Alwarren

FHQ Firearms and Weapons Pack

is it possibil to make the M320 use the bipod proxy and get it to work ?

by the way model's look good nice work

is it possibil to make the M320 use the bipod proxy and get it to work ?

Unfortunately, no. The UGL requires a muzzle, and you cannot add muzzles dynamically, or enable/disable them in any way.

Unfortunately, no. The UGL requires a muzzle, and you cannot add muzzles dynamically, or enable/disable them in any way.

really to bad would be cool if that would work

really to bad would be cool if that would work

Well yeah, and while we're at it, it would be nice to have front grips as well as attachments. But these won't work since you need a different hand posture, and that is also hardcoded.

about a week ago I sent in a report to the official Arma 3 bug tracker and made a request to have all four sides of the rail available and included as an "i.e." UGL's, VFG's, and AFG's along with flashlights and lazers so on and so forth,,,, I got an email a few days back that the request was assigned. Could mean they are working on it to see the plausibility of it or agree and are working on implementing it as we speak, either way i'm taking it as a step in a good direction as far as this issue goes.

about a week ago I sent in a report to the official Arma 3 bug tracker and made a request to have all four sides of the rail available and included as an "i.e." UGL's, VFG's, and AFG's along with flashlights and lazers so on and so forth,,,, I got an email a few days back that the request was assigned. Could mean they are working on it to see the plausibility of it or agree and are working on implementing it as we speak, either way i'm taking it as a step in a good direction as far as this issue goes.

Not sure that will happen. There are a lot of issues involved:

• You cannot have flashlight and laser on a weapon at the same time. I made the flashlight of the SureFire grip in CUP usable, but that means no laser will work on the gun
  • You cannot have dynamically assigned muzzles. Attaching a GL would need to allow for the extra muzzle.
  • Attaching a front grip requires different hand anims, and to have an effect, will require "delta" values for the recoil/handling stuff

These are quite serious problems and I am not sure they are easily overcome.But hey, one can hope :) Personally, I'd be happy to see the following added:

1. Attachment points on attachments (attachable backup sights)
  2. Clip-on Night vision
  3. animated attachments like the G33 or Aimpoint scope
  4. animation source for aim-down-sight, so that things like a shortdot or the VCOG would actually be feasible by hiding parts of the cylinder.

One can always hope :)

The RHS team has 2 LLM modules with PEQ-15's and a Surefire light, using MRT Accessory Functions you can actively switch between the two. I am not trying to hijack this thread, I am just stating that it is possible, however it requires other mod dependencies.

These are quite serious problems and I am not sure they are easily overcome.But hey, one can hope :) Personally, I'd be happy to see the following added

hiddenSelections for optics would be nice too.

On a more related topic, got some bugs to add onto the others that have already been mentioned previously.

- Reload animations for when you lean either left or right while you're prone are...not quite right as you can see here:

qUAPRk1.jpgYsZsP7q.jpg

5YZOOVq.jpgk357Dxv.jpg

This applies to both the ACR and the ESR.

- No hit geo on all of the ESR variants, so they spray dust when hit by a stray round or direct hit:

hPeJsKZ.jpg

- Lack of bipod pivots on both weapons. You'll sink into the ground if prone or use your right elbow when resting it onto an object instead.

Edited by drebin052

Thanks for the reports. The Bipod issue has been fixed but not released (also, the M2010 can take bipods now). No idea what to do with the animation when leaning, I'll have to investigate that.

In the meantime, here's a few in-game shots of the new M4 (click for larger version):

P0bx2JCm.jpgD5kzLtfm.jpg3KUt2gMm.jpg

nice new front rail

Actually the whole model is new, doesn't use anything from my earlier M4's.

The new M4's are looking sweet Alwarren!!! My Sig M4 had alot of Magpul furniture on it just like that. Are your weapons intended to reflect military issued weapons or civillian models?

Are you thinking of combining your M4 pack with this to compliment the Sig M4?

No idea what to do with the animation when leaning, I'll have to investigate that.

