CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

We started to use the CUP Weapons on our Wasteland server. First how come the M60E4 has problems being purchased? I know I am using the correct classname:

["M60E4 RAILED", "CUP_lmg_M60E4 ", 700], 

In the Gun Store I can see pics of all the weapons except this one so there is an issue with the M60E4.

Also does anybody have a excel spreadsheet or a simple list of all the CUP Vehicles I can get with their class names on it? The CUP Wiki has too much info to try to copy and paste into notepad++. Wish they would give a download link to some excel file a list as it would make life easier.

Aaah yes, that must be our hardcoded "no exile" extension...

Jk, there's no reason why it wouldn't work, you're doing something wrong if its not showing up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

Agreed, does look bright. 

I have found that modding those bright textures by reducing "lightness" in GIMP by 50% will make them look much better in-game.  Of course RVMAT can be adjusted now via config, so there's always that approach.

Yeah, but in shadow it looks fine though. And the texture is not pure white either, its rather grayish.

1 hour ago, wld427 said:

may want to put a little more into the weathering on the sides of the M113... looks like the paint shop went straight over the mud. Are the wheels intentionally that dark?  

There is weathering applied, some edge wear and such. However weathering is a hard thing to balance out, at one point I applied a weathering that made the vehicle look like it was pulled out of a barn after 20 years, some didn't like it at all, I'm rather fine with the current balance. As for the wheels: M113 has rubber on the roadwheels.

• Like 1

If I may, what you're seeing is a balancing act of the _co and the _as.
Picture this http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/meshula/AO3.jpg~original but the shadow is your _AS map.
What you have is a greyscale tug o war, on the bright side you have the engine pulling your texture into even more brightness and on the shaded side you have the AS perhaps a bit too powerful and making your texture darker.

This can be offset by darkening your _co and brighten the green channel of your _AS, (that is making black more grey, not the overall brightness more bright outside of fine tweaks). 
Alternatively if you are using the AS color map in the rvmat and not a dedicated _AS then simply raise the value, say 0.5 to 1 across the board and you will see the shadows ingame become lighter and display your _co more accurately.

Of course it's entirerly up to you, it looks good as is and you can potentially drive yourself mad with figuring out this balancing act.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, taro8 said:

Yeah, but in shadow it looks fine though. And the texture is not pure white either, its rather grayish.

There is weathering applied, some edge wear and such. However weathering is a hard thing to balance out, at one point I applied a weathering that made the vehicle look like it was pulled out of a barn after 20 years, some didn't like it at all, I'm rather fine with the current balance. As for the wheels: M113 has rubber on the roadwheels.

I'm just trying to help you make it better....

I know the M113 has rubber on the outdside of the roadwheel.... i had one (actually a couple) in Iraq. it seems the whole wheel is coated in rubber on your retex. I would select that portion of the texture and brighten it a bit and take some of the contrast out. also if you are going to continue using the nohq texture as the base for retex jobs i highly recommend you take a little time to clone stamp out the mud from the original BIS texture. It makes a bit of a mismatch when you paint over and the texture weathering is off.  A couple fine adjustments like that would go a long way to make your texture much more realistic. best of luck with your project! 

• Like 2

This exactly what I did, the wheels and stuff were copied from the A2 UN texture.

Anyway, I do not want to mess around with AS maps as they do work fine for the woodland and desert variant, I will just  make the UN variant darker.

All of the weathering is done using SP2, so there isn't any mismatch really.

16 minutes ago, cyruz said:

How are those Taki Civs coming along? :wink_o:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taro8 said:

This exactly what I did, the wheels and stuff were copied from the A2 UN texture.

Anyway, I do not want to mess around with AS maps as they do work fine for the woodland and desert variant, I will just  make the UN variant darker.

All of the weathering is done using SP2, so there isn't any mismatch really.

what i am referring to as the weathering is the obvious lumps on the sides of the vehicle that look like they were painted over with green. Like they didn't wash the vehicle before it went into the paint booth. May want to make a new nohq texture without any weathering, bumps, or mud effects and apply that to the model. Then add your choice of textures or weathering over top to help match better. just trying to give you some feedback and possible solution. again.... good luck with your project. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2017 at 6:04 PM, Chairborne said:

Aaah yes, that must be our hardcoded "no exile" extension...

Jk, there's no reason why it wouldn't work, you're doing something wrong if its not showing up.

Negative every weapons works except this M60E4. Others have tried it and its still a no-go.

["M60E4", "CUP_lmg_M60A4", 700],

I've checked the class name and its correct but what I do not understand is why do the weapon classname  in the editor show "CUP_Weapon_lmg_M60E4 but the Wiki list shows the classname as "CUP_lmg_M60E4"? I've tried both with no result. Its not a biggie as there is an another M60E4 in the workshop.

