.kju

Steam workshop policing is meant to work how?

Dont miss the other pages - its 13 entries ;)

;2928138']Dont miss the other pages - its 13 entries ;)

yeah i am aware, 3 pages of IP infringement...and it's actually 19

Having said that, we can ask Valve to help solve such issues in Steam backend, somehow.

Make signature files mandatory for WS upload.

Collect legitimate biprivatekeys from proven authors through BI Forums, and enable only those in your WS-upload tool to actually upload stuff.

Problem solved.

It´s extra work, sure. But oh boy does it sound better than:

atm it's mainly me checking the WS items ...

the issue atm. is that there is something broken in STEAM WS content moderation

and as result one can't tell why was something reported, by who etc.

so all I have is huge list of reported items

it would be sometimes better when posting also reason why (not always obvious enough)

well the reason is always: unauthorized use of 3rd party work

most of these are collections/sets of mods from different authors

4) can BI make an official statement about steam workshop?

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

as stupid as it, the current method of dealing with IP issues is NOT really solved by flagging those files as incompatible, since it only hides the content, it does not remove it, or stops downloading of files for other people.

If current Steam API doesn't allow steam moderators - as in dwarden - to deal with it in other way - or simply remove those files from steam (since there are no track records left) - i would really want to see BIS stance on the matter. So far everything was dealt with privately, and there is no official word on the matter.

if you affected author/I owner then it's recommended you file both

1. normal report and/or notify me (so we can take various actions like warning in private discussion of the workshop entry and flagging it as incompatible (thus it become visible only to those who have url, are owner or admins)

2. DMCA complaint notice

for 1) reason I for now use the incompatible flagging is to have list/history of those violations, reports and warnings we issued

for 2) this has separate history tracker so it's important to be used by authors/IP owners to complete/combine with 1.

if you affected author/I owner then it's recommended you file both

1. normal report and/or notify me (so we can take various actions like warning in private discussion of the workshop entry and flagging it as incompatible (thus it become visible only to those who have url, are owner or admins)

2. DMCA complaint notice

for 1) reason I for now use the incompatible flagging is to have list/history of those violations, reports and warnings we issued

for 2) this has separate history tracker so it's important to be used by authors/IP owners to complete/combine with 1.

Could you sticky that so that it doesn't become lost over time?

Could you sticky that so that it doesn't become lost over time?

it's subject to change (sort of) as the system improves ... so I would prefer to not make major fuzz about it, yet

666 hours played of Arma 3, definitely infidel material ;) {j/k for slower ones}

Here is another suggestion: A way to display of an item has been reviewed by BI/Valve would be useful (like "verified").

Right now you have no idea if problematic uploads were simply not yet looked into, or found (falsely) as legit after review.

what is wrong with the above?