CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

1 hour ago, opec666 said:

The content is Bohemia's. It's doesn't matter that they worked on it for however long... it matters that they're locking down Bohemia's content for very flimsy reasons. Forking projects is supposed to be held sacred in open source communities.

Road runner: why delete my post if you can still read it in three replies?

You have 2 choices, you might want more but such is life, you have 2 and they are :

1 - Enjoy the hard work the Cup team have done and continue to do, without any payment or donations, then the distribution costs and website hosting/domain fees etc they've incurred and having to tolerate whiney little bitches with opinions.

2 - Go do it all yourself, your way, with all the fixes and changes and content that you want, the BI samples can be found Here

If you pick option 2 then I wish you luck.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, opec666 said:

The content is Bohemia's. It's doesn't matter that they worked on it for however long... it matters that they're locking down Bohemia's content for very flimsy reasons. Forking projects is supposed to be held sacred in open source communities.

This clearly states that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please do yourself a favour and embarress yourself somewhere else...

• Like 3

Not only was that work exactly what makes it not Bohemia's as described by ArmaFiend, but I can also point to how much of that content was never Bohemia's because in two cases (the F-35B's current gun pod/underwing pylons and the RG-31) I personally reached out to community content makers/rights holders for their inclusion in CUP.

• Like 1

Wrong.

First of all, this isn't an open source project.  I don't give an airborne excrement about what you think is "sacred" or not. We chose to a) not make the project open source and b) decided not to allow forking. That is our decision entirely. 

Secondly, while SOME of the content is from BIS, SOME of the content is not, but from other sources, including from our team members. Some stuff is remade from scratch, others was reworked in a number of ways. 

And finally, we are not locking down Bohemia's content. It is there, on their web page, and everybody can grab it. Our reasons are neither flimsy, nor have you any clue what the hell you are talking about.

So, why don't you take your self-righteousness, swallow it while and if you have balls, do the work yourself? No seriously, go ahead. We'll be waiting here.

Forum rules and decency forbid me saying what I really think now.

• Like 7

You have no idea how massive the SVN is. Its something above 191GB and I downloaded ALL of it. So you were complaining about the download size...

BTW: Do you guys realize that even if you would want to just take a single vehicle or weapon from CUP and make it standalone, you would still need to download the whole mod first, right?

• Like 2

If you only want one or two vehicles then make your own ports. No seriously. There's plenty of guides out there and it gives you more control over what gets done with it. If I can do it. Anyone can. 

The licensed data is out there. Go nuts. 

• Like 3

First, I'd like to thank all the CUP developers for all the hard work they put in on this great mod and for the product they have produced over the last few years.

I just thought, given the recent turn of events on this board that I'd provide the (semi-drunken) opinion of a server owner, whose primary and well-populated Epoch server uses CUP Weapons, Units and Vehicles exclusively - completely replacing all ARMA3 weapons and all ARMA3 vehicles that would not exist in 2025 (the date of the server).

Not one of my players has ever had a problem having to download the three mods despite the large, and unfortunately justified mod sizes. In fact, I am the only person who could claim to have an issue since I have to both manually download and upload the files to the game server - and I don't complain because by doing so I provide a better server with a unique feel. Though, to be honest it would be nice to get a couple of days warning on an update so I could schedule time for the update rather than reacting to it.

I don't even use all the equipment, units and vehicles available (I try and keep the stuff available consistent with the timeline and backstory of the Altis map I provide), but I don't care whether I have to download a few hundred, or more, MB in order to use the ones I do. I simply just don't provide or use that equipment on the server.

Really do not understand the people who come on here regularly looking to steal your hard work and bitch when you, rightly tell them that they can not. As many have said, you want to do your own stuff, do so... or just use the mod as provided.

Also, finally, as far as monetization goes, again, no problem and given the events of the past its a decision I have a lot of sympathy for. A number of mods forbid it. On my servers I accept donations with no rewards or conditions (i.e. not monetized). People who like my servers provide me enough each month to run my four servers and that's all I care about.

Anyway, seriously, keep up the good work and know that a lot of us server owners really appreciate what you have done and are enthusiastically looking forward to what's yet to come.

