AISS3 Feat of Arms

This is our new installment of the AISS series. This is very much a WIP not even Alpha yet. FOA still has few outdated scripts from AISS2 but much improvements and additions have been made.

Features:

1) Dubbing:

a) We have added Dubbing to help get a feel for your troops or enemy troops only WEST is done.

b) When Morale is low and a unit is taking fire they will holler out for help.

c) When a unit is hit he will holler out in pain.

d) When a unit is laying down some fire he will let you know.

note: Mind you they wont do this repetitively as it gets well to repetitive. ;)

2) Morale Stance controls:

a) If morale is normal to high Bis or other AI enhancement has control.

b) If morale drops a bit they will stay crouched especially if there is known contact that's a threat.

c) While underfire they will stay proned. Unless unit gets a bit froggy.

3) Support control:

a) Units can and will if availible call for arty support. There is some calculations in here so its not just dropping mortar rounds on your head.

b) Units can and will call for back up if they percieve enemy units are threat enough.

c) Units will use all weapons at there disposal.

d) They will search buildings for enemy contacts if there was buildings nearby during contact.

e) for the time being CAS works like any other units. They get called and bis scripts determan how to handle enemy.

4) Garrison/Patrol control

a) There a modules for the mission maker. These must be synced in order for FOA to use them. Other wise custom Mission's and campaigns will get broken.

b) Way Points do play a factor when a unit is synced to those modules. Hold,no WP's, or finished all wp's they will Garrison.

c) Patrol does same except Seek and Destroy works in place of HOLD.

KEEP in mind: Fire fights will be drawn out longer as its more calculated what AI will do. ;) In other words a unit taking fire will not move in enemy fire to a way point. Or move in suspected line of fire from enemies.

todo:

Expand on FOA modules. Add options for range triggers and other stuff (ideas?)

Maybe add a module just for supporting units or for non supporting units.

Make dubbing work with all languages

Give different strategies for sides and units

Add strategies for different unit classes.

Tweak and edit previously mentioned.

WIP PREVIEW

WIP PREVIEW STEAM

FOA ALPHA 1 3/29/15

FOA left somethingout fix 3/30/15

MAKE sure that you put userconfigs folder in Arma 3 directory.

Give us your thoughts and wish list, and when time permits. We will see what we can do.

OH as of now it is compatible with Bcombat and ASR.

Final note: PWEASSSE KEEP in mind this is just a wip pre alpha release for feedback and requests. ;)

4/9/15

Change log:

Started scripts for servers we have a server now and will be running test. KEEP in mind none of us know what we are doing server side yet so may still be a bit before I can give a deffinate yes on works on servers

Fixed exclude bug

fixed units getting stuck

added code and tweaked cover script Units will now take cover and move up on enemy while going in and out of cover. Still early work but looks pretty good right now.

Tweaked Garrison script Building search radius is now based on unit size.

Few other tweaks.

Also had to redo Steam as they made changes after about 2 hours I think I figured out how to update it correctly on steam! lol So if you are subscribed you will have to re subscribe, to get newest one and on. FOAonSTEAM

FOA LATEST

Cedits:

Mikey74 Author

CosmicR10 CoAuthor and Technical

StTosin CoAuthor and Technical

FroggyLuv CoAuthor and SOUNDMAN!!!

GraemeShute is credited for FOA's new LOGO!!! Great Job man!

Great Job team!!! There is a ton of other that has helped out and We thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!! :)

Edited by Mikey74
  • Like 3

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Mikey74) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Mikey74 and the A.I.M Team;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Those are coming. I have extremely slow internet. So I cannot do many videos. For this it would take a few minutes of video which will take me about an hour a minute sometimes, BUT Cosmic has a few video's using the new FOA in this thread post #73 last 2 videos I believe. But I think some of the team may be working on a few videos and a sample mission using east to west with FOA. So hopefully they will be done by this weekend. :)

Forgot this one. Sttosin made few days ago when we was deciding what to do with FOA. You can see the enemy AI trying to stick to higher ground, seeking cover, taking shots, and trying to keep Sttosin suppressed. You can also hear some cry's when his team mates get hit. There are probably over 100 different dubbings in the mod itself thanks to Froggy. They cover being suppressed, suppressing and being hit.

Edited by Mikey74

Wow I am glad AISS is living on since it's one of my favorite mods. Thanks Mikey74!!

For testing purposes please try the Mod on its own without any other AI enhancements mods/scripts.

Well here it is :)

Good to see this see the light of day.Just found it after a nice break from Arma,a warm welcome back indeed.

Thanks Mikey!

I don't have enough courage to ask,but...

Dedicated Server kompatible?

Aiss1 and aiss2 wasn't.

Different now?

Latest version is really good so far. ;)

Hey miky, AISS2 was good as hell but i couldn't use it because of AGM.

Any chance to make AISS3 compatible with AGM?

Nice stuff so far, many thanks for the work. I enjoy the retreating ai and pop smoke ect.

