CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

5 hours ago, Jester504 said:

I love the CUP. But every time I get in the Apache (of any type/faction) as pilot and turn the engine on the ATRQ immediately glitches to full damage. No other human players on my server have that problem and the AI can fly it fine.

As b.a.verrecus said, it's the Advanced Flight Model. The lack of good documentation and the fact that nobody of us uses it is the reason this hasn't been fixed yet, and it is very unlikely to get fixed any time soon.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2017 at 2:09 AM, Alwarren said:

As b.a.verrecus said, it's the Advanced Flight Model. The lack of good documentation and the fact that nobody of us uses it is the reason this hasn't been fixed yet, and it is very unlikely to get fixed any time soon.

Ohhhhhhh. Sucks. Thanks.

I was looking into the AFM of the Apache, but didn't find a problem yet. It all looks correctly set up. So, still looking

And speaking of Advanced Flight Model: If someone with knowledge about this topic, how to set up the AFM and such, you might want to consider joining CUP and helping us fix it.

On 8.2.2017 at 4:58 PM, Muecke said:

I would like to ask one about locking targets with the Ka-50. Couldnt find anything here or in bugtracker.

In Ka-50 you dont have visual locking on hud or radar right ? So one needs to lock on view and have audio lock sign ?

Sorry if this sounds stupid but Iam more Infantry than pilot, I need to know though.

Or is there any chopper on opfor who can lock aircrafts ?

I tested this and recorded a video for your convenience. You can clearly see both the ground and air radar huds don't display any vehicles. You can stil tab-lock them, but all you see are white frames around the targets. Toward the end of the video I locked a hostile chopper, but there were no locking sounds, and the rockets missed their target. Sorry for the poor quality, didn't set the resolution in OBS prior to recording...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [evo] dan said:

Can anything go on the pylons on those choppers?

Not yet

• Like 3

On 2/7/2017 at 9:11 PM, JD Wang said:

maybe people have finally clicked that with this awesome config from AuTigerGrad you don't need to wait for someone to port them over?

Glad you like them Wang.

I've also got African made factions using CUP only as well for anyone who wants to expand their CUP scenarios to Africa.  

6 factions in total, including 2 separate Civilian factions...one Western/Christian based, the other Eastern/Muslim based.

Only requirement is CUP.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, [evo] dan said:

Can anything go on the pylons on those choppers?

I've seen a post where the dev branch allows for essentially a built-in arming menu. It would be nice a) for it to make it to release and b) mod makers such as Cup to adopt it. We're talking about a whole new world here :)

That looks like a whole new Blackhawk model !?!

• Like 4

It's the MH-60S, but with stub wings now.

Seeing that reminds me of the eternal question.

What's the code to spawn the Ospreys in the editor already packed?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rich_R said:

I've seen a post where the dev branch allows for essentially a built-in arming menu. It would be nice a) for it to make it to release and b) mod makers such as Cup to adopt it. We're talking about a whole new world here :)

We are following this development, but right now, it's still far away from actual deployment (Likely it won't make it into the base game until Jets DLC hits), and subject to change.

We don't know yet how this will look exactly, and it might interfere with the way we handle multiple layouts, so no promises.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shomu1 said:

What's the code to spawn the Ospreys in the editor already packed?

It should work with vehicle customization

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Varanon said:

It should work with vehicle customization

I'm not seeing the option under "Edit Vehicle Appearance" in the editor.  

• Like 1

On 13.2.2017 at 2:06 PM, Chairborne said:

Top right corner.

Exactly, i'm sorry but there's only a login. Entering false data doesn't give a register prompt either.

11 minutes ago, flattermann said:

Exactly, i'm sorry but there's only a login. Entering false data doesn't give a register prompt either.

The register prompt was closed down due to spammers (not bots) flowing our Phab with advertising (and not the nice kind of advertising).

Write me a PM with a valid Mail adresse and I will create you an account ASAP.

• Like 3

Please Help - "CUP_Afgan_Config" requires addon "CUP_Afghan_Data"

Has anybody had this error occur and know how to fix it? Been looking for days and cannot find anything useful that helps. Cheers

4 hours ago, Dirtypumpa said:

Please Help - "CUP_Afgan_Config" requires addon "CUP_Afghan_Data"

Has anybody had this error occur and know how to fix it? Been looking for days and cannot find anything useful that helps. Cheers

Welcome to the forum Dirtypumpa. You need to clarify a little more as you're being a little vague as to what you're actually doing etc etc which makes it harder for people to help. Annoying though this is, mine works fine. So you're obviously missing something. Now i'm being vague. :f:

I take it you are running the latest version? Are you running the mods in one folder, or separate which i am if i'm honest.

In short, give a little more info mate. And i'm sure we can muck in and try to sort your problem, or not. :f:

• Like 1

An update on M113. I am finally happy with the SMDI and normal maps. I have figured out a way to do the SMDI maps fast and looking pretty good, the hotspots from specular maps are still there, but looking pretty natural.

BTW: The UN paint is pretty bright, but the screenshots were taken in bright direct sunlight. When in shadow it looks as it should (3rd picture).

PD1lW7N.jpgxh1UjzT.jpgCoBxvVx.jpgMYy0G3S.jpg

• Like 12

Agreed, does look bright. 

I have found that modding those bright textures by reducing "lightness" in GIMP by 50% will make them look much better in-game.  Of course RVMAT can be adjusted now via config, so there's always that approach.

may want to put a little more into the weathering on the sides of the M113... looks like the paint shop went straight over the mud. Are the wheels intentionally that dark?  

• Like 1