It's a fairly simple fix. Just add the highlighted lines to CfgMovesBasic and CfgGesturesMale in the ACR/ESR configs:

ACR:

class CfgMovesBasic
{
class DefaultDie;
class ManActions
{
	FHQ_GestureReloadACR = "FHQ_GestureReloadACR";
	FHQ_GestureReloadACRProne = "FHQ_GestureReloadACRProne";
};
class Actions
{
	class RifleBaseStandActions;
	class NoActions: ManActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadACR[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadACR","Gesture"};
	};
	class RifleProneActions: RifleBaseStandActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadACR[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadACRProne","Gesture"};
	};
[color="#FF0000"]		class RifleAdjustProneBaseActions;
	class RifleAdjustRProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadACR[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadACR_Context", "Gesture"};
	};
	class RifleAdjustLProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadACR[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadACR_Context", "Gesture"};
	};
	class RifleAdjustFProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadACR[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadACR", "Gesture"};
	};[/color]
};
};

class CfgGesturesMale
{
class Default;
class States
{
	class FHQ_GestureReloadACR: Default
	{
		file = "\FHQ_Weapons\ACR\data\anim\acr_reload.rtm";
		looped = 0;
		speed = 0.4;
		mask = "handsWeapon";
		headBobStrength = 0.2;
		headBobMode = 2;
		canPullTrigger = 0;
		rightHandIKBeg = 1;
		rightHandIKEnd = 1;
		leftHandIKCurve[] = {0,1,0.05,0,0.95,0,1,1};
	};
	class FHQ_GestureReloadACRProne: Default
	{
		file = "\FHQ_Weapons\ACR\data\anim\acr_reload_prone.rtm";
		looped = 0;
		speed = 0.35;
		mask = "handsWeapon";
		headBobStrength = 0.2;
		headBobMode = 2;
		canPullTrigger = 0;
		rightHandIKBeg = 1;
		rightHandIKEnd = 1;
	};
[color="#FF0000"]		class FHQ_GestureReloadACR_Context: FHQ_GestureReloadACR
	{
		mask = "handsWeapon_context";
	};[/color]
};
};

ESR:

class CfgMovesBasic
{
class DefaultDie;
class ManActions
{
	FHQ_GestureReloadM2010 = "FHQ_GestureReloadM2010";
	FHQ_GestureReloadM2010Prone = "FHQ_GestureReloadM2010Prone";
};
class Actions
{
	class RifleBaseStandActions;
	class NoActions: ManActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadM2010[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM2010","Gesture"};
	};
	class RifleProneActions: RifleBaseStandActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadM2010[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM2010Prone","Gesture"};
	};
[color="#FF0000"]		class RifleAdjustProneBaseActions;
	class RifleAdjustRProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadM2010[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM2010_Context", "Gesture"};
	};
	class RifleAdjustLProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadM2010[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM2010_Context", "Gesture"};
	};
	class RifleAdjustFProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{
		FHQ_GestureReloadM2010[] = {"FHQ_GestureReloadM2010", "Gesture"};
	};[/color]
};
};

class CfgGesturesMale
{
class Default;
class States
{
	class FHQ_GestureReloadM2010: Default
	{
		file = "\FHQ_Weapons\XM2010\data\anim\xm2010_reload.rtm";
		looped = 0;
		speed = 0.3;
		mask = "handsWeapon";
		headBobStrength = 0.2;
		headBobMode = 2;
		canPullTrigger = 0;
		rightHandIKBeg = 1;
		rightHandIKEnd = 1;
		rightHandIKCurve[] = {0,1,0.05,0,0.95,0,1,1};
		leftHandIKBeg = 1;
		legtHandIKEnd = 1;
	};
	class FHQ_GestureReloadM2010Prone: Default
	{
		file = "\FHQ_Weapons\XM2010\data\anim\xm2010_reload_prone.rtm";
		looped = 0;
		speed = 0.3;
		mask = "handsWeapon";
		headBobStrength = 0.2;
		headBobMode = 2;
		canPullTrigger = 0;
		rightHandIKBeg = 1;
		rightHandIKEnd = 1;
		rightHandIKCurve[] = {0,1,0.05,0,0.95,0,1,1};
		leftHandIKBeg = 1;
		legtHandIKEnd = 1;
	};
[color="#FF0000"]		class FHQ_GestureReloadM2010_Context: FHQ_GestureReloadM2010
	{
		mask = "handsWeapon_context";
	};[/color]
};
};

...and presto!

pAbrqkg.jpgv42IMWW.jpg

Although the ESR's animation will still look a bit wonky even with this fix. It'll also clip into the ground when you reload while leaning on the right:

6c1YTl4.jpgx8SFvut.jpg

Edited by drebin052
typos typos everywhere

The new M4's are looking sweet Alwarren!!! My Sig M4 had alot of Magpul furniture on it just like that. Are your weapons intended to reflect military issued weapons or civillian models?

