I'd like to make a suggestion if I may..have you thought about getting together with anyone else about how these will be deployed..I know they can be airlifted in but to be able to have them loaded on the back of a Truck would be great as well..I know a lot of progress has been made with towing lately..even if they get loaded onto a dolly and use the "Advanced Towing" mod.script that "duda" made it would really go along way I think. Just something to ponder. Really do like the looks of these..excellent work.

Diesel

I'd like to make a suggestion if I may..have you thought about getting together with anyone else about how these will be deployed..I know they can be airlifted in but to be able to have them loaded on the back of a Truck would be great as well..I know a lot of progress has been made with towing lately..even if they get loaded onto a dolly and use the "Advanced Towing" mod.script that "duda" made it would really go along way I think. Just something to ponder. Really do like the looks of these..excellent work.

Diesel

So the short answer is yes. My plan all along has been to make it easily integrated with other mods, and now that I have joined the lovely lads over in 16AA, that will defenatly be a thing. 

I'll probably get around to getting a MAN Truck made to be used with these at one point trough 16AA as they are needing that for the future for other stuff as well. 

So yeah, towing is defenatly something that's getting looked into.  :D

• Like 1

So it's been a productive week, but not really on containers. 

The Land rover models that are about currently are more or less all arma 2 ports that for lack of a better word looks a bit like shite. 

So, since we were looking into getting some new once anyway, I have started out with some old arma 2 models and completly redone the lot (except the guns, those look decent enough) and redone the whole model from the ground up with a modern workflow and standard.

A few tad bits from the old model still around for size referencing and stuff for myself, but everything is redone completely. (seats, ugly as hell air box etc are some relics from the past for size reference when I get around to making those parts proper) 

The model below is only about 25% done and in the blockout phase. (Think of it as basic shapes vs advanced shapes) but it's a good start at least towards getting a modern version around to be used. 

Once the basic up-armored one is complete i'll probly make the basic models as well to go along with it,like the snatch and the like.

Easy enough to do when the model is made with a workflow that wasnt phased out last century, aka nothing modular.  :P

So yeah, super rough blocking out phase still but I promised a weekly update so here it is, even though a tad late.  ^_^

As always, enjoy and have a great week! 

//AFDS

0WCy2uz.jpg

• Like 11

Another week another update. Tad slow but that's what happens when you are moving I suppose. 

Last week i've been looking into the wonderful software that is Autocad Revit, which really fills alot of "holes" in what I wanted for making normal buildings. 

So, since I was technically speaking a student a little back for a whopping week to take a field I had been doing at work in the past, I got myself a student licence. 

Pretty amazing program really. Once you've got it all setup it's pretty straight forward, and the polycounts out of the box is spot on for what I need. 

Much like my containers, one of the things that is sorely lacking in the arma verse is varied buildings. Even with new custom maps theres a million of the old buildings over and over and it gets a bit drab. 

And since i've got all year to get my stuff out there (or thats my own deadline anyway) i'll be looking into getting some of my training buildings done in a correct way. 

Modeling buildings in maya or max is just a pain in the..insert favorite word here... in comparison to a proper architect tool. 

So, on that note, have a small look at a 2ish hour build after getting my feet wet and still learning, a "small" motel with full interiors. 

Just raytraced in revit, so pardon the rather subpar quality of the render, but im sure you get the general idea.  :P

Until next time, enjoy.

//AFDS

Ic4k3Ze.jpg

• Like 8

Man.. does moving take forever!  

Good to finally have time to get back to work, phew! 

So from all my experimenting I figured it was about time to start doing some texture stuff on a crate and get it ingame to check that everything is working like I want it to before adding more shit. 

No glorious renders, but Substance Painter does the trick more or less in a pinch. 

Just a small preview of some still early in the works textures for the drone/uav crate. Last thing I want to make is a pretty and pristine crates. A warzone is neither.  :lol:

Edit: New picture for second pass of outside and some start of inside.

f54Byyz.jpg

Anyway, have a great weekend and as always, enjoy. 

//AFDS

• Like 10

Not modeling relevant, but still is.. Oh the glory. 

