CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

forceAddUniform should be the scripting command you're looking for, you need that to add uniforms to soldiers of different sides (WEST uniforms on EAST soldiers, etc).

That's just how arma works.

Funny thing is. I have no clue where this "Banned" came from, if I were banned I wouldn't be able to write or log in right? I've recently returned to BIS Forum just to see a massive change.

As I mentioned. Curiosity, I did think of dependencies since its easier that way.

I will have to admit, never worked on a mod that has dependency from a major mod so I just gotta get my head around this.

Modding in Arma 3 is far more confusing than what it was in arma 2 for me.

Anyway thank you for your answer.

I don't know what you're into (modeling, texturing, scripting, etc) but the only two major problems with Arma 3 i found are soldier items like vests and uniforms, and land vehicles physx, everything else is pretty much smooth sailing, it just takes a huge amount of time converting paths and checking everything.

Just a little thought.

FN FAL's recoil is kind of... Too small for what a punch it can give. I think the recoil of it, especially on Full Auto should be increased.

EDIT: Actually MOST of weapons need a recoil boost.

They should be using vanilla recoils, though. I didn't have that impression last time i used it.

I don't know what you're into (modeling, texturing, scripting, etc) but the only two major problems with Arma 3 i found are soldier items like vests and uniforms, and land vehicles physx, everything else is pretty much smooth sailing, it just takes a huge amount of time converting paths and checking everything.

They should be using vanilla recoils, though. I didn't have that impression last time i used it.

Used 7.62x51mm and 5.56mm, they all have the same recoil, either something is conflicting with other mod or that is bugged?

Anyway, I am more than free to help out make/contribute with RACS if needed and then you can implement them if you like them. In well. More of a texturing/small config work

Just a little thought.

FN FAL's recoil is kind of... Too small for what a punch it can give. I think the recoil of it, especially on Full Auto should be increased.

EDIT: Actually MOST of weapons need a recoil boost.

Recoil is NOT directly proportional to the "punch" something can give.  Recoil I assume in this discussion means how much the weapon jumps off-boresight since you can't measure true recoil forces in-game.  In the gun world I guess we would call it muzzle jump, but recoil is fine I guess.

The FAL is a heavier weapon.  It has a gas-assisted feed operation.  Its recoil is significantly less than say a recoil-assisted feed, as found on HK weapons like the G3.  My FAL's recoil pretty much about like vanilla recoil when at the range.  Standing etc. you'll have more recoil of course.  FAL w/ vanilla recoil is "OK" in my opinion.

Also you can't compare recoil of 5.56 to 7.62x51 because the platforms themselves are all different.  The AR's I have shot have a bit more recoil than you'd expect, simply because they are much lighter.  That energy has to go somewhere!  Compared to my Galil, AK101 clone, or my FNC, all of which are heavier.  They have less MUZZLE JUMP and yet all shoot the same round.

• Like 2

Can someone give me the link to the repository?  I can't seem to connect to it so I assume I have copied it down incorrectly.

Chairborne, I am very happy I didn't have to place all those cargo Proxies :D

• Like 2

Added an Mi-6T variant for troop transport, it has room for 54 soldiers in the back:

Six of the Mi-6Ts would literally burn server up bringing a battalion-size infantry unit onto the battlefield ;) 

BTW, nice job with that seats layout Chairborne, I like it :)

• Like 1

Six of the Mi-6Ts would literally burn server up bringing a battalion-size infantry unit onto the battlefield ;)

MEH - Our Weapons Mi-26 is doing pretty ok on OFP engine in SP with large scale paradrops and whatnot.

No need for this in MP tho (IMHO) since the risk of burning up an entire side in seconds is just too big.

I'd rather go for several Mi-8s.

Still an impressive airframe and a much needed asset in SP scenarios.  B)

I'm still editing KaRRiLLioNs rts3 from ofp to arma3 , things are still sqs but going good (its 100% playable) soon I'm hoping to add cup to it.

thank you for this awesome port and addons. 

Are there any plans for a fully low-vis scheme for the CH-53E?  

New vehicles roll off CUP production lines:

Thanks to RHS for donating us their Woodland textures!

That is some sweet looking vic´s! :) Any ideas for BMP:s /BTR-60-80? etc?

That is some sweet looking vic´s! :) Any ideas for BMP:s /BTR-60-80? etc?

BMP1/2 are work in progress as we speak, BTR-60 is already present, there are no plans for a BTR-80 (we don't have sources and for the time being we are not actively looking for them, so unless a good samaritan offers them it will be a loooong time).

• Like 1

BMP1/2 are work in progress as we speak, BTR-60 is already present, there are no plans for a BTR-80 (we don't have sources and for the time being we are not actively looking for them, so unless a good samaritan offers them it will be a loooong time).

Ah stupid me, didn´t remember the BTR-60 already being there! BMP:s will be a nice addition when they´re ready! :)

Another question. I know very little about modding so bare with me...  if a modder would be interested, would it be possible for him to make smaller "units pack" based on CUP? I mean, if you would like to have a "tanks only" -pack or "fixed wing" -pack only would it be possible?

The current BMP1/2 line up as we speak. http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/645502546389383705/47D8708923F4C5F5B5EC1547792EE0A45B341033/

In the back on the left, you can see the great Russian pattern that Adanteh put together :) I'm currently trying to tackle FFV as to put 4 slots on top to ride outside and fire. As well as a BMP-1P and BMP-1D using a Konkurs ATGM and AGS-17 respectively. 

• Like 7

After playing this awesome mod with all packs, excellent work so far, found a bug (I think) where the infantry of the Takistani Army is not showing up in Zeus(since I read they are ingame)

It's a bug we can't quite figure out. This happens with all complete factions, USMC, KSK and Taki Army are not spawnable through Zeus for some reason.

Oh my, the Mi-6T and the new BMPs look glorious. Can't wait use those in the editor.

If this ain't an awesome Xmas present then I don't know what is...   :bounce2:  :bounce2:  :bounce2:  :bounce2:

Are there any plans for a fully low-vis scheme for the CH-53E?  

Yes, there are plans for that. But no date to realize that. Just be patient ;)

Another question. I know very little about modding so bare with me...  if a modder would be interested, would it be possible for him to make smaller "units pack" based on CUP? I mean, if you would like to have a "tanks only" -pack or "fixed wing" -pack only would it be possible?

This would be possible, but only if all CUP mods would be ripped apart. The reason is the internal dependency of the CUP mods, explained in first post.

It's a bug we can't quite figure out. This happens with all complete factions, USMC, KSK and Taki Army are not spawnable through Zeus for some reason.

Do you have proper class in theirs config, like:

scopeCurator = 2;       /// 2 means available from Zeus, whereas 0 means hidden

at the same level as "scope = public;" or "scope = 2;" class is placed. That's the only thing that pops into my head.

No need for this in MP tho (IMHO) since the risk of burning up an entire side in seconds is just too big.

As a matter of fact, I've made the addon having coop missions in mind as an asset for heavy equipment transport  but I like the way the DevTeam modified the helicopter :)

Nay, it isn't about scopeCurator, because it works perfectly fine in single player.

Anyway i was just informed that RHS had the same issue, apparently you need to have CUP addons loaded in the mission.sqm for them to be properly initialized by the server, no clue why.

Nay, it isn't about scopeCurator, because it works perfectly fine in single player.

Anyway i was just informed that RHS had the same issue, apparently you need to have CUP addons loaded in the mission.sqm for them to be properly initialized by the server, no clue why.

activateAddons?