CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

3965 posts in this topic

So, were you guys gonna bring in rotorlib, or at least make it compatible?  Many helis are unflyable with AFM turned on, and it would take about 2 seconds to copy and paste from A3 equivalents or borrow from RHS if they gave permission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ss9 said:

So, were you guys gonna bring in rotorlib, or at least make it compatible?  Many helis are unflyable with AFM turned on, and it would take about 2 seconds to copy and paste from A3 equivalents or borrow from RHS if they gave permission.


No, you can not simply copy the XML from another helo and it will work. No, this is not a 2 second job. The XML does not only contain the flight data, it also contains information about the geometry and this has to be adapted, and trust me when I tell you that this is NOT a trivial nor a quick job to adjust.

If you want to see this done, I suggest you join the team and give a hand in doing it. Otherwise, I'm afraid you will have to wait while we address issues that are more pressing to us. 

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RHS is still using A2 models for many helos, though. Some cooperation would certainly not be a bad idea, though it would probably be more along the lines of importing the whole model+config from RHS and then adapting the configs for CUP units and weapons. I'm sure helo amateurs would appreciate that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pazuzu said:

I run an Epoch server and have two LHD Carriers in it.

 

snip

 

 

you're using SetposATL which uses the Terrain (Ocean Floor) level to check the height, use SetPosASL to use the Sea level.

 

that would be the first thing that comes to my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dragon01 said:

RHS is still using A2 models for many helos, though. Some cooperation would certainly not be a bad idea, though it would probably be more along the lines of importing the whole model+config from RHS and then adapting the configs for CUP units and weapons. I'm sure helo amateurs would appreciate that.

 

To re-iterate:

  1. The Advanced Flight Model is dependent on the model itself. You cannot just copy it. You would need the entire model.
  2. All our helicopter models are modified to allow for our own usage of missile/rocket loadouts. It's not simply taking someone else's model and run with it.
  3. To my knowledge, we don't have anyone on the team using the AFM, so yes, the topic is a neglected area, and it is not likely to change any time soon
  4. If anyone wants to join the team to take care of the AFM, feel free to join our Discord and let us know.

Seriously, though, it's no use in trying to point this out again and again. We're quite aware what is needed and how this stuff works. It's just that nobody is willing to do the work, since (as mentioned above)  nobody on the team is particularly interested in the AFM. I'm really sorry but the day only has 24 hours, and each of us (most of us) only have two hands (not sure about Chairborne), so there is really no way that this can be accelerated by nagging about it - if we had the capacities, we would have done it already.

 

If there are specific issues with a helicopter (for example like the Rotor loss on the Apache) feel free to report them on the issue tracker, although the same caveats apply. 

 

I'm really not trying to be pissy here or to come across as holier-than-thou. It's just, as I tried to point out above, we do not have anybody interested in it, and, let's face it, it's annoying as intercourse to configure the AFM.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Wanting to get back into ArmA after two years of RL hell, one the things I did in the last days of December was update CUP.

 

Having had a browse through the terrains, vehicles and units I have to say that I am immensely impressed by what a great job

the CUP team has (and is) doing. IFor example had thought that some of my favourite Islands, such as Caribou Frontier that the

author did not want to update, would be lost. Wrong :) - they work perfectly in A3 using CUP terrains complete.

 

Many thanks to the team members past and present, and best wishes for a Happy 2017.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr.Skellington said:

 

 

you're using SetposATL which uses the Terrain (Ocean Floor) level to check the height, use SetPosASL to use the Sea level.

 

that would be the first thing that comes to my mind

 

Ahh ok, I never knew what that stood for.

 

I tried making the change to:

 

_pos = [507.486,14504.5,0];
_object = createVehicle ["CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 300.002;
_object setPosASL _pos;

 

Now I see the blue ghost ship at sea level but the actual carrier is still on the ocean floor.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thank you for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More slight improvements getting added to the LAVs:

 

20170107205139_1.jpg

19 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the commander turret had a gun mounted on the rack?  I see the mount...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yeah commanders gun is still there, its just under the M240 version.

 

BpSV6Th.jpg

 

 

 

 

Edited by deltagamer
I want the old forum back :(
7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That NATO Woodland camouflage is absolutely fantastic looking! Love it, will other woodland US camo vehicles get the same treatment in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, deltagamer said:

More slight improvements getting added to the LAVs:

 

I was just looking at them saying they could use a deployment makeover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sputnik monroe said:

That NATO Woodland camouflage is absolutely fantastic looking! Love it, will other woodland US camo vehicles get the same treatment in the future?