Little video as a civvie seeing how they behave rough work get you get the idea:

I'd love to see Greek, Farsi, Russian and Arabic shouts added as well :D

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

Hearing the AAF soldiers screaming out in Greek in the heat of battle would be pretty damn awesome.

Server is still iffy no way to test and I have very limited knowledge of servers.

AGM... What parts are conflicting. If possible could you make a video and explain what it is you're seeing. If its possible and I can do it. I'll fix it. ;)

Also to other FOA/AISS fans. Videos would be nice of what you see and what you do not like. I'm a visual learner and maybe it will help speed up my understand of what it is you do not like.

Maybe just maybe by the time this is actually ready for a release. We can have it working with other mods and servers. If not already.

Dubbing "HEY WATCH OUT I'M GONA LIGHT EM UP!!!" Battlefield 3? oh the memories thanks man hahaha fucking love it

Firstly, thanks a bunch, I'm currently testing this with bcombat, as a single player only guy, this is a huge improvement over vanilla. One thing I would love to see addressed in the future is CQB in urban environments. The AI teammates always seem to want to spread out and on maps like fallujah they end up getting lost. Years ago there was a game where the player lead a USMC fireteam through an urban environment. When the player moved up to a wall or a corner, the AI squad mates would naturally stack up in tactical formations. Can't think for the life of me what the game was called (anyone remember?), although I seem to remember that the Marines actually used it as a simulator IRL before it was released as a game.

Anyway, I'd love to see an AI mod that changed squad behaviour in urban environments, so the squad mates automatically drew in closer, covered intersections etc. In vanilla they seem to treat cities the same way as forests, open fields etc and spread out as far as possible, get lost etc. Just a thought. I''ll be keenly following progress of this mod, great work.

Firstly, thanks a bunch, I'm currently testing this with bcombat, as a single player only guy, this is a huge improvement over vanilla. One thing I would love to see addressed in the future is CQB in urban environments. The AI teammates always seem to want to spread out and on maps like fallujah they end up getting lost. Years ago there was a game where the player lead a USMC fireteam through an urban environment. When the player moved up to a wall or a corner, the AI squad mates would naturally stack up in tactical formations. Can't think for the life of me what the game was called (anyone remember?), although I seem to remember that the Marines actually used it as a simulator IRL before it was released as a game.

Anyway, I'd love to see an AI mod that changed squad behaviour in urban environments, so the squad mates automatically drew in closer, covered intersections etc. In vanilla they seem to treat cities the same way as forests, open fields etc and spread out as far as possible, get lost etc. Just a thought. I''ll be keenly following progress of this mod, great work.

This was called Full Spectrum Warrior. Really was thinking the SAME thing about Arma 3 and use of CQB stacking - or lack of.

Don't know how the engine could accommodate for something like this, but would make city battles much more dynamic.

hmmm IT will be very tricky. BUT may be able to get something in here for that. I think my next tinker break from FOA I'll look into custom formations. THIS may be key here. not sure but have thought of this kinda thing for a while.

AGM... What parts are conflicting. If possible could you make a video and explain what it is you're seeing. If its possible and I can do it. I'll fix it. ;)

Well it is easy to explain:

1: when enemies spots you and you are suppressing fire, they are go prone for all the mission.

2: they doesnt use smoke at all

3: they doesnt have automatic cover seeking/ patrolling etc''...

4. They are in the same position placed in the editor. and when they spot you/start to shoot at you/ you shoot at them, they go prone for all the mission as i mentioned on the 3 top issues.

Thank you for an awesome mod!!

Well it is easy to explain:

1: when enemies spots you and you are suppressing fire, they are go prone for all the mission.

2: they doesnt use smoke at all

3: they doesnt have automatic cover seeking/ patrolling etc''...

4. They are in the same position placed in the editor. and when they spot you/start to shoot at you/ you shoot at them, they go prone for all the mission as i mentioned on the 3 top issues.

Thank you for an awesome mod!!

Yeah i got that too.. In old AISS the guys would automatically patrol garisson and so... Now i have to use Modules.

Let me see If I understand correctly:

1) If you're in contact you the player go prone for all mission and cant stand or crouch?

2)AI never uses smoke?

3)AI never seek cover?

4)If you shoot at AI and they know your there, they dont stand up so you can shoot them?

This happens only with FOA and AGM running, but works ok with only AISS?

Wird but when I use this mod which I love by the way on my mission where there is a lot of ai being spawned in and deleted it seem to slow it down to the point where units will not delete. I will have to wait like 10 min for it to start to delete units. When I disable the mod my mission works fine like it has been. So I don't know if it removes all the variable from a unit or it just takes a while.

On the topic of the AI voices, If you need sound samples for greek stuff how about trying some audio from greek riot police footage or something ( they have a shit ton of riots and shout stuff, im sure there is probably some usable stuff in that sort of footage) and for arabic stuff there are like 9000000 syrian war videos which have alot of arabic shouting and the like.