Sign in to follow this  
vagrantauthor

Marksman Update changed Stance Adjust control configurability

The Marksman update has separated the Stance Adjust option under Configure -> Controls -> Infantry Movement into separate key bindings for each direction of movement. Up to this point, I have used a single key (Mouse Button #5) as a stance adjust button. When this key was pressed in addition to WASD, the character's stance adjusted accordingly and this combination does not interfere with other uses of the CTRL button as I have mapped it. Now that the keybindings have been separated, I am no longer able to use Mouse Button #5 as stance adjust because Arma does not allow me to push this mouse button AND one of the keyboard keys at the same time. It registers each as a separate key press even if I am holding one while pushing the other.

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem? Ideally, I'd like to see the single key option for Stance Adjust returned. Perhaps include it in addition to the separate key bindings for those of us who have no use for separating them?

I did a search for this issue, but considering the recency of the Marksmen DLC release, I didn't find any other reference to it.

Hopefully this isnt true, and if it is . Thats its fixed asap.

From reading ur post I had my stance adjust set to space.. But now i believe i might place all my adjust keys on mouse 5 . My zoom key is currently mouse 5 but imma move it to hold 2nd mouse

WHAT i plan on making my controls

Change optics hold mouse 5+ 2nd mouse

Change Grenade type hold mouse 5+G

Stance adjust w,a,s,d +hold mouse 5

GPS hold mouse 5+M

yOU GET MY POINT

I've noticed that as well, I hope it's not a permanent thing. Doesn't seem like there's any valid reason to get rid of it.

Does anyone else characters have shoulder and crotch pads all of the sudden??

Does anyone else characters have shoulder and crotch pads all of the sudden??

You know the Carrier Special Rig and the Carrier GL Rig have been in the game for ages but always used the same model as the plate carrier lite (only their configs were different), they basically actually created the models to go with those entries, so the special rig has upper-arm armour and the grenadier one has a crotch plate as well. The AAF grenadier vest has a similar thing now as well.

I've been using the same plate carrier this whole time. I was getting my kit loaded this morning and was like damn, why does my character look like a Fobbit? lol I guess the update did that. oh well.

Thanks for the direction, oukej. After following some links through the links you provided, I found an assigned ticket dealing with something close enough to the problem I've described that I think fixing it will fix my problem. My fingers are crossed for a future update.

EDIT:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23450

This is the ticket I found, by the way.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Include assigned ticket link.

So I just checked my control binds and those other threads, I am to understand that the stance modifier is now gone?

Why? There was nothing wrong with it, it was useful.

Well, it isnt gone.

Before the update, you just had one key to press and you could change your stance with your movement keys.

Now there are 4 of them : 1 up, 1 down, 1 left and 1 right.

But in fact, it doesnt matter:

just configure the stance up by biding your previous key + up (do it for each of them) and you will see no difference

Well, it isnt gone.

Before the update, you just had one key to press and you could change your stance with your movement keys.

just configure the stance up by biding your previous key + up (do it for each of them) and you will see no difference

I updated my controls, as I was using space+(W,A,S,D) to alter my stance, it seems to work just as good as it did.

Still, I can empathize with anyone who was caught off guard by the change.

Well, it isnt gone.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work quite so simply for people who used a mouse button as their stance adjust key. For example, I used MB#5 for my key, but Arma does not allow me to set up the controls with MB#5 + W,A,S or D. Whenever MB#5 is pressed, it is registered by itself regardless of whether or not I push another button. In other words, pushing MB#5 and W results in these keys being individual "stance adjust up" options, not both of them together.

There would be no problem at all if I and others like me were allowed to set up a mouse button + a keyboard button together, which we cannot do. The only possibility is to use the options from this list on the right of the customize controls box, and that list is not all encompassing of the possibilities.

Agreed, very annoying has broken my mousewheel hack that worked by setting mouse wheel up to forward down to back etc... frustrating.

As of 1.44 combining with mouse button works, as intended, at least for stance adjust. You can change in whatever 'direction' you want while holding MB#5. However not for some other actions. For example deploy weapon works with LShift + MB#5 but not MB#5 + LShift. Now one may think, OK you are just nitpicking now and you probably right but if you use (in this case) MB#5 in combination with other keys for multiple actions then it can be a problem. I for one do not have 15 buttons on my mouse, unfortunately.

Yes. Please bring back the "single stance" button modifier. Please. Please.

We should be able to have all options. The 4 new ones, and the old single shift-style we had before. We all use Gamepads when we play, and we had just the stance button mapped to a shoulder button on the controller. Worked perfect!

Now it sucks bad when we have to put down the controller during a firefight, everyone yelling "what keys are all the stance keys again!?" We had 99% of what we need all mapped to the gamepad. Definitely a step backward.

OK, I think I have this sorted out.

Running into a new problem with my brand new Afterglow Xbox Controllers (grrr, don't get me started on Microsoft), I see that MS designs their controllers so the Triggers are just ONE Button! What the heck? Its the Z-Axis. OMG. So you CAN NOT have both Triggers used at the same time. For example, L.Trigger=Optics Temporary and R.Trigger=Fire will NOT work. Two physical buttons, but only one Axis. Dumb! Why?

So after a week of searching, homework, and experimenting... I ended up getting PGP Software for mapping complex commands, macros, multi-states, fully programmable, etc. You can also set multi SHIFT-STATES to turn the Controller into several.

Anyway. So now I have the L.Shoulder Button as a SHIFT-STATE Button and then use the L.Stick for all 4 Stance Adjust Keys while holding that Button. Works Great.

Amazing Software!

I'll post my .pin profile and more details later in a separate thread.

Edited by Goblin

I dig up this thread because the problem reappeared. I've just updated to 1.48 after several months not playing the game. While you can now assign a WASD+MseBtn combo to the stance adjustment controls, they no longer work in game. WASD+LftCtrl still work though.

Anyone else experiencing that issue ?

Edit : ok, MseBtn#5 is broken, but MseBtn#4 works fine. Go figure.

Edited by Igitur