P.S. Any chance of the Chernarus bus guys? :drinking2:

• Like 9

I can't help but notice quite a bit of inconsistency. Many magazine on per round basis weighs more than vanilla value(even when the caliber and capacity are identical), the extreme case would be for bolt action rifle. yet some are perfectly in line(say CZ805 B1) with vanilla value. While others(.50BMG magazine) are lighter than vanilla value, with 10 round magazine for M107 falls into the exact opposite. Among magazines of different capacity the weight can also be quite drastically different. Similar can be said about weapon weight, where the number suggest long barrel SCAR-H is almost half the weight of M110.

On the protective gear side, pro-tec helmet have the protective rating of the highest end of ballistic helmet, while some other ballistic helmets are being treated as less, which is also a rating carried by some totally non-protective headgear. Lightweight plate carrier suffers greatly in protection(instead of coverage), but enjoys no weight benefit.

For launchers, while I could understand the significantly increased weight compared to vanilla value, I don't quite get the sudden increase of total weight when a round is loaded into the launcher.

On 30/01/2017 at 0:40 AM, Grahame said:

First, I'd like to thank all the CUP developers for all the hard work they put in on this great mod and for the product they have produced over the last few years.

I just thought, given the recent turn of events on this board that I'd provide the (semi-drunken) opinion of a server owner, whose primary and well-populated Epoch server uses CUP Weapons, Units and Vehicles exclusively - completely replacing all ARMA3 weapons and all ARMA3 vehicles that would not exist in 2025 (the date of the server).

Not one of my players has ever had a problem having to download the three mods despite the large, and unfortunately justified mod sizes. In fact, I am the only person who could claim to have an issue since I have to both manually download and upload the files to the game server - and I don't complain because by doing so I provide a better server with a unique feel. Though, to be honest it would be nice to get a couple of days warning on an update so I could schedule time for the update rather than reacting to it.

I don't even use all the equipment, units and vehicles available (I try and keep the stuff available consistent with the timeline and backstory of the Altis map I provide), but I don't care whether I have to download a few hundred, or more, MB in order to use the ones I do. I simply just don't provide or use that equipment on the server.

Really do not understand the people who come on here regularly looking to steal your hard work and bitch when you, rightly tell them that they can not. As many have said, you want to do your own stuff, do so... or just use the mod as provided.

Also, finally, as far as monetization goes, again, no problem and given the events of the past its a decision I have a lot of sympathy for. A number of mods forbid it. On my servers I accept donations with no rewards or conditions (i.e. not monetized). People who like my servers provide me enough each month to run my four servers and that's all I care about.

Anyway, seriously, keep up the good work and know that a lot of us server owners really appreciate what you have done and are enthusiastically looking forward to what's yet to come.

P.S. Any chance of the Chernarus bus guys? :drinking2:

Spot on, man :)

Large mods, funnily enough, are large. As games constantly get larger and larger (as they inevitably do), large mods for them are only ever going to get even larger. Give it a few years, and you`ll be finding some single mods sitting around 100GB+. Bitching about it is not going to help at all. Yes, your internet speeds/monthly capacity might not increase in line with content sizes. That can`t be helped. It`s annoying, but it is how it is.

Spare a thought for those making the huge mods, in their own time, for free. It`s not a couple of minutes, or hours. It`s usually all day, every day for months (and in many cases, years). Family and friends can be set aside, and some people even go proper doolally and disappear completely over it, never to be seen or heard of again.

If it takes a bit longer for you, or people you know to download it, suck it up. It`s not the end of your world, or anyone else`s. Be grateful someone has taken the time to make it for you ;)

Thanks to the CUP team, as always.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mmm said:

I can't help but notice quite a bit of inconsistency. Many magazine on per round basis weighs more than vanilla value(even when the caliber and capacity are identical), the extreme case would be for bolt action rifle. yet some are perfectly in line(say CZ805 B1) with vanilla value. While others(.50BMG magazine) are lighter than vanilla value, with 10 round magazine for M107 falls into the exact opposite. Among magazines of different capacity the weight can also be quite drastically different. Similar can be said about weapon weight, where the number suggest long barrel SCAR-H is almost half the weight of M110.

On the protective gear side, pro-tec helmet have the protective rating of the highest end of ballistic helmet, while some other ballistic helmets are being treated as less, which is also a rating carried by some totally non-protective headgear. Lightweight plate carrier suffers greatly in protection(instead of coverage), but enjoys no weight benefit.

For launchers, while I could understand the significantly increased weight compared to vanilla value, I don't quite get the sudden increase of total weight when a round is loaded into the launcher.

Are you taking the arsenal values for reference or have you actually checked the configs?

VA is known to give out weird values for armor protection and gear weight.

Hello Guys

Thank you for your nice and enormous work.

Somes users of combat assault mod ask me why some maps of terrain pack are not working correctly with combat assault

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176430-coop-combat-assault-official-thread/

it seems in map like everon, malden and perhaps other, it s missing a standard entrie:

configfile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize"

Combat assault uses it to supports all existing map on A3 without modifications of users.

can you please add it to your next release ?

10 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Are you taking the arsenal values for reference or have you actually checked the configs?

VA is known to give out weird values for armor protection and gear weight.

Well I didn't check each and every. But for magazine weight filling up your back pack gives you a good idea. For armor, I did put a few bullets in them, it did turn out to be consistent with the arsenal "stat bar" value. If I checked the config passthrough and armor value I'm pretty sure it will reflect that too. CUP seems to just have a few "tiers" in that respect. For Mk17 and M110 I did check config, it is 80ish and 140ish mass respectively IIRC. IRL I think their difference is no more than 1kg. Someone might have taken barebone weight of the former as an apple to apple of the weight with bipod, scope and suppressor and loaded magazine of the latter.

I've also noticed significant difficulty for Stinger to hit targets short of full head on or tail chase angle, which in my opinion is not a good representation.

3 hours ago, code34 said:

it seems in map like everon, malden and perhaps other, it s missing a standard entrie:

configfile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize"

Combat assault uses it to supports all existing map on A3 without modifications of users.

can you please add it to your next release ?

Yes, my missions use it too. Would be good if it could be done.

1 hour ago, mmm said:

Well I didn't check each and every. But for magazine weight filling up your back pack gives you a good idea. For armor, I did put a few bullets in them, it did turn out to be consistent with the arsenal "stat bar" value. If I checked the config passthrough and armor value I'm pretty sure it will reflect that too. CUP seems to just have a few "tiers" in that respect. For Mk17 and M110 I did check config, it is 80ish and 140ish mass respectively IIRC. IRL I think their difference is no more than 1kg. Someone might have taken barebone weight of the former as an apple to apple of the weight with bipod, scope and suppressor and loaded magazine of the latter.

I've also noticed significant difficulty for Stinger to hit targets short of full head on or tail chase angle, which in my opinion is not a good representation.

Armor values themselves are copypasted from BI items so in that regard we tried to make the items as much compatible as possible with vanilla, as for how much the individual items protect usually line infantry body armor has greater protection, while lighter vests have less or none. Shooting at stuff in virtual arsenal produces weird inconsistent results, but if you have some specific examples we can take a look. As for item weight, the original criteria was to have everything fit in vests in the same way they used to fit in A2 units, but if there are inconsistencies we'll check them.

Either way i suggest you put this stuff in our feedback tracker because we don't take note of anything if it's not there. http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, code34 said:

is it an answer relative to mapsize entrie problem ? I used the terrain complete pack.

Kindof, but when you have the complete it shouldn't be the case here.

I checked in our revision control and the CWA terrain never had a size value defined. Can you please create a ticket about that in our tracker? We might even be able to include that in the hotfix.

I gave the Arma 2 autum trees and ground clutter (grass and such) some love. Grass now uses Arma 3 rvmat settings and it no longer glows. Most of the trees had have their rvmats changed and textures edited so they look a bit more natural and distant lod and near view match, more or less.

T5DLgZR.jpgbXZHWXq.jpg

G1zbJ9G.jpg

rijtQ0E.jpg

uKdmHPJ.jpg

1nCWr44.jpg

Pictures taken with my reduced haze mod on. Check the link in my signature.

• Like 17

Just wanted to say a big Thank you, to all the developers involved in this project. You made the damn whole game playable in the third installment. This is fantastic. I like the fact that with the complete CUP pack you got everything you need without installing thousands of mods. I consider making a campaign/scenarios in Harvest Red style, still love the Arma 2 series and the Chernarus setting most.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2017 at 3:02 PM, deltagamer said:

20170131205924_1.jpg

Delta Force RRV from A2 OA

Kinda off topic but is that VR in the editor? and how did you get that "pool" in there?..Thats pretty neat.

Diesel

It has always been in the top right corner of the VR map.

• Like 2