Sign in to follow this  
Addis0n

Can't get multiplayer to work

Hello, recently after playing dayz overpoch on a server for a night I was having difficulties connecting to the server (not sure if dayz is relevant in any way just describing situation). Then I was no longer able to connect at all. Then I tried connecting to vanilla arma 2 oa server, none show in the server browser anymore. When I try to make a new listen server on either lan or internet the window does not come up, nothing happens when i click new.

I have tried

-re installing/updating battleye

-validating arma 2 and arma 2 oa and all dlcs

-deleting everything and starting from scratch by redownloading

-turning off firewall, forwarding router ports

Does anyone have any idea why the multiplayer would just break like this? I cannot view any servers in the server browser even if I use remote ip and default filter settings. I know that previously it would take up to 30 seconds for the servers to show up, now I cannot view any at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is my favorite game. Arma III works perfectly fine.

I have the same issue as the op I think

I ran A2 OA (steam) and there was only 1 maybe 2 servers listed in multi-player. Like on the screen https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21346889/2015-05-19_00001.jpg

- It was all working when I was playing like a week ago or so.

- I can connect to that one server and play, no problem with that. It says it requires BattlEye and it initializes without problems. So it's not a global ban or anything like that.

- I opted in for beta update and still no servers.

- Both srvers are from my country (Poland). Not sure why.

- I did try validating arma 2 and arma 2 oa and all dlcs

- I did reset my router, forwarded ports (newer needed that but to be sure)

- I did netsh winsock reset thing from BattlEye faq

I can provide any info about my system and what is running on it if you want.

Adational info:

If i go to Steam> View > Servers > I can't see any servers as well...

So, the server issue is because of updates? Steam issue? Or something else? Where to look for help?

EDIT: Noticed something strange

If I go to filters and Change game/mission type I see one or two different servers with that mission type... That way, i can find maybe 6 servers via in-game server browser... I Have no idea what the heck is going on here :|

EDIT:2 I just checked if changing ping i filters to 0 helps. No change. It is still the same.

The thing is. If I change a mission type from that menu: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21346889/2015-05-21_00003.jpg

I can see one or two different servers, but if I choose that first blank option I should see all servers. At last all servers that I can see with other mission types. But still I see only one or two random servers :/

Edited by Invi
Update 2