when rearm happened because otherwise they were not seeing the ammo at all.

5) After switching all pylons to pilot, after 1 drop of GBU UI showed 6 GBUs left but it turned red making pilot unable to drop anymore.

I'll take a look what is problem.

Hello I made some templates for planes such as the F-14, F-23, SU-25 and did additions to the F/A-18 (Added tiger pattern and two tone). Would you like me to post them here?
I did some for the F/A-22, A-10 but I haven't updated them

On 1/18/2024 at 4:31 PM, Gamenator said:

Hello I made some templates for planes such as the F-14, F-23, SU-25 and did additions to the F/A-18 (Added tiger pattern and two tone). Would you like me to post them here?
I did some for the F/A-22, A-10 but I haven't updated them

Sure if you want.

Hello again... there are any plans to add photoshop skin templates for the other planes?

sorry for my bad english...

i have a problem where f18 i from the game  is missing the canopy when aegis mod and fir weapon mod are loaded together

any fix for this

in my case, the AGM-84 Slam-er H in the GPS mod flies more than 32 miles and hits the target (I haven’t tested it at a greater distance yet), but in the CG mod I was able to hit the target only at a distance of 20 miles (and at a greater distance the missile self-destructs, as I think, after a certain time, maybe 2 minutes) is it working correctly ?
and why the AGM-84 TV head doesn't  have a zoom?

On 1/26/2024 at 8:51 AM, PauloVictor said:

Hello again... there are any plans to add photoshop skin templates for the other planes?

sorry for my bad english...

yes, but looks like someone already make others.

On 1/27/2024 at 10:06 PM, Anthony Maughn said:

i have a problem where f18 i from the game  is missing the canopy when aegis mod and fir weapon mod are loaded together

any fix for this

Unfortunately I don't play with that mod so don't expect make some fix soon.

On 1/29/2024 at 2:27 AM, ShaKodemon said:

in my case, the AGM-84 Slam-er H in the GPS mod flies more than 32 miles and hits the target (I haven’t tested it at a greater distance yet), but in the CG mod I was able to hit the target only at a distance of 20 miles (and at a greater distance the missile self-destructs, as I think, after a certain time, maybe 2 minutes) is it working correctly ?
and why the AGM-84 TV head doesn't  have a zoom?

GPS mode is moving by "script"(override, and never lose the speed during flight actually) and CG mode is moving by missile's thrust itself, just player control where to head. so both mode may different range.

and why doesn't have a zoom? because "Didn't" made it in that time.

11 hours ago, firewill said:

because "Didn't" made it in that time.

do you have plans to add this in the future?

10 hours ago, ShaKodemon said:

do you have plans to add this in the future?

Yeah I'll take a look what I can.

Hi ive been looking everywhere for the pilot and aircrew mod but i cant seem to find a working link, is there a newer updated link available?

10 hours ago, Stephen Yong said:

Hi ive been looking everywhere for the pilot and aircrew mod but i cant seem to find a working link, is there a newer updated link available?

That's integrated to FIR AWS long time ago.

Have a very weird problem when trying to place down the firewill models in zeus and eden editor and it crashes the game instantly. I have tried working my way around this by de-activating every other mod except for the all the firewill mods and its required dependency and it still won't work. Is there something that I am doing wrong. I use Arma 3 on mac by the way and I don't know if that is the root cause of the problem but any help and guidance would be appreciated. 

9 hours ago, patisthebest said:

Have a very weird problem when trying to place down the firewill models in zeus and eden editor and it crashes the game instantly. I have tried working my way around this by de-activating every other mod except for the all the firewill mods and its required dependency and it still won't work. Is there something that I am doing wrong. I use Arma 3 on mac by the way and I don't know if that is the root cause of the problem but any help and guidance would be appreciated. 

Unfortunately mac version is might be not work with my mods.

Could you do some sort of better ai-piloting at low altitudes ,a little like low flying missile?    Could we get some sort of cheat with EA-6B EW to chase off missiles and make AAA units to shoot more like close,but not too close to player and if you can even make them hit ai planes but not make them crash ,at least not right away.