No real preference there, although the weapon itself is a government issue. The primary intention of this weapon pack is to be used with another addon I am currently working on, which will contain PMC's, Guerrillas and other "irregular" troops.

Are you thinking of combining your M4 pack with this to compliment the Sig M4?

I'll see about that, not sure yet. I might strip the magpul parts from this one and add new "regular" parts as well. I'm no longer too happy about the modelling on the old ones.

It's a fairly simple fix. Just add the highlighted lines to CfgMovesBasic and CfgGesturesMale in the ACR/ESR configs:

Cheers. I'll see that I can tweak the M2010 anim a bit. Animation isn't exactly my strong side :)

No real preference there, although the weapon itself is a government issue. The primary intention of this weapon pack is to be used with another addon I am currently working on, which will contain PMC's, Guerrillas and other "irregular" troops.

One reason he may be asking is because the model (which looks fantastic) is of a Civilian AR-15 and not a (US) military issue M4. The barrel of your model is longer than a standard M4 and there's no auto-sear pin. I'm not arguing for you to change it, just pointing out the differences. Either way, it looks sharp.

One reason he may be asking is because the model (which looks fantastic) is of a Civilian AR-15 and not a (US) military issue M4. The barrel of your model is longer than a standard M4 and there's no auto-sear pin. I'm not arguing for you to change it, just pointing out the differences. Either way, it looks sharp.

Yeah I had noticed the wrong barrel length, I have already made it 14.5 inch and also create a variant with the 10.3 inch barrel. I forgot about the auto-sear pin, I'll add that. Thanks for the heads-up.

I was going to ask if you were doing a short barrel version. But good to hear. Look forward to checking them out in game

Yeah I had noticed the wrong barrel length, I have already made it 14.5 inch and also create a variant with the 10.3 inch barrel. I forgot about the auto-sear pin, I'll add that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hey, I'm just happy you said 10.3 and not 10.5 like the rest of the internet.

It may not be remotely helpful, but if you need it, I can take a pic of all three barrels in one shot for scaling.

EDIT:

I actually had a pic already and figured I'd throw it here.  Probably not needed, as I know you know the difference, but figured it can't hurt.

IMG_0481_zpsraa6quia.jpg

IMG_0482_zps1h848dln.jpg

Edited by gatordev
  • Like 1

I actually had a pic already and figured I'd throw it here.  Probably not needed, as I know you know the difference, but figured it can't hurt.

Actually very helpful, thanks a lot!

Here's the two current versions (14.5 and 10.3 inch barrel). Click for a larger version

saRr0Nrl.jpg

Edit: Ugh I just see that the lower model's arm needs some re-weighting. There is enough geometry there, just shitty weighting -_-

Lovely! I suppose it´s going to feature your previous (and quite detailed - with checking the bolt etc) M4A1 reload animation... and camo variations on the barrel and buttstock? Anxious for the ACR+GL (so I could use it more ingame lol)

cheers!

Looking nice.  It does look like your "10.3" is actually a 10.5 or maybe even an 11" barrel.  I'm only offering that as feedback and not meant as a demand.  I like how you have them actually fitting on the model's body.  They just look right, the way they're holding them.

hi, i was wondering if you're going to support the Weapon Eventhandler Framework by Kerc. (M2010 bolt animation). Would be great and improve the immersion  ;)

hi, i was wondering if you're going to support the Weapon Eventhandler Framework by Kerc. (M2010 bolt animation). Would be great and improve the immersion  ;)

Probably not in the next release, but I was thinking about adding a bolt action anim to the M2010