CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

3791 posts in this topic

You can always join the team and take on couple of vehicles?

He had a simple question. This community has to stop taking every non-positive comment as a personal attack.

1 person likes this

He had a simple question. This community has to stop taking every non-positive comment as a personal attack.

We've been over this, no need to warm it up again.

Note that I don't take every non-positive comment as a personal attack, otherwise I would go insane reading Reddit.

4 people like this

Ok, can we cut this crap?

My usual answer is sort of the same and sounds like:
Yes, we will upgrade the overall looks of the content, but this needs time. A lot of time... So if you want faster results, come and join us and help us out.

FYI, we don't take non-positive comments as personal attacks.

2 people like this

Also icebreakr is someone that had a problem with stuff in CUP and actually started contributing to get the stuff changed he wanted.

5 people like this

Just a curious question after every thing is ported will you guy work on improving the quality of the textures or leave it as is ?

Some stuff is already being upgraded, on the other hand we have something like 120 vehicles, plus faction variants, so get comfortable because it's going to take a while. ;)

3 people like this

Hey guys-I just updated all of my CUP mods today. I see in the changelog it says the M-24 should have a suppressor now? I dont seem to have one in the arsenal. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi guys, did I understand it correctly that the issue with the Russians and Takistanis, etc. talking English is a problem on BI's end? Or will/can you fix it?

Also you can't drive in and out of the garage on the flight deck of the LHD :(

seriously, time for AFM.

Hi guys, did I understand it correctly that the issue with the Russians and Takistanis, etc. talking English is a problem on BI's end? Or will/can you fix it?

It's a weird dependency error, and will be hotfixed asap.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

2 people like this

Also you can't drive in and out of the garage on the flight deck of the LHD :(

seriously, time for AFM.

What does AFM have to do with that?

Not many of us use AFM so it is of low priority for us.

2 people like this

Some awesome stuff in this update - loving the quality of the CDF units.

Only thing I've really noticed so far is that the M16A2 sights seem to be slightly misaligned, but that's about it.

Can you report that on our issue trqcker please? Thank you.

I tried posting a bug report, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post on your tracker.

The T-10 parachute, if you use any method other than the scroll wheel static line jump method, you end up injured, I think its because you fall at a rate of 15km/h. 

Tested with and without ACE, both times just light injuries. 

I tried posting a bug report, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post on your tracker.

The T-10 parachute, if you use any method other than the scroll wheel static line jump method, you end up injured, I think its because you fall at a rate of 15km/h. 

Tested with and without ACE, both times just light injuries. 

Did you make sure you have an account on the bug tracker site? 

I understand the realistic speeds, but if you land injured right off the bat, it pretty much breaks the want/ need to do a static line drop. As you have to just bring extra first aid kits or if using ACE medical, extra bandages just to account for the first drop

To be fair both the T-10 and T-11 have rates of descent of 24 and 19 feet per second:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-10_parachute

In real money that's 26 and 21 kph.
At 15 kph, CUP's parachutes sounds, if anything, 50% too slow.
So, is this is a bug or simply Arma damage system being unrealistically harsh?

Hey guys-I just updated all of my CUP mods today. I see in the changelog it says the M-24 should have a suppressor now? I dont seem to have one in the arsenal. Anyone else have this issue?

Can you make a ticket on the tracker? Thanks!

Can you make a ticket on the tracker? Thanks!

Sorry Alwarren, will do.Thanks

1 person likes this

I understand the realistic speeds, but if you land injured right off the bat, it pretty much breaks the want/ need to do a static line drop. As you have to just bring extra first aid kits or if using ACE medical, extra bandages just to account for the first drop

Precisely.

So do we need to adjust Arma's damage modelling system?

Because, although I appreciate that parachuting is a risky operation, I think that the percentage of jumpers who injure their legs is very low (<1%?).

I am wondering if you guys have investigated the possibility off replacing buildings ingame with the ones in this thread. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171990-wip-buildings-of-russian-village/    (This thread contains SOURCE files, located on page2)

They are just existing buildings with interiors. They do however need ALOT of work to meet the CUP standards as they are a few bugs with each building. Maybe an entire re-texture of the insides aswell.

Will flesh out alot of Arma 2 maps lacking enterables.

PHOTO ALBUM (Not all buildings in here 1-2 missing as they need quite abit of work) 

http://imgur.com/a/qCIXb

server has issue  No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.cup_terrains'. how to fix?

server has issue  No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.cup_terrains'. how to fix?

This is most likely a corrupt download.

I am wondering if you guys have investigated the possibility off replacing buildings ingame with the ones in this thread. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171990-wip-buildings-of-russian-village/    (This thread contains SOURCE files, located on page2)

Yes, we have those source files and already checked them. While the interior work is good, the buildings are missing our quality criteria and a lot needs to be done before adding them to CUP (for example they have not enough LODs).

Also: Wrong Thread. Terrains have their own thread ;)

2 people like this

Thank you CUP for the new patch.

My clan is really loving the new CDF uniforms (and i'm loving the chally)!

2 people like this

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I'm getting kicked off my server due to an issue with the "Cup_basedata.pbo" signature not being allow. Everything in the folder is version 1.8.0 except the "Cup_BaseData.pbo" file which is still 1.7.1 in the @CUP_Vehicles folder. It is suppose to be like that when downloaded off of Steam?