Anyway, quite a few guys have poked me over the months wondering how I do shit, so since one of my buddies in 16AA wanted to learn some basics I made a quick maya 101 tutorial for him.

Im an amateur hobbyist, and I spent about 5 minutes preparing for this so dont expect a pro tutorial. 

But it does go trough the basics of how I model the basic shit I model at least. 

Hopefully it can be helpful for someone that wants to get their teeth into modeling, and if not, then ignore the hell out of it ha ha.

Due to first tutorial ever, i'll mumble a few words so just hit me with a stick each time and i'll talk straight eventually with less norwegian accent.  :lol:

//AFDS

• Like 2

Hey AFDS,

hope it´s all going good!

Is there a new update, on how far the mod is? :)

Failed to notice the 1st June post sadly.

Not dead, but certainly grinded a bit to a halt due to RL work picking up this early summer.

Some work has been done however, but its mainly optimizing and reworking the old stuff which doesn't really need an updated post.

So have to pardon the slowpoke update schedule here, but RL takes priority. :)

• Like 4

Just wanted to confirm. Now that you are back working on this mod, is it still okay to make use of the source models you released a while ago - provided you are given full credit for the original work in the release notes?

• Like 1

Absolutely. 

Hit me up on a PM and i'll send you the newest work models that im working on in Maya if you want to get your hands on the updated stuff. 

Aka the old once are pretty shit.  ;)

Just wanted to confirm. Now that you are back working on this mod, is it still okay to make use of the source models you released a while ago - provided you are given full credit for the original work in the release notes?

• Like 4

Hey Fox!

Is there a new Update, on when the release will be?

Greets from Germany

Hey Fox!

Is there a new Update, on when the release will be?

Greets from Germany

Before the other side of this Forum has a chance to do it, I'll  quickly respond to you: This kind of question is not really appreciated here. The reason is, that modder create their amazing work in their free time and as a hobby. So anything that is considered pressure is unwanted. The basic answer you'll get to this question is: "When its done!" (sometimes followed by more)

^^

Just wanted to tell you as nice as possible.

Greetings Back from Germany  :P

• Like 1

Been -playing CTI quite a bit lately and every time I deploy a FOB I think about this mod..lol..would so cool to be able to integrate this in and have a real FOB in the game..great great work so far.

Diesel

• Like 1

Agree with Diesel. Those who have been around the game long enough build a mental library of mods with so much promise which, for what ever reason, never make it in-game. This one ranks up there with the mod that allowed players to watch a video in-game.

I wonder if emoglobinsky could be convinced to take this on. His EM Buildings are amazing

• Like 1

Before the other side of this Forum has a chance to do it, I'll  quickly respond to you: This kind of question is not really appreciated here. The reason is, that modder create their amazing work in their free time and as a hobby. So anything that is considered pressure is unwanted. The basic answer you'll get to this question is: "When its done!" (sometimes followed by more)

^^

Just wanted to tell you as nice as possible.

Greetings Back from Germany  :P

I didn´t mean to be rude or something. Please not that.

I just wanted to know if he´s still working on it :)

2 minutes ago, Max Claessen said:

hey looks so amazing so far :) got some update info ? 

Please do not ask for updates, it's against the forum rules, and is considered "spamming" thank you.

48 minutes ago, Max Claessen said:

hey looks so amazing so far :) got some update info ? 

This mod has been handed over to the AM Studios conversion mod as the original author has no time. 

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, J. Adams said:

This mod has been handed over to the AM Studios conversion mod as the original author has no time. 

Too bad the original Creator doesn't have time..i know from the pics he put a lot of work into this..good to see it being picked up by someone though..Good luck to AM Studios..I'll be watching this for sure.

Diesel

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Max Claessen said:

Is there an option to get the assets to finish them by my self to play?

This mod has been taken over by AM studios as mentioned above

1 hour ago, Foxone said:

This mod has been taken over by AM studios as mentioned above

Yes but it's worth a try asking fox if you can get them if your community Dosent want to use a mod that there unit/community portrays that's country.

As a note guys, I understand a lot of people want this without the rest of the AM Studios pack so once they're completed they will be released on a standalone version