 

Hopefully ;)

 

Arma3_x64_2016-12-30_01-09-38-95.jpg

13 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The .nohq seems a bit too much for these APC's unless it's representing mud? The steel/aluminum looks a tad too rough. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, road runner said:

The .nohq seems a bit too much for these APC's unless it's representing mud? The steel/aluminum looks a tad too rough. 

 

I'm not entirely sure, its something Taro would have to comment on since he made most of the new textures. Looking at it now the metal does look slightly rough though

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if someone mentioned this in the past 150 pages but I just noticed that there are no bicycles in the CUP vehicles :dontgetit:. I remember the MTB and the civilian bicycles in Arma 2. I don't know if the CUP team forgot about them or purposely left them out because maybe Arma 3 could not handle them. Great mods though! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EpinephrineAddict said:

purposely left them out because maybe Arma 3 could not handle them.

 

^That^ (AFAIK). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I just found two mods that add them. "Bike", should have saw that coming. But they seem to work just fine. Either way, I'm probably the only guy who missed them so I'm happy I have them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason the metal looks rough in that pic is that the "mud" parts were painted over as well.  The NOHQ could be rebuilt probably, however the mud may be able to be painted over that again.

 

Colors look great :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2017 at 4:07 PM, Varanon said:


No, you can not simply copy the XML from another helo and it will work. No, this is not a 2 second job. The XML does not only contain the flight data, it also contains information about the geometry and this has to be adapted, and trust me when I tell you that this is NOT a trivial nor a quick job to adjust.

If you want to see this done, I suggest you join the team and give a hand in doing it. Otherwise, I'm afraid you will have to wait while we address issues that are more pressing to us. 

I stand corrected.  Hats off to you.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EpinephrineAddict said:

I don't know if someone mentioned this in the past 150 pages but I just noticed that there are no bicycles in the CUP vehicles :dontgetit:. I remember the MTB and the civilian bicycles in Arma 2. I don't know if the CUP team forgot about them or purposely left them out because maybe Arma 3 could not handle them. Great mods though! Thanks!

 

They aren't in because no one made them yet. 

If assets aren't in yet, they will most likely come at one point, no use reminding us about it

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Varanon said:

If assets aren't in yet, they will most likely come at one point, no use reminding us about it

 

In line with this, I recently closed a few tickets on our tracker with "Please port Animals", "Please port X", "Please port Y". These tickets are pointless. The tracker should be regarded as an issue tracker, not a wishlist. We have already stated that our plan is to port everything from Arma 2, but that doesn't mean it will come at once, or in any specific order. So far, nobody has seen any particular reason to tackle the animals, so they are not in yet.

 

I can only stress again that this is a voluntary effort by a bunch of people that do the stuff out of their free will in their spare time. We're not getting paid for it, we're not asking for anything. Since it is our spare time, we reserve the right to at least pick what we are interested in, or what we want to do at that specific moment. There is no point in reminding us to port something; we have a list of assets. If something hasn't been ported yet, or something isn't in yet, then the reason is that nobody was interested in doing it so far.

 

Also, remember (and I am saying this not out of spite or as a 'eff you') that you can always join the team and help out Just join our Discord.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arma 3 physx doesn't handle two-wheel vehicles very well, but i meant to give it another try.

Last time i tinkered with the M1030 i had good results, then my HDD decided it was time to give up on life and took my updated files with it before i could push them to our repo.

Gonna take another look soon-ish.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hcpookie said:

The only reason the metal looks rough in that pic is that the "mud" parts were painted over as well.  The NOHQ could be rebuilt probably, however the mud may be able to be painted over that again.

 

Colors look great :)

I had a feeling it was maybe the "weathering" that was over painted, colours look great indeed!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Thought I'd stop by and let you guys know about a little bug I've been having.

Basically the commander seat M240B on the LAV 25s  ejects over sized casings when compared to the rounds in the belt.

Pic below:

9JzcSTF.jpg

 

Hopefully I haven't wasted your time with a duplicate bug report. 

Cheers and thank you for bringing continuous support to the ArmA series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now