CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 25/12/2016 at 10:47 PM, icarus86 said:

Can we expect some other vehicle crews to learn how to properly hold there weapons?

good work :D

Hopefully, training only seems to be limited to the USMC so maybe one day they'll share their secrets with other vehicle gunners  :upside:

20161227011832_1.jpg

• Like 10

I've been running into a problem with the CUP Terrains Complete and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I run a dedicated server and when I try to load the mod I get this error. Addon 'CUP_Buildings_config' requires addon 'CUP_Buildings2_data'. I don't have this problem using any of the other CUP mods. This just happened after that last BI Arma3 update. I sent the CUP developers an email but they haven't responded to me.

22 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

I sent the CUP developers an email but they haven't responded to me.

And here is the complete email correspondence you had with CUP:

Your mail:

Hi,

I really love the upgrade stuff but something is broken now.

I get this error when I try to run it.

Addon "CUP_Buildings2_config" requires addon "CUP_Buildings2.data"

This just started with the most recent Arma update.

Is there something I can do to fix it?

I've tried installing several times now but still get the same error.

Also, I have a question regarding installation.

When I unzip the files I get only two bikey's.

Are the files for the terrains supposed to be combined into two folders?

I originally had it set up like this:

@CUP_Terrains_Core

@CUP_Terrains_Complete
@CUP_Terrains_Maps

Thanks,

VAF Striker

Our answer:

Seems like some CUP files you have were corrupted.

Try doing this: go in the steam library, right click on Arma 3, go into properties and do "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

Assuming you downloaded CUP from steam workshop, if any file is broken it should be redownloaded and hopefully fixed.

Let us know how that works out.

Regards,

CUP Team

Your answer:

Didn't install them from the workshop and I had to put them on our server by direct download.

I've already tried twice now.

And later before we responded:

I sent you a message last week about this problem.

Addon "CUP_Buildings2_config" requires addon "CUP_Buildings2.data"

It looks like the BI most recent patch fixed the problem so I wanted you to know.

But you didn't answer my question regarding the files on the server.

Are the files for the terrains supposed to be combined into 2 folders or do you require 3 separate folders like this?

@CUP_Terrains_Core

@CUP_Terrains_Complete
@CUP_Terrains_Maps

Why do you write a mail to us that the problem is fixed and write here that we don't respond to your mails and the problem is not fixed?

In the email you tell us the problem was fixed by latest A3 update and here you write that it only happened AFTER the update?!?

• Like 7

Because I sent you another email stating that I was still having problems and you either didn't respond or didn't get it. I'm still getting the same error. I'm not running them from the Steam Library on the server.

Is it possible to update them on the server when they're not installed from the Library? This is my first time running a dedicated server so I'm not familiar with all of the functions at this time.

4 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

Because I sent you another email stating that I was still having problems and you either didn't respond or didn't get it. I'm still getting the same error.

There was no other E-Mail by you. The last one was under the subject "CUP Fixed".

EDIT: Question, do you use other, third party maps EXCEPT for CUP terrains? I remember a similar problem someone reported that was a conflict with another map.

EDIT2: You need EITHER CUP_Terrains_Complete OR the combination of CUP_Terrains_Core + CUP_Terrains_Maps. Mix them, you should not.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

I've been running into a problem with the CUP Terrains Complete and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I run a dedicated server and when I try to load the mod I get this error. Addon 'CUP_Buildings_config' requires addon 'CUP_Buildings2_data'. I don't have this problem using any of the other CUP mods. This just happened after that last BI Arma3 update. I sent the CUP developers an email but they haven't responded to me.

We did respond to you, in fact i was the one who wrote the email back to you, after which you replied the following arma update fixed it so i didn't bother writing another reply just for confirmation.

The answer hasn't changed though, if you're still getting those errors something is either missing or corrupted during download, there's no third option.

Regarding the three packages, Complete is just Core and Maps together, simply distributed in a single package instead of being split into two. The reason a split package exists is to ease the life of terrain makers who don't have to force everyone to download several more GBs of data and use only the core files instead (and server admins who don't want all the maps but just some).

OK, you didn't respond to me from the message that I sent you on the 23rd saying that I'm not using Steam Workshop and I also sent you a message yesterday that you didn't respond to. So anyhow, that's why I posted what I did. I'm not angry and you shouldn't be either. I'm just trying to resolve the problem.

I also asked about the order of the files and if I needed everything but it looks like I can just use the Terrains Complete only. Is this correct. Disregard, question answered.

Anyhow, I am using 2 other maps. Bornholm and Australia. I can try disabling them if that's going to be your next suggestion.

OK, it looks like the Australia map is what's causing the error. I removed it from the list and it loads OK now so thank you for that suggestion.

I have one other though. Have you run into any problems with CUP being incompatible with Alive?

Where it freezes up on loading and you can't get past the map as a client. I was just wondering because it looks like this is an issue directly related to the Australia map. I was just wondering if you had run into any issues like this with the CUP maps.

4 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

OK, it looks like the Australia map is what's causing the error. I removed it from the list and it loads OK now so thank you for that suggestion.

I have one other though. Have you run into any problems with CUP being incompatible with Alive?

Please be more specific about the problems. One thing to consider, is that not every single map in the CUP package is indexed for ALiVE. Though almost all of them are.

What's the exact problem and which map are you trying to use ALiVE on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

Where it freezes up on loading and you can't get past the map as a client. I was just wondering because it looks like this is an issue directly related to the Australia map. I was just wondering if you had run into any issues like this with the CUP maps.

Ah ok. Australia is not currently indexed to work with ALiVE because the map PBO's are obfuscated. You should not have any problems like this with the vast majority of CUP maps.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

OK, you didn't respond to me from the message that I sent you on the 23rd saying that I'm not using Steam Workshop and I also sent you a message yesterday that you didn't respond to.