7 hours ago, wld427 said:

what i am referring to as the weathering is the obvious lumps on the sides of the vehicle that look like they were painted over with green. Like they didn't wash the vehicle before it went into the paint booth. May want to make a new nohq texture without any weathering, bumps, or mud effects and apply that to the model. Then add your choice of textures or weathering over top to help match better. just trying to give you some feedback and possible solution. again.... good luck with your project. 

There! Is it sufficiently dirty now?! ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!

Pak6Gjp.jpg

HUVOAdU.jpgtILJ9oQ.jpg

:icon_biggrin:

Just messing around with settings, experimenting and such. Those bumps you mentioned: its actually dirt chunks that have bump map, they are actually dirt colored though, only screenshots don't catch it very well. The normal maps, and all other maps, are actually automatically generated along with the texture so everything matches how each map should look. I do agree that I didn't put enough weathering, working on that ATM. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 14

The quote is "are you NOT entertained"  :f:

You know a "super muddy" paint job like that does not look bad at all... I kind of like it :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, taro8 said:

Pak6Gjp.jpg

HUVOAdU.jpgtILJ9oQ.jpg

Just messing around with settings, experimenting and such. Those bumps you mentioned: its actually dirt chunks that have bump map, they are actually dirt colored though, only screenshots don't catch it very well. The normal maps, and all other maps, are actually automatically generated along with the texture so everything matches how each map should look. I do agree that I didn't put enough weathering, working on that ATM. Thanks for the feedback.

Jesus christ somebody tried cleaning the latrine with an APC. Looks like it went well!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

The quote is "are you NOT entertained"  :f:

You know a "super muddy" paint job like that does not look bad at all... I kind of like it :)

I know :wink_o:.

Well, everybody has their own fetishes, I do not judge :icon_biggrin:.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, whatsupdoc_1_27 said:

Negative every weapons works except this M60E4. Others have tried it and its still a no-go.

["M60E4", "CUP_lmg_M60A4", 700],

I've checked the class name and its correct but what I do not understand is why do the weapon classname  in the editor show "CUP_Weapon_lmg_M60E4 but the Wiki list shows the classname as "CUP_lmg_M60E4"? I've tried both with no result. Its not a biggie as there is an another M60E4 in the workshop.

The classname is indeed "CUP_lmg_M60E4", idk what could cause this one in particular not to work. Do you even get any error in the rpt?

10 hours ago, taro8 said:

I know :wink_o:.

Well, everybody has their own fetishes, I do not judge :icon_biggrin:.

You've just covered an M113 in poo. We do not want to hear about your fetishes!

• Like 3

All jokes aside, I figured out how to set up dirt that is coming from the from with less of it in the back. Those screens were just from the phase of testing extreme values (without making the whole thing caked in shit mud).

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chairborne said:

The classname is indeed "CUP_lmg_M60E4", idk what could cause this one in particular not to work. Do you even get any error in the rpt?

I guess you were correct. I am thinking the space between 4 and " was the problem. I looked at it and didn't even notice it and it works fine now. Thanks.

• Like 1

Damn, I was working on M113, but I think my GPU might be dying on me, with sucks.

GPU died, fortunately I found my old one laying around, it was enough to pull all the programs. So, I learned a new way of setting up the grunge generators with allowed me to put nice long scratches on the sides with look like they were made by foliage brushing the sides, while the top is pretty clean. In the end the scratches look more natural, not like someone poured acid over the whole thing. I also toned down the  poop  mud while still keeping the front nice and dirty with much less on the back. Still trying to find the fine balance for the dirt & mud. However, the current scratches look much better then before.

Spoiler

EfrHnFy.jpgVjmm77Z.jpgQEXPNvJ.jpg

• Like 2

After looking up some photos I noticed that its always more dust than mud on the vehicles. So I went back to M113 and put nice dirt coming from the bottom leaving the topside pretty clean. I left some of the thicker mud and stuff just for added depth. Looks pretty well.

Spoiler

WWVh8HL.jpgFJUtvmd.jpg2l0MC6O.jpgvEAkqLk.jpg

• Like 8

On 17/02/2017 at 1:18 AM, taro8 said:

Pak6Gjp.jpg

HUVOAdU.jpgtILJ9oQ.jpg

The US Armys latest attempt at using old M113s to clean latrines has been deemed a total failure.

4 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

The US Armys latest attempt at using old M113s to clean latrines has been deemed a total failure.

or a complete success depending on how clean the latrines are now :yay: