CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Do you port the soldiers as well? I was under the impression you're using A3 soldiers and just porting the uniforms/vests.

We're porting the soldiers as well. The units included right now are just proxies, and will be replaced by the real units step by step as they become available. Keep an eye on my Arma 3 screenshot gallery on Steam, I frequently post pictures there.

Do you guys have the Civllians from a2/oa ported?

Perhaps the tracksuit guy from original arma 2?

I think those models would be quite useful alongside all the millitary units as well, particularly for mission makers.

Edit: Just saw in the list on your screenshot that you do have the arma 2 ones at least

Are those the ones ported by Reyhard?

Edited by MikeTim

We're porting the soldiers as well.

Will the vests, uniforms and headgear still fit across CUP/A3?

Do you guys have the Civllians from a2/oa ported?

Perhaps the tracksuit guy from original arma 2?

I think those models would be quite useful alongside all the millitary units as well, particularly for mission makers.

Edit: Just saw in the list on your screenshot that you do have the arma 2 ones at least

Are those the ones ported by Reyhard?

I haven't tackled civilians yet, but they will be in at one point. Especially considering that the civilians we currently have mostly consist of men in shorts :)

Will the vests, uniforms and headgear still fit across CUP/A3?

Yes. It was my goal from day one to make sure that the items are not isolated from each other. The guy on this screenshot is one of the original NAPA guys wearing an Arma 3 vest and headgear. It makes things progress slower because I have to hand-edit all units, not only get the baked-in detail out and filling up the holes in the mesh, but also to adjust the shape in such a way that they fit the new material. It's quite a time-consuming process, but I simply won't settle for less :)

Can we expect DLC units as well such as the PMC units?

Can we expect DLC units as well such as the PMC units?

Yes.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Now that Take on Helicopters is released for use in Arma 3, will you port it too? Would love to see the SuperHind and the items in Arma 3.

any plans for old good SKS?

No. There was no SKS in Arma 2 or any of the DLC's, so there probably won't be a CUP one (unless there was one in Arma 1, but I don't think so).

Now that Take on Helicopters is released for use in Arma 3, will you port it too? Would love to see the SuperHind and the items in Arma 3.

We're looking into that, it might well be that we're going to port these as well. The heavy and light helicopters are the Merlin/Mohawk and the Pawnee, but their texture variants might be interesting. The medium helicopter I think is an UH-1 which is definitely not in, and then there are the Hinds which, let's face it, are made from liquid awesome anyway :)

Have to ask, any plans to port the a2 women civvies over?

Going to try at least. It will have limitations, though. I don't want to try and make female uniforms out of everything. But yeah, I miss the females in Arma 3, the civilian side is pretty sterile and the lack of the ALICE and SILVIE modules is noticeable.

Alive makes use of civilian factions in many cases though, and since we will be getting the ArmA 2 maps in CUP terrains, it would fit very well I think.

No. There was no SKS in Arma 2 or any of the DLC's...

They came with OA as part of the NATO/UNO faction, and I have to agree, those were some lovely units to play with (...still, nothing compared to mighty NAPA :rolleyes2:).

...or is OA out of the question?

Lemme, quickly...

Arma 2 [+ OA and DLCs]

Right?

Going to try at least. It will have limitations, though. I don't want to try and make female uniforms out of everything.

Oh boy, as much as I'd love to see proper civs ingame again, this is IMHO not the job of any modding guys out there.

Come on BIS, WTF?! :icon13:

...*rant off

What I'm trying to say is this: maybe at least wait with this, and see if the expansion pack will finally fix this (at least some female base units to work with, incl. proper animations and maybe some cloths/uniforms too...). Oh well, I'm not your mom ;), so go ahead and do whatever makes you (and surely many of us) happy.

Here, have a lucky banana:

:yay:

Edited by ruebe

They came with OA as part of the NATO/UNO faction, and I have to agree, those were some lovely units to play with (...still, nothing compared to mighty NAPA :rolleyes2:).

I'm quite sure the only SKS was in ACE, there was none in the BIS assets. I'm quite sure that I converted every weapon in the game except for the ACR stuff that Kllrt made. UNO had the same equipment as CDF.

Oh boy, as much as I'd love to see proper civs ingame again, this is IMHO not the job of any modding guys out there.

Come on BIS, WTF?! :icon13:

Well we're going to try and convert all the civilian stuff that was in, which includes unit and creatures.

I certainly hope for some love for the civilian factions in the expansion, they are woefully underrepresented, but that seems to be the general tenor with Arma 3 - mostly only things that are used in the campaign is put in at all. Unfortunately.

I'm quite sure the only SKS was in ACE [...] I'm quite sure that I converted every weapon in the game [...]

oohhhhh, you're talking about this sks (Soviet semi-automatic carbine)? I thought we were talking about these guys. KSK, SKS... isn't it all the same?

:drinking2:

*duck and cover

Okay then, thanks for listening.

...I find the way out by myself. :(

which includes unit and creatures.

Wait, cows too? :cool:

Wait, cows too? :cool:

Of course! No Arma 2 content port without cows!

Motorcycles?!?! :D

This is what I miss the most... just AFTER having female civs! Two wheels, small gas powered motor. This is probably the most common form of transportation (next to walking) used world wide. Quads? Meh, even in 2035 I doubt it.

Motorcycles?!?! :D

This is what I miss the most... just AFTER having female civs! Two wheels, small gas powered motor. This is probably the most common form of transportation (next to walking) used world wide. Quads? Meh, even in 2035 I doubt it.

I believe that Varanon already ported the motorcycle.

I believe that Varanon already ported the motorcycle.

I did, yes

No. There was no SKS in Arma 2 or any of the DLC's, so there probably won't be a CUP one (unless there was one in Arma 1, but I don't think so).

We're looking into that, it might well be that we're going to port these as well. The heavy and light helicopters are the Merlin/Mohawk and the Pawnee, but their texture variants might be interesting. The medium helicopter I think is an UH-1 which is definitely not in, and then there are the Hinds which, let's face it, are made from liquid awesome anyway :)

Holy cow, Are you also planning on doing Arma 1 units as well? :O

Going to try at least. It will have limitations, though. I don't want to try and make female uniforms out of everything. But yeah, I miss the females in Arma 3, the civilian side is pretty sterile and the lack of the ALICE and SILVIE modules is noticeable.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that "the civilian content level" (in content level compared to vanilla pre-OA Arma 2) is actually larger than the military content gap? (For characters I say this even allowing for how many civilian characters in Arma 2 would be 'just' be different uniform/vest/headgear/facewear combinations in Arma 3.)
A quick glimpse at the BIKI says no, so it would be out of scope for CUP unless someone donated a SKS MLOD to CUP. As an incidental note BI has never done a semiauto-only "civilian" rifle, only bolt-actions (Remington 700 for OFP's "Hunting Rifle", no "civilian" long guns in ArmA/Arma 3, CZ 550 for Arma 2, Lee-Enfield for OA) and shotguns.
And even if one somehow couldn't get the TKOH version of the Hinds in, there's still a ridiculous lot of official textures (above and beyond the variety in any Arma game) to try and stuff onto an Arma 2 Hind, as with the aforementioned heavy/light helicopter textures.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that "the civilian content level" (in content level compared to vanilla pre-OA Arma 2) is actually larger than the military content gap? (For characters I say this even allowing for how many civilian characters in Arma 2 would be 'just' be different uniform/vest/headgear/facewear combinations in Arma 3.)

It's just you :P

For one thing most civilian clothes are retextures of a limited number of base meshes (two or three). There are no variations like the functionary/suit guy, police officer, worker, priest (considering the number of churches...), and most of all, females. I'm sorry but the lack of females is the most glaring problem.

Beyond the mere clothing, there is no more bus, tracktor, bicycles, or very large number of other civilian variations. It's not just a question of colors; it's a question of shapes as well.

And finally, there is no more ALICE and SILVIE, making integration of civilians more difficult for mission makers. The result is a much more sterile world than Arma 2 had.

It's just you :P
Teasing or serous? :p As I said, it seemed to me that the content gap between Arma 2 before OA and Arma 3 is wider for civilians than for military.

Teasing or serous? :p As I said, it seemed to me that the content gap between Arma 2 before OA and Arma 3 is wider for civilians than for military.

No, I agree, mostly.

It's quite obvious that Arma 2 had much more content than Arma 3. For the civilians, this is the most obvious gap, as I already said above.

But there is still the gap in the military. For example, before the Heli DLC; there wasn't a single medevac helicopter, and only INDFOR had a chopper that could move more than 8 people (which is not even the size of a typical army squad). Each side has one wheel APC; one tracked APC; and one MBT. Each side has one plane, and for UAV's, we have one UAV, one quadrotor and one UGV in different paintjobs.

Also, most sides use the same turrets. The Kuma has a new one, and I had wished they would transplant that onto the Striders, and make a new one for NATO or CSAT - that way, we would have at least different silhouettes for the turrets. The same applies to artillery/AA. There is very little variation in vehicles.

On the guerrilla side, I really miss captured and re-painted APC's or MRAPS. A few FIA-paintjobs on a Strider or a repainted Gorgon would have gone a long way of making the FIA faction a bit more viable.

Edited by Alwarren