In case you didn't notice, it's Christmas, we're not all sitting next to our computers anxiously awaiting E-Mail from CUP users to lighten up the dreary days of our vacations. Yes, you sent a mail on the 23rd (one day before Christmas) and then send another on the 27th (one day after Christmas). Stop complaining about that. 

And I already said above that the one from the 27th was the last you sent, we did not get any other.

Please, in the future, before you ask for help, try to exclude all possible other issues by running only CUP addons.

37 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

Have you run into any problems with CUP being incompatible with Alive?

Could you be a whee bit more specific than this?

Look, I am not trying to be an ass. I know it can be frustrating to have a problem with an addon, but I would really like to ask you to respect the fact that we're on vacation, we have other things to do than reply to E-Mail, and that it would be really helpful to a) try to exclude potential problems before you ask for support and b) be more precise with your questions.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

In case you didn't notice, it's Christmas, we're not all sitting next to our computers anxiously awaiting E-Mail from CUP users to lighten up the dreary days of our vacations. Yes, you sent a mail on the 23rd (one day before Christmas) and then send another on the 27th (one day after Christmas). Stop complaining about that.

OK, You need to calm down and stop being condescending. I didn't yell at anyone or say your jerks for not responding, I just said that you didn't. I also said that I do appreciate the help here. It seems like this is a better place to post problems because most of you are here and available. People don't use email as much as they used to so I probably should have come here first instead.

I understand what the problems are now and how to kind of work through them slowly now. I'll try to resolve them on my own and work through them the best I can and won't post here unless I run into a serious problem and need help and I will try to provide more specifics. I'm new to running a dedicated server so a lot of this is foreign to me.

I also want to reiterate what I said before. The CUP units and maps are really great and I want to use them. So that's the only reason that I was posting what I did because I wanted to get help so I can make use of them. I'll be happy to donate because you guys deserve it.

26 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

OK, You need to calm down and stop being condescending. I didn't yell at anyone or say your jerks for not responding, I just said that you didn't. I also said that I do appreciate the help here. It seems like this is a better place to post problems because most of you are here and available. People don't use email as much as they used to so I probably should have come here first instead.

I understand what the problems are now and how to kind of work through them slowly now. I'll try to resolve them on my own and work through them the best I can and won't post here unless I run into a serious problem and need help and I will try to provide more specifics. I'm new to running a dedicated server so a lot of this is foreign to me.

I also want to reiterate what I said before. The CUP units and maps are really great and I want to use them. So that's the only reason that I was posting what I did because I wanted to get help so I can make use of them. I'll be happy to donate because you guys deserve it.

if you are using the 64bit of arma 3, alive and ace will not work as far as i know currently. cup works flawlessly besides a few adjustments that should be made to config files... ... ...  

hey can you guys look into adding a stabilized gun to the t55 :) at least to the non militia faction, it was a standard in pretty much every t55 tank. old mistreated tanks such as those currently found in Afghanistan do not have stabilization due to maintenance problems (which is what takistan pretty much is.)  

and can you guys make the AV8b and F35 takeoff vertically with zero speed much like how the f35 was in arma 2 and the arma 3 apex vtol aircraft, i would be glade to give you guys my work :D   

53 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

OK, You need to calm down and stop being condescending.

Yeah, always a good idea to write something like that. Well played.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, veles-zv said:

hey can you guys look into adding a stabilized gun to the t55 :) at least to the non militia faction, it was a standard in pretty much every t55 tank. old mistreated tanks such as those currently found in Afghanistan do not have stabilization due to maintenance problems (which is what takistan pretty much is.)  

and can you guys make the AV8b and F35 takeoff vertically with zero speed much like how the f35 was in arma 2 and the arma 3 apex vtol aircraft, i would be glade to give you guys my work :D   

We wanted to have a basic monkey model T-55A and later on a fancier AMV with ERA, ATGM and all the fancy stuff.

The AV8B always was STOVL in Arma 2, and that is never ever ever going to change :shoot: the F-35 however should already have VTOL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, veles-zv said:

if you are using the 64bit of arma 3, alive and ace will not work as far as i know currently. cup works flawlessly besides a few adjustments that should be made to config files... ... ...  

Please stop spreading the false statement that ALiVE doesn't work using the 64-bit, it works fine and you can ignore the "incompatible with 64-bit" messages. :-)

The only case where ALiVE doesn't work with 64-bit yet is when you want to index a map but that's not required to play... and sorry for the off-topic ^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

OK, You need to calm down and stop being condescending.

I am calm, if I wasn't you would notice. I am just telling you to be more considerate of the work people are putting into this. You need to stop expecting immediate replies from everyone, and you need to be more precise with your questions.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AggrOnline said:

Is it me or is this missing: Survivor, Bandit, and Hero skin from Arma 2?

do you mean PMC, KSK and British troops? ksk and British military in in the mod

16 minutes ago, Mr.Skellington said:

do you mean PMC, KSK and British troops? ksk and British military in in the mod

no I meant why those skins are not included:

Hero , Bandit , Survivor

the hero and survivor models are in A2:PMC, those gear components are going to be in the next glorious CUPdate, pictures were posted by a CUP dev a couple pages back

the bandit model components are already in CUP, as the KSK tropentarn / flecktarn uniforms and gear

1 hour ago, germanaagun said:

the hero and survivor models are in A2:PMC, those gear components are going to be in the next glorious CUPdate, pictures were posted by a CUP dev a couple pages back

the bandit model components are already in CUP, as the KSK tropentarn / flecktarn uniforms and gear

What is the bandit unit class name or uniform class name I am